In case anyone's interested, I just discovered that the type of pliers you need are called "tweezer-nose" pliers. It would have saved me a good bit of looking around had I known that sooner.
"The Federal Reserve is one of the most corrupt institutions the world has ever known. It has impoverished the people of the United States through the corrupt practices of the moneyed vultures who control it." -- Congressman McFadden, 1932