Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by MissTreated
Dude! Thanks for the opportunity to once again post this!!!!

[Linked Image]

Oh, man (woman). I remember that pic!

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
GB1

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
I get a chuckle out of that.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
You would, seeing as how you are young enough to hunt Kodiak cougar... wink

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
That has to be the funniest thing I may have ever seen!

"Cougar on the beach, cougar on the beach...!!!"

Sorry, Rick! smile

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
It was the herd aspect that cracked me up... wink

Rick was obviously not awake just yet... wink

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I'm more thinking scotch from the night before...

Must have been, what, five of 'em? THAT is a big pack!

Heading up now with the kids to an old neighbor's place tonight for lamb kabobs -- a lion had it's way, but apparently wasn't concerned when the kill (in the barn) suddenly moved to a wire crate/trap. He's been in trouble before and is no longer. DOW took the lion. Seriously wishin' we were heading up for kitty kabobs!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Bastids!

"What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives every thing its value. Heaven knows how to put a proper price upon its goods; and it would be strange indeed if so celestial an article as freedom should not be highly rated." Thomas Paine
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Even I'm laughing my a$$ off over here.

Which takes nothing away from the intent behind my last comments, mind you.

smile

"What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives every thing its value. Heaven knows how to put a proper price upon its goods; and it would be strange indeed if so celestial an article as freedom should not be highly rated." Thomas Paine
Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
There ain't no slack! grin

--Pat Parelli

--ironbender
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Sad thing is I did not see ten live deer in two weeks of glassing. Every beach had remains of winter kill though...

IC B3

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by Sitka deer
Sad thing is I did not see ten live deer in two weeks of glassing. Every beach had remains of winter kill though...

What a bummer. I was wanting to go down there this fall/early winter for deer but might just go out of PWS again. Probably be much of the same out that way, I'd imagine. After 3 yrs in one spot, though, should at least get a couple. Just small antlers found on the bucks where we go. frown

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
We got to hunt the "Good Old Days" of Kodiak deer and we are now in the "Good Old Days" of bear hunting (all across AK)... And I would trade the bear hunting for deer anyday...

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Just an FYI, the hide came back from the tannery mostly intact. It will be mounted life-size by a different taxi... Will post pictures of the mount when done in about 8 months.

The new taxi has done a few mounts I have seen down on the Kenai that are spectacular... and I have and have seen a lot of Robert Holhouser's work to compare it with.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Just an FYI, the hide came back from the tannery mostly intact. It will be mounted life-size by a different taxi... Will post pictures of the mount when done in about 8 months.

The new taxi has done a few mounts I have seen down on the Kenai that are spectacular... and I have and have seen a lot of Robert Holhouser's work to compare it with.

Off topic but meaning to ask you, how'd that sheep hunt turn out? Hope you got a nice one.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Riley and I walked over 20 miles through the exact area BW shot his sheep and out through Indian... We saw 11 lambs and ewes, no rams of any size... And we saw more people in there than I have ever seen before. We looked in a number of valleys that have always had lots of sheep in previous years.

And Riley did not have the time to go way back into the unit. Have to believe the winter kill was severe...

W
WDH Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
Riley and I walked over 20 miles through the exact area BW shot his sheep and out through Indian... We saw 11 lambs and ewes, no rams of any size... And we saw more people in there than I have ever seen before. We looked in a number of valleys that have always had lots of sheep in previous years.

And Riley did not have the time to go way back into the unit. Have to believe the winter kill was severe...

A real alaskan like sitkadeer blames his lack of success on wolves, weather, bears, other people.

Did sitkadeer ever tell you a story about the time he went sheep hunting in the brooks? He wanted to make it challenging so he walked into the brooks from Anchorage. Hardcore one might say! I must say, I agree.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

"Indian"??? As in "along Turnagain"? Huh???

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C

I don't see any way around it. That much snow can't help but make it hard on critters. Good you got plenty of fresh air. :grin

NRA LIFE MEMBER
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS!
"Suppose you were an idiot And suppose you were a member of Congress... But I repeat myself."
-Mark Twain
Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by wyodeerhunter

A real alaskan like sitkadeer blames his lack of success on wolves, weather, bears, other people.

Did sitkadeer ever tell you a story about the time he went sheep hunting in the brooks? He wanted to make it challenging so he walked into the brooks from Anchorage. Hardcore one might say! I must say, I agree.

Thanks for the post Dick. Are you blind, retarded, or just mentally deficient?

--Pat Parelli

--ironbender
Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by Maverick940

"Indian"??? As in "along Turnagain"? Huh???

I bet they were after Dall's in Arizona. Huh??

--Pat Parelli

--ironbender
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

587 members (10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 1337Fungi, 1234, 11point, 10ring1, 69 invisible), 3,033 guests, and 1,166 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,337
Posts18,468,690
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.