-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Tasco Australia just got back to me . They did say that they manufactire scopes in many countries and the country of manufacture is on the box and scope.
They still do make some scopes in japan too.

Gus

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I have seen a few Tascos with decent glass, but I have yet to see on with decent eye relief. I despise crawling a stock to get a good sight picture, so no Tascos for me.

Always remember that you are unique, just like everyone else.
H
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
H
TASCO? don't waste your money on it. Whatever you think of Bushnell, just mark one tick down for Tasco.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I have a Eroclass Tasco on my 264, only because it was there when I bought the rifle. Until it fails I see know need to buy another. Going on 8 years now.

Well we're Green and we're Gold, and we play better when it's cold. All us Cheese heads have our favorite superstar. We love Brett Favre.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

[the member formerly known as fluffy}
IC B2

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
I just could not buy a Tasco with any confidence in it when I go hunting. I would at least any up for a base line Nikon or used Leupold low end scope. I don't own any "Elcheapo" rifles and I won't own any "Elcheapo" scopes.

F
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
F
Good advice from rj308. Buy once cry once. You will cry a whole lot and often if you buy a cheap scope.

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
I've bought a couple of blister pack Tasco's out of the bargain bin at a mart store. I couldn't get either one sighted in.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Like I stated before, Japanese made Tasco's are the good ones to look out for.

Forget the others - not worth the effort.

Gus

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by johnnyappleseed
today at 325 yards i could see .204 bullet holes plain as day punched thru a steel target with my swarovski 4-12

gotta giggle.... smirk smirk smirk smirk

Last edited by Swift; 05/23/12.

220 Swift still king.
IC B3

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
I will admit up front that I am a east of the Mississippi hunter that mostly hunts on neighbors farms etc. so I am pretty easy on my equipment mostly carrying it where I go no horses, no atvs etc. I currently have mostly leupold and burris scopes now because I have more discretionary income than 30 years ago, but I have used several tasco's in the past and have always had pretty good service from them. Most of mine have been plain 4 power scopes and I still have 2 . One is a compact 4x from Japan that has been on my 22 for at least 20 years and I don't believe I've turned a knob since it was originally zeroed. The second is a 10 year old silver antler I got in a trade and it has served as the temp scope for several new rifles that were acquired and a scope not yet selected for them. It is of chinese origin. Both have held up well and zero and hold it reliably. I really can't speak for the newer variables much as my exposure to them is limited. I do know hunters that when I watch them could tear up an anvil, Their equpment is rusty and beat to h--- from bouncing around on an atv or under a truck seat and frankly I suspect many of the horror stories you hear on the internet are from these guys. However if you buy a $40 scope it probably isn't going to be quite the scope that a $200 scope or a $400 scope. However I do wonder sometimes how some of the lower tier scope makers make as good of a product as they do for the price and frankly having been in manufacturing finance for 30 years I can tell you it is not just cheap labor as direct labor cost is not the only major cost in most manufactured products and I cannot believe that the cost difference in a tasco lens and a polished lens from schott glass can account for several hundred $$ at the wholesale level. I suspect there are some pretty hefty profit margins and advertising/marketing costs associated with the " better scopes".

FVA Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

My experience with Tascos that came on guns as package deals, bought because of a coupon that came with the gun, came on used guns, and blister pack ones is that they are junk.

It's basically a pin the tail on the donkey approach and when the adjustments randomly match the point of aim not touch anything again and pray you never have to go through the sighting in process again.

Seems there are some decent models out there. The Tasco connoisseurs are welcome to them.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by FVA

My experience with Tascos that came on guns as package deals, bought because of a coupon that came with the gun, came on used guns, and blister pack ones is that they are junk.

It's basically a pin the tail on the donkey approach and when the adjustments randomly match the point of aim not touch anything again and pray you never have to go through the sighting in process again.

Seems there are some decent models out there. The Tasco connoisseurs are welcome to them.

No worries ....if you come across any Tasco Titan's or World Class Plus scopes send them to me.........they are gold!!!
grin
Gus

Last edited by Gus_K; 05/23/12.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

564 members (222ND, 1eyedmule, 12344mag, 2003and2013, 10Glocks, 222Sako, 69 invisible), 2,549 guests, and 1,277 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,675
Posts18,456,176
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.