-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 13
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
If they'd make a short action I'm in, otherwise I'll pass..

WarDamnEagle
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by senior

Curious just what reasonably priced, stock rifle you have that is so much better??

Left handed Kimber of Oregon M84.
Better in just about every respect.
And yes, I've owned a T3.

The Chosin Few November to December 1950, Korea.
I'm not one of the Chosin Few but no more remarkable group of Americans ever existed.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by dogcatcher223
I actually like the plastic mags and trigger guard. They are light, and impervious to the elements.

I agree with this too. I don't mind the mags or trigger guard myself but do believe if the shroud and bottom metal were aluminum they would sell more. I think a lot of peoples first impression based on the plastic parts and (great) but low price leaves them with an opinion of cheap and not made as well. Those that own them and know anything about them know they are made very well and shoot very well. Even the injection molded stock is the best I have seen of that type.

I put a replacement shroud on mine just because it made me happy.

Last edited by southwind; 06/19/12.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I have had alot of tikka's and most shot excellent, a couple of them were just ok. About the same track record with rem 700's.

1 and done
D
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
D
I'm still waiting for my Tikka bolt handle to fall off, and for the gun to go BOOM when I click off the safety...Oh wait, that is the M700! haha

IC B2

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Originally Posted by highridge1
I have had alot of tikka's and most shot excellent, a couple of them were just ok. About the same track record with rem 700's.

After having eight Tikka's 5 were great shooters and 3 were good, that is 3x better aveage than my other brand guns.

Ted
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I'm still waiting for my Tikka bolt handle to fall off, and for the gun to go BOOM when I click off the safety...Oh wait, that is the M700! haha

Question: was that the barrel I heard go boom?

.....somebody was going to say it...

When a country is well governed, poverty and a mean condition are something to be ashamed of. When a country is ill governed, riches and honors are something to be ashamed of
. Confucius
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by kenjs1

Question: was that the barrel I heard go boom?

.....somebody was going to say it...
I guess everybody forgot Remington had that problem too only with shotgun barrels. The difference was that Sako/Tikka did an immediate recall on all affected rifles as soon as they identified the problem and the bad batch of stainless steel barrels causing it, while Remington had to lose a class action suit before they recalled their defective barrels.

D
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
D
Remember guys, there are more important things than accuracy. Just ask anyone with a gun that cannot hang with a Tikka. laugh

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
That rifle looks like a keeper!

Turn me loose, set me free, somewhere in the middle of Montana!
IC B3

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by nsaqam

Curious just what reasonably priced, stock rifle you have that is so much better??

What's Kimber selling those left-handed M84's for these days? What calibers can I get one in?

I want one of those rifles like Boxer has, only with the handle on the left...

Last edited by DELGUE; 06/19/12.

Exquisitely turdlike in all of his many manifestations!!

Resist much - obey little. Hayduke lives!

"30-06 guys don't worry about schit 'cause 30-06 guys don't worry....." 16bore

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Dude can't even hit that big square on the piece of paper!

I would sell that Tikka immediately and buy a Kimber. At least with a Kimber you would have a 50 50 chance of hitting it and your shots wouldn't be bunched on top of eachother like with a Tikka.

Sheesh!

Remember guys, there are more important things than accuracy. Just ask anyone with a gun that cannot hang with a Tikka. laugh

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

S
SLM Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

But it is not CRF, how are you going to reload when you have to do flips down the side of the mountain to avoid being ate by a charging chipmunk? smile

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Originally Posted by JohnMoses
I filled a freezer with a bow for years, but that's as primitive as I'll go. So no Tikka for me.

I run 'em over with a four wheel drive -- horse drawn -- can't get much more primitive than that. laugh

"Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life." (Prov 4:23)

Brother Keith

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by DELGUE

What's Kimber selling those left-handed M84's for these days? What calibers can I get one in?

You smart ass! grin

You know you can't get a new M84 in left hand.

Can hardly ever find a used one either. If one went up for sale you'd have to race me to get it too!

The Chosin Few November to December 1950, Korea.
I'm not one of the Chosin Few but no more remarkable group of Americans ever existed.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by DELGUE

A very good friend bought a Kimber Montana this year and I was hugely disapointed in the quality, fit and finish as well as the accuracy. His son bought a model 70 ew at the same time and the difference was stark with the model 70 far better in every aspect.

He took it on a bear hunt with me this spring and the stock didn't hold up very well. It scratch easily and chipped too. I would take a Tikka any day and with the price difference I could buy two Tikkas.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
southwind -

I have no reason to be prejudiced for/against the Kimbers. However I've read many more complaints about the Kimbers than the Tikkas.

Some report very poor accuracy and others like you report lack of quality.

I have a sample of ONE Tikka and it fits in with most of the reports here. The accuracy is much better than average, the trigger breaks like icicles and I have NOT touched it to tamper with it. It came that way.

Last edited by jwall; 06/19/12.

jwall- *** 3100 guy***

A Flat Trajectory is Never a Handicap

Speed is Trajectory's Friend !!
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
No doubt the Tikkas are nice rifles. They just don't do it for me. Awesome shooting to the OP.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I bought a T3 lite stainless because I felt obliged to take an 06 to Africa with me. That is a long argument won by the Shootist. At any rate I had decided to hate the ugly duckling but It shot so well, handled so well and the trigger was handsdown the best factory trigger I ever squeezed on a rifle that it has become my go to rifle for my normal NA game. When my PH's rifle started throwing bullets all over, he asked to borrow my spare for the remaining 8 days. He insisted I use it the last day so I could say I hunted it in Africa.

I would have given it to him if it had been possible, but I am ever so glad that I could not. It is now the rifle I grab whe running out to shoot bear or wolves bothering the livestock. It always works with the first shot. Cold or heat do not affect function or POI.

Yes I like it in spite of the stainless and plastic. I am having a wood stock made for it just because.

Praise the Lord for full Salvation
Christ Still lives upon the throne
And I know the blood still cleansess
Deeper than the sin has gone
Lester Roloff
D
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by ribka
Dude can't even hit that big square on the piece of paper!

I would sell that Tikka immediately and buy a Kimber. At least with a Kimber you would have a 50 50 chance of hitting it and your shots wouldn't be bunched on top of eachother like with a Tikka.

The good thing about kimbers is your plywood lasts a long time, because the shots are dispersed everywhere. laugh

Page 4 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 13

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

130 members (Ackman, 257wthbylover, 300_savage, 5sdad, 2ndwind, 17 invisible), 1,749 guests, and 959 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,599
Posts18,454,511
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.