Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Kahuna Emeritus &
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter

My Friends,

A few days ago, I ordered a L&M Tactical ACOG Style Red Dot Sight from Amazon ... Tim's Surplus

http://www.amazon.com/Tactical-Styl...2&sr=8-2&keywords=m-15+red+sight

Hey, for ninety bucks, I can't get hurt too badly, right.

So, here's what comes in the mail:

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

It has few lenses and it will clamp to a Picatinny rail, but it surely has no controls. It cannot be sighted in, it has no switches or a battery.

What the heck is it????

Anyway, Amazon still sends me stuff I cannot open as an e-mail and Tim's Surplus in White Salmon, Washington hasn't answered my e-mail yet.

Any of you guys know what this is?

Live and learn, I guess.

Blessings,

Steve

"God Loves Each Of Us As If There Were Only One Of Us"
Saint Augustine of Hippo - AD 397

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
L&M Tactical XD-4 3X Magnifier with Flip to Side Mount

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...184U6LL2KQ3YB&n=&s=&v=glance

"I bought this to go along with my 553 red/green dot sight,(see my review). This is the magnifier of choice, not only at 3X does it bring targets..or.tangos..your choice, into great view it is a crystal clear image. I couldn't believ how well it brought things up close an personal like. I had originally thought of getting a 5X magnifier, but saw this, with the flip out mount. What more could you ask for, I can set up targets at various ranges..up to about 150 meters, for the up close, flip this magnifier up and out of the way..bang, bang, one down, and so on. When I get too 100 meters or so, flip the magifier back into play, and I'm knockin em dead, no worries, no issues. I have had zero problems with this scope or the mount on which it came. A flick of your thumb or finger and this scope id out of the way, no sticking, the action is clean and smooth, I would definitely get another one if needed, heck, I just might, I can take the scope out of its mount and use it asis, toss it it your pack or pocket..you've got a great magnifier. Both this magnifier and the tactile 553 red/green dot sight were shipped fast to my home, it was only 2 days and the products arrived. Will have to get some photos of this setup on my AR-15/M-4 and post them herein. "
--------------

For the money, I thought that this would be a great deal. The quality is ok but I can tell these are cheap chinese knockoffs with minimal quality control in place. The glass on my magnifier was dirty and you could see glue and grit in the actual tube. I put this in front of my eotech 512 and it does magnify but its not square with the eotech at all. I would think that the tube itself would line up fairly square with the optic that its in front of but I had to adjust the windage almost all the way left just to see the eotech's reticle. It does magnify and it does have a focus adjustment but I would probably go for the real deal or a primary arms or vortex.

---------------------

Last edited by KFWA; 06/20/12.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Steve,

I haven't heard of Tim's Surplus and can't tell you what you have. I would suggest calling Amazon Customer Service at 866-216-1072. I have been on the phone with them a couple of times in the last week about some Firestone air bags they shipped me from one of their suppliers and they were very helpful.

NRA Member
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter

So, they sent me the 3X MAGNIFIER!!!!

And that fits on the sight itself.

Interesting that I can get an answer from the 24HCF in under four minutes and I've been whacking away on the internet with Amazon/Tim's and getting nowhere.

UHHHHHHHHH!!

God Bless and THANK YOU,

Steve

PS. Anyone want to buy a 3X Magnifier??? mad

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter

Friends At 24HCF,

The folks at Tim's Surplus have been in contact with me and I'm reasonably sure that the situation will be rectified quite soon.

In fact, just for fun, I'll probably do a shooting rest of my new S&W M-15 in 5.56 NATO and it's cute little companion, the matching .22 Long Rifle. We'll put the Red Dot Scope from Tim's Surplus through it's paces and see what it will do.

It is nice when a sales firm owns up to a mistake and fixes it quickly. That shows class.

Blessings,

Steve

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Always good when a retailer makes things right!

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

132 members (257wthbylover, 300_savage, 5sdad, 2ndwind, aaronward9, 18 invisible), 1,760 guests, and 965 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,599
Posts18,454,511
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.