24hourcampfire.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 30 of 32 1 2 28 29 30 31 32
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I just read both of these responses and several others previous in this thread to my beautiful wifey. She is encouraged by them and all of the support shown to both of us during our times of trials lately. She is more motiated than ever to help me make this trip (she will have to help me drive as my chronic pain levels do not allow me to drive straight through long stretches anymore) and said to me last night that so long as she does not need ongoing treatment that lasts into and through the middle of July we are coming. I told her that I will sacrifice whatever firearms I need to in order to make the trip as well, above and beyond my guns bought on speculation intended to be for profit gunflips. NOW she is worried about living up to everyone's expectations about how cute and wonderful I have told you all she is! I told her not to worry, that she only needs to show up and be herself and she will be fine, and that I have not said anything that was not the absolute truth.

And I have NOT and did NOT post any photos of her..... RIGHT???? Yeah, that is what I thought. NONE of you has EVER seen a picture of her...... really.

We Don't want to ruin someone's vacation, especially not MINE, correct? smile or see me get shot on the spot and make a mess in Kens yard. Safariman guts all over the place from Sherri's Colt Cobra...... <G>

nope, no pictures here, Uh uh....

LOVE God, LOVE your family, LOVE your country, LIKE guns and sports.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500
BP-B2

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
What pictures, I ain't seen no pictures.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Whatchu talkin' 'bout Willis? Pichers? We ain't seed no pichers!

No matter how she physically looks, she sounds like a beautiful woman.

I certainly hope you two can make it.

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Ditto!

...and in all truth I don't recall ever having seen a picture of Mrs. Safariman.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Has everyone who is planning to be in Quemado PM'ed CCCC already?
We should be close to starting a PM thread for all who coming so we can iron out details.

Also a reminder here. Let's all pray for some rain between now and then.

IC B2

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Been steadily praying here, Thomas.

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Thanks, Thomas. A number of great responses so far.

Before week's end will repeat post of the message about letting us know with PM. Then, next week will PM all who are 'yes" or "maybe" to get irons on the details.

Yes - pray - it has been dry as an old dinosaur bone up here, no rain in sight, and the forest restrictions have already begun. Of course, that 300,000 acre Whitewater/Baldy fire 30 miles south of here has affected some thinking.

For sure we can make it all happen well even withiot rain, but it will will be so much nicer and more easily fun after some moisture.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by safariman
It would be fun to have something big to shoot at to check out pentration of various firearms and projectiles. Maybe a really big stump that we could later cut up to look for bullet trails, or maybe a foriegn car of some kind smile

you have given me a thought if i have time to do it. I had to restock a cz550 in .375H&H due to the wood cracking on the original, cz would not take care of it, and put on a fiberglass stock. I also have a supply of 300grain FMJ bullets. Those ought to penetrate something. I will have to see if i can get some loaded. it needs to be sighted in

Last edited by RoninPhx; 06/16/12.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I would not be surprsed if it won out over the 416 and the 458 in a pure penetration test.

I sent more than a few guys over to Zim for Elephant or Buff with nothing more than a 375, and they killed some monsters. It is even still well represented among PH's over there, and the CZ is one of the most popurar formats if not THE most popular.

The big bore double gun is much sought after there, but they are expensive and a bolt action 375 is still very common, and very well thought of.

Last edited by safariman; 06/16/12.

LOVE God, LOVE your family, LOVE your country, LIKE guns and sports.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
OK - for those who may have missed it about a week ago - or those who have not yet replied - this is our repeat call to get on the initial list of participants and receive follow-up PMs.

Follow-up PMs will start next week.

ORIGINAL MESSAGE: OK, TIME TO GET THIS TIGHTENED UP A BIT.

To help with planing and prep for the gathering, we need to ID the participants. So, if you expect to be with us for any of the weekend of July 13-15, please send me a PM to note that. As possible, please try to ID your arrival date/time in case we need some front-end help.

If you are trying to make it and are still a "maybe" just let us know that for the "tentative" list - and we will keep you in the info loop as well.

From here forward, we will communicate specifics and personal details through PMs. Be looking for some big group PMs along the way.

Alright - let's hear it..

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
If we answered the other one, do we need to repeat? miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
No sir I don't believe so.
This should just be a reminder for those who have not done so already.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Well then-----Bump. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
No need to chime in again - we recorded the intial replies.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
ALL RIGHT �

Post your list, Paul.

It will be of interest both to those who're on and to others.

"Good enough" isn't.

Always take your responsibilities seriously but never yourself.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Ken - as noted earlier - that is being done by PM. Please see PM.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
for all you reloaders - great buys on blemished bullets

get'm fast use link or go to midwayusa type in blemished bullets in word search.

the 30. cal non lead look interesting

http://www.midwayusa.com/Find?statu...nId=&userSearchQuery=blemish+bullets

AZCOUES___Border Rat Clan
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
azcoues:

Hope you have a fine evening knowing you are an evil person (for posting the Blem bullet hyperlink (:->) )

Seriously, thanx for the post, I need some slugs for the SIL's B-day (and mine/today) in 30/30, also for my 44 mag and 30-06 and Marvin the wonder rifle (30-30). Sure do appreciate the post.

Be safe
Patty

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
i put it here for the guys/gals - no place else - lol

AZCOUES___Border Rat Clan
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Paul, I am going to try and make it. The wife has been working out of town, so I can't guarantee I will be there. It depends on her schedule. Thanks KDJ

Page 30 of 32 1 2 28 29 30 31 32

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
694 members (10Glocks, 10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 222Sako, 222ND, 16penny, 72 invisible), 2,770 guests, and 1,316 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,627
Posts18,398,735
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.