Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
I have a 375 Rum barrel that I just pulled off. Used the action to build a 338 Edge instead.

BP-B2

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by TheKuskokid
"Men" aren't what they used to be. A sissified society. Demanding ultralightweight rifles because they aren't strong/tough enough to carry 10-12 pounds, then snivel when the rifle kicks too hard.

the only one sniveling here is you.

Guns don't kill people, drivers with cell phones kill people.
T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
Originally Posted by toad
"Men" aren't what they used to be. A sissified society. Demanding ultralightweight rifles because they aren't strong/tough enough to carry 10-12 pounds, then snivel when the rifle kicks too hard.

the only one sniveling here is you.

"Toad",...you may wish to change your surname. Frogs and toads generally have a challenging time with high-level reasoning skills.
Sniveling about the metrosexualization (just to help you out, this means sissification), of society as displayed here. No. This is an observation regarding the illogical desire to have a super-light rifle firing a cartridge that is going to generate more recoil than most can handle, then complaining about it.
Build the rifle with enough weight to mitigate the recoil and get strong enough to carry the rifle.
Build the rifle super-light and hang a noise-redirector on the end of the barrel, or build the same and hang a suppressor on the end of the barrel. Suppressors aren't pretty but they work well at both reducing recoil and noise. Downside is not every state allows them.
Toughen up to use the super-light rifle and take the recoil.
But quit the whining.

You can piddle with the puppies, or run with the wolves...

Better living through chemistry!
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
keep on sniveling, 'kid'

one of my .375 Ultras, sans brake of course

[Linked Image]

with a 6x36 aboard.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

and the other. just a tad over 8# all up (W/sling, three rounds, ect...).

[Linked Image]

now maybe you can post pics of your .375 Ultra?

or are you just here to display your version of 'higher level reasoning skills'?...laffin

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I had one of those rifles, laminated w/1.5x5 Leupy. Put a brake on it, done away with the Jlock and bedded and trigger job. Puts 3 shots darn near into each other. Used it on Grizz and shot just one bull moose...a beast for sure. I sold it, even at 370 yds. the blood shot on the exit on the bull was extensive.

I never had a problem carrying it or reloading/shooting it....just came to the conclusion it was too much of a good thing. Sold it. Recoil was mild if anything.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Recoil is stout in mine, but I definetly dont complain. Its light and recoils and I love every minute of it!

T
T
no doubt u know u touched one off when it goes bang but like u i love the big boomers mine seems to like the 260gr nbt sitten on 101 grns of 4831sc vert authouritive at both ends lol

T
T
mine is a older remmy 700bdl which i took off the bdl stock and put the slimmer cdl stock in its place 26in barrel no brake and a zeiss 4.5-14x50 sitten on top nice look and easy to tout about

T
T
whats all the whinin about recoil use a lead sled for the bench work if u need to makes sense if u have lots of shootin to do and when your huntin u hardly hear the gun go boom much less feel recoil

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Hi Toad. I noticed that you dont have the open sights on either of your 375's. Did you remove them and just install small screws to plug? How did it look under the sights? Any real blems under there? Thanks.

IC B3

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
gunchamp, there are no blemishes under the sights, just screw holes, and even the screw holes are coated black on the inside. on my other rifles, i just use the plug screws from the reciever scope mount holes to plug the sight screw holes, but on the XCR II, these screws do not seem to fit, so i tried #6-40. those don't seem to fit right either, so as of right now, i have the open screw holes in the bbl. i will have to do some research and find exactly what thread pitch Remington uses on the so i can chase the threads and install proper plug screws.

the bare stainless rifle started life as an SPS with a 26" barrel, so it came without sights. i cut that barrel to 23"

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Very nice. Thanks for the info.

T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
keep on sniveling, 'kid'

or are you just here to display your version of 'higher level reasoning skills'?...laffin

Nice rigs.

Nope, don't have a .375 RUM. They hadn't come out when I had my .375 H&H rechambered to .375 Weatherby, which weighs around 9.5 pounds ready to run.

"The Point" of my previous post has again flown over your head. Didn't you hear the sonic boom? That should have alerted you you missed something.

Try again.

oxoxoxoxo's

R
R
I never got around to buying one. I still might if I run across a good deal.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
keep on sniveling, 'kid'

Nice rigs.

Nope, don't have a .375 RUM. They hadn't come out when I had my .375 H&H rechambered to .375 Weatherby, which weighs around 9.5 pounds ready to run.

"The Point" of my previous post has again flown over your head. Didn't you hear the sonic boom? That should have alerted you you missed something.

Try again.

oxoxoxoxo's

i missed nothing, dumbass. you post on a .375 Ultra thread about recoil management, yet you don't even have a .375 Ultra.... some real 'perals of wisdom' you have there, too. "add a brake/supressor, heavier rifle, or learn recoil management". WOW, where do you get this stuff? Outdoor Life?

but it's not like i can't play the 9.5# .375 Wby/.375 AI game too, but that's not the topic of the thread, now is it?

[Linked Image]

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
The absolute best of the RUM series IMHO. So easy to reload for, choose any medium burning rate powder any bullet and it just shoots lights out. I rechambered a 375 H&H M70 stainless and it shoots cloverleafs with the 300 Barnes X. Anyone know where I can get a M70 magazine box which they made for the 300 RUM?

regards
JohnT

J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
Brownells has them:

Stock #:100-000-568WB
Mfr:WYATTS OUTDOOR
Mfr Part #:MBE8
Retail Price:$42.50

Or you can go right to Wyatts Outdoor and get it for $28.99.

Last edited by jaycee; 06/30/12.
T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
keep on sniveling, 'kid'

Nice rigs.

Try again.

oxoxoxoxo's

i missed nothing, dumbass. you post on a .375 Ultra thread about recoil management, yet you don't even have a .375 Ultra.... some real 'perals of wisdom' you have there, too. "add a brake/supressor, heavier rifle, or learn recoil management". WOW, where do you get this stuff? Outdoor Life?

but it's not like i can't play the 9.5# .375 Wby/.375 AI game too, but that's not the topic of the thread, now is it?

[Linked Image]

Wow. I give up. Have a nice day.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by JohnT
The absolute best of the RUM series IMHO. So easy to reload for, choose any medium burning rate powder any bullet and it just shoots lights out. I rechambered a 375 H&H M70 stainless and it shoots cloverleafs with the 300 Barnes X. Anyone know where I can get a M70 magazine box which they made for the 300 RUM?

regards
JohnT

The 338 RUM is very good. A mate of mine has had a few made with both Tobler and Maddco barrels and had them to Africa twice. With bullets of equal sectional density it is the same as the 378 Wby for velocity. My mate with the 338 RUMs also did a lot with the 300 RUM and that included two trips to Africa but overall he rates the 338 RUM as better. For one thing more flexible with reloading and powder availability.

I think if the 375 RUM had been chambered in the CZ or M70 it would have been more popular. On the other hand the H&H and Ruger are seen as more practical and the 378 has more pizzaz and will do over 3000 f/s with all bullets.

But there can be no better endorsement of the 375 RUM than Saeed on AR using the pair of 404 Improveds neck to 375, although he loads down to about 375 Wby velocity. And he been to Africa with it loaded to 2600 with 300 grainers and also been with the 375 Lazzeroni (same as 378) but ended sup settling on 375 Wby ballistics but obviously with low pressure.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I've got a 7 1/2 lb (with scope) XCR II in 375 Weatherby. It's an awesome rifle. I can only think the 375 RUM in an XCR II would be the same.

Regards,

Chuck

"There's a saying in prize fighting, everyone's got a plan until they get hit"

Ghost And The Darkness

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
204 members (12344mag, 160user, 257 roberts, 257robertsimp, 257 mag, 10Glocks, 20 invisible), 1,860 guests, and 857 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,728
Posts18,400,787
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.