-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Nothing can top a "Stoma Bag". We found one in a dumpster one time, it was a real heavy duty bag and pink inside. We smashed the bag and even before the smell registered, we were bent over heaving like little girls...

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
GB1

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
In Texas the brown dimocraps leave them anywhere but in a garbage can. You can find them run over in most store parking lots.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
There are lots of stinks that I have not smelled. Dead sea turtles and whales being two of them.
Tell you what though there ain't nothing like a dead human after about a week in the hot.

Quando Omni Moritati
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
sounds like ya'll need to know the jopy of picking up the dead in aa turkey house in august aftre the 100 plus heat has killed about ten thousanf of the nasty things . Not bad in the mourning, yhey still hold thgether (mostly) still might lose a leg ;by noon they have decayed till you need a pichfork and by night a seed shovel cause they are mostly liquid inside ahh good times

there is no man more free than he who has nothing left to lose --unknown--
" If it bleeds we can kill it" Conan The Barbarian
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by crossfireoops
Looks to me that none of you fellas have ever saved a mama Cow that had a dead calf in her for several days,......

and had to pull it out, a piece at a time.

I bet Border Doc could get ya' right up to speed on that stunt.

Turtle ?

.....pshawwww

GTC

I've done that gig, when I was in high school I worked with the local vet for a few years. Saving those mama cows was a coin flip at best...when the vet would reach in and grab a leg and pull out with a hand full of hide, you knew it was going to be a rugged call.

"I call that bold talk for a one-eyed fat man." --Robert Duvall.
"Fill your hand, you son-of-a-bitch!" --John Wayne.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B2

shreck Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Notropis
Where and when was it when it was hit. We saw several turtles Sunday in the AIW behind Oak Isla
nd. We also saw lots of large boats going very fast.

Five miles south of the holdens beach bridge, aiww.

A government is the most dangerous threat to man�s rights: it holds a legal monopoly on the use of physical force against legally disarmed victims.
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by gunner500
Yessir, Vicks Salve and a damn good pair of gloves are yer bestests Buds in that case.

Gunner

BTDT, with neither. Trying to sleep with yer' nose far from your arms ain't easy, either.

The Mama Cow made it,.....and THAT was the point of the exercise, I guess. Had I known, I gotta' say I'd have just SHOT her, and been done with it.

Some day over a cold one, lemme tell ya' about the first time stickin' a bloated Cow Beast (Trocar Deal), ....getting directions over a radio, from the boss, while wearing my best duds, and on the way to a wedding.

GTC

shocked HOLYHELLFIRE on the Trocar punch Cross eek and ya got a deal on the Cold One, maybe with a coupla 8-Bores and a Sharps Rifle or two sittin' there coolin there pipes while the cold one's are becoming quickly extinguished. laugh

Gunner

Trump Won!
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by shrapnel
Nothing can top a "Stoma Bag". We found one in a dumpster one time, it was a real heavy duty bag and pink inside. We smashed the bag and even before the smell registered, we were bent over heaving like little girls...

Hey Shrap, is a Stoma bag some sort of waste from a Hospital?

Gunner

Trump Won!
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
I will admit that I have never dealt with the dead unborn calf thing...and I really don't want to.

Turtles though...I have come across a couple of those at sea before. Not sure how long they had been dead but the boat props definitely make sure they are well "aerated."

The worst I have ever dealt with was rotten chum. I usually chop up a bunch of menhaden and freeze them in one gallon plastic buckets with a fair amount of menhaden oil added to it--that really boosts the slick while you are waiting on the rest of the block to thaw.

One day I was taking this new chic out for a day of catching some reds, jacks, and sharks. I made sure to put a few extra blocks of chum in the boat so I wouldn't run out. Had a great day on the water and still only used one block of chum. Right when I got home it started pouring rain and I parked the boat but left it loaded. I figured I would get to it that eveining. Of course I fell asleep...then forgot when I woke from my nap...then forgot again when I went to work the next day...and the day after that...and the day after that.

Two weeks later I started to wonder what "that smell" was. When I decided to go fishing again, I went to go load the boat (that was still loaded from two weeks prior) and I found the source of the smell. In the heat of an Alabama August on the coast, four gallons of chopped baitfish will completely disentigrate in their rotting juices and begin to permeate through plastic containers. It even stained the gelcoat of the compartment they were sitting in. I was almost knocked out when I opened that hatch. Pulling each one of those containers was the worst smelly experience I have ever been through. I had to open the hatch, refrain from ralfing, grab a bucket, go pour, refrain ralfing, swallow a little bit of vomit, and dispose of the bucket...then go back and do it again.

I make sure to unload the boat no matter the weather now.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
sounds like you got four gallons of catfish bait ready to go !!

there is no man more free than he who has nothing left to lose --unknown--
" If it bleeds we can kill it" Conan The Barbarian
IC B3

JOG Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by manydogs
Looks to me that none of you fellas have ever saved a mama Cow that had a dead calf in her for several days,......

and had to pull it out, a piece at a time.

I bet Border Doc could get ya' right up to speed on that stunt.

Turtle ?

.....pshawwww

GTC

Been there and done that more times than I care to remember. A fetotomy was where we seperated the men from the boys.

The boys got laughed at a lot

Pshawww, I've eaten my lunch on top of worse. wink

One of the more memorable smells in my life was at a grainery. Apparently thousands of generations of maggots had been living off the rotten grain dust on the tin roof - a couple inches of live maggots feeding off several inches of dead maggots. A fire turned the whole shebang into a huge frying pan, fire water turned it into stew, and several days in the summer sun turned it into something that was too loose to shovel and too thick to pump.

We knocked off the roof vents and squeegeed the unholy mess through the holes to splash on the concrete floor 30-feet below.

Forgive me my nonsense, as I also forgive the nonsense of those that think they talk sense.
Robert Frost
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I saw the heading and thought this was a follow up of the Haggis discussion. crazy

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Throw the damn thing back in the water! Lol

You can shear a sheep many times.But you can only skin him once!
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Shot a bunch of turtles in a stock pond once at my FILs ranch in central Texas. Had a guy that made some cool looking jewelry and stuff from the shells, and was willing to pay me a good chunk of money for the shells. Went back the next morning to pick all the dead turtles that I had shot the evening before, that had now floated to the shore. The stink was unreal. Needless to say, I was not able to collect any shells. Wow that was nasty.
Nothing tops the smell of a body bag with a decomposing body in it. I used to be an x-ray tech at a big hospital in Lubbock Texas. It was also the largest forensics lab in the panhandle. We used to have go shoot full body x-rays of dead people that had been killed. Trying to find bullets, or whatever killed them. I open a body bag up one day, and a flood of maggets came over the side, and continued to flow out. I will never forget the popping sound they mad when you stepped on them and the stink was unreal, and it sticks to you and your clothes.

Toby Joe

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
You guys are bringing back some "fond" memories.

When I was a young lad I worked for a farmer that raised grain and also had feeder steers. One of my jobs was to drag the dead animals to the "bone yard", which was just a pit out in the middle of a field. I would drag that thing around the pit until it fell in and then had to go unhook the chain.

Another fun thing was going down in the pit of the elevator and scoop out the grain that leaked out of the leg. The pit had some water in it and when you broke that crust the nastiest smell you can imagine came out. Had to scoop it out with a coffee can because there wasn't enough room to move around down there. I only had to do it twice but I won't be forgetting it.

Don't believe everything you think.

You ain't learnin' nothin' when you're talking.
S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Ah, the joys of working Homicide on the gulf coast in the summertime. Remember it fondly, NOT!! Jim

J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
I have always been amazed how a single dead rodent in the
wall will stink up a house like there are 10 dead ones in there.

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

436 members (22kHornet, 10gaugeman, 1Longbow, 17CalFan, 1lesfox, 2500HD, 37 invisible), 1,948 guests, and 1,067 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,064
Posts18,463,401
Members73,923
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.