Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
bea175 Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
I received the Big Dot Sights and installed them on my M&P 40 Cal Shield. Rear Sight installed without any work and the Front Sight required some minor fitting. I didn't lock tight the rear until i shoot the pistol to make sure my carry load is centered windage wise . Can't shoot at the moment , because it is pouring down rain. Both front and rear original sights were Red Locktited in and had to transfer some heat to both to get them to move, they dam sure wouldn't have came out on there own. I believe the new Big Dot Nights will be great on a conceal carry gun like my Shield and will post how well i like them once i shoot the pistol.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
GB1

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Man, for an up close and personal social piece, that might be the ideal setup. I've never spent much time with the XS sights, but I'd be interested to see what kind of accuracy is possible at, say, 25 yards.

At the distances I am comfortable shooting a J frame .38, I'm sure I could be more than happy with the shield and a set of XS.

Looks good, man!

"The number one problem with America is, a whole lot of people need shot, and nobody is shooting them."
-Master Chief Hershel Davis

bea175 Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
out to around 10 yards they recommend to cover the target with the dot and pasted that distant they say put the target on top of the dot . I will find out when the weather clears

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
XL5 Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by CrimsonTide
...I'd be interested to see what kind of accuracy is possible at, say, 25 yards....

How 'bout knocking down a pepper popper at 25 yards, upside-down, bent over shooting between your legs, one handed?

Alle Fähigkeit ist vergeblich, wenn ein Engel in Ihrem Notenloch uriniert
-- old German proverb
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Hope ya like it bea, I really like the XS small dot on my 45, think that comes from me shooting doubles and peep sighted levers though. wink

Gunner

Remember Bro, just keep dotting that I, and keep her lit. laugh I'm no expert on a damn thing, but I couldnt imagine a better fighting pistol site.

Gunner

Trump Won!
IC B2

bea175 Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
I don't think Bullseye shooters would like this sight, but for conceal carry i don't see how you can beat it. When you present the pistol all you see is that big white dot on the target, you don't even have to look for it. If the bullet hit where the Dot is then i will like it.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by XL5
Originally Posted by CrimsonTide
...I'd be interested to see what kind of accuracy is possible at, say, 25 yards....

How 'bout knocking down a pepper popper at 25 yards, upside-down, bent over shooting between your legs, one handed?

Heck, I can do that. Then I wake up.

I had a Big dot XS tritium on a 360PD. Made a nice set up.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
That big dot front looks kinda "catchy" for CCW to me. Have been thinking the little one on my K-T P11 might work though.

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
You'll like the little dot T Lee, have tried repeatedly and cant make it snag on anything, that's holsters and blue jean pockets included.

Gunner

Trump Won!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I just may get one, then I ll have to mill a dovetail in the slide.

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

IC B3

bea175 Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
that would be easy if you have access to a mill

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I do.

Old cat turd!

bea175 Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Piece of cake for you then . Post photos when you get it done

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Gotta round up the $120.00 FIRST!

Old cat turd!

bea175 Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
charge it to Obama Care, just call it feeding your addiction

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I hear that! smile smile smile

Old cat turd!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Looks good Bea... I recently had a HiViz overmolded front sight put on my M&P Compact 9mm. I'm digging it pretty well, it is the same size (height & width) as the factory but that green dot jumps out really well to grab the eye. Here is a stock photo of the sight...

[Linked Image]

My gun...

[Linked Image]

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
bea175 Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
The HiVis Looks good. I shot the Big Dot today at Red one inch bull-eye 10 yards and you cover the bull eye with Dot and the bullet was right there in the red circle . I was ringing my 12 by 12 steel plate every shot at 25 yards. This sight is fast and will work great on a self defense handgun like my Shield. I like it. If you are a paper shooter and want small groups this sight isn't what you want, just covers up to much target. Human Target i just don't see how you can beat it.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

570 members (1_deuce, 10gaugeman, 007FJ, 160user, 2500HD, 260Remguy, 66 invisible), 2,336 guests, and 1,205 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,656
Posts18,455,584
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.