Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
rnr Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
So last week I ordered a 'Black Gold" rear sight for my Golden Mountie and when it showed up (two days after my order) it was obvious that it wasn't the correct sight for a 39A. So I gave Skinner a call and left a message. That evening I got a call from them and in fact, the people pulling parts from the warehouse had grabbed the wrong sight on mine and a few more orders.

They had a new sight in the mail the next day without knowing if I was returning the wrong one and even threw in a 'thanks for sending the other one back' gift.

That's what I call great customer service. I recommend Skinner sights to everyone here.

"How often have I said to you that when you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth?

Sherlock Holmes
GB1

E
E
Dearly love mine, looks like it belongs there.

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
What are Skinner Sights. I just bought a Marlin 57 M would they be a good addition?

You've got to hand it to a blind prostitute
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Great folks and made in Montana!

http://www.skinnersights.com/

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Thanks for that link Toolelk. Had never heard of Skinner sights, and they are just across the mountains from me.

IC B2

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Those that have them.

Was yours a tight fit. I just got mine a week or so ago and it was extremly tight and almost wouldn't go on.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Just installed A Skinner peep on my 94-22 mag.

GREAT sight and now my all-time favorite peep.

Virgil B.

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
I've heard a bunch of good things about them, and actually had a brief, but nice electronic conversation with Andy a year or so ago. Now that I'm ready to make a purchase, I've sent two different emails asking questions over the last two months, and zero reply. I don't know what's up, but they're not making it easy for me to spend my money with them.

S
S
Hello AZ. My apologies. You can contact us directly via the email link at www.skinnersights.com or email me at andyskinnersights.com. I answer emails several times a day and have no idea how yours was missed. Most questions can be found on our FAQ page. If you want to order, please do so directly from our website. I receive (and answer) about 50 emails a day and our FAQ page is designed to help make answers easily available. Phone calls are problematic since its difficult to hear and answer the phone while making sights. (Note: I signed into 24 hour Campfire to answer this thread after a friend texted to let me know you were trying to reach us) Hope that helps.

Andy

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Sure...I understand how difficult it is to keep up these days, but I sure appreciate you reaching out to me. I'll send you my specific question via PM. Hopefully soon I can post my Skinner sight success on the Campfire. Thank you.

IC B3

S
S
Thanks AZ.

I just checked in now to see if you had a chance to respond. Please.... Communicate with me via EMAIL. Not PM. I'll not be monitoring this forum since internet time is very limited. My Email address is: andyskinnersights.com If you do not receive a response, please check the address again. Email is working on this end as evidenced by the quantity received each day.

IF you are asking for something custom, please know that custom work is on hold at this time due to great demand for our stock items.

If your question pertains to front sight compatibility or if we make a sight for a (insert make and model here) rifle, if we are not listing it on our website, then it is not currently in production.

JUST A HUNTER: Rimfire receiver groove dimensions vary quite a bit, even in the same make and model of rifle. Consequently, our Rimfire sight (which is designed to be a close fit prior to clamping) is hand fit to our test rifles prior to final finishing. There may be larger dimensions out there however so please, if its too tight and you do not feel comfortable opening it up on your own, (with a small triangular file) please return it to us and I'll open it up for you.

Thanks Again,

ANDY

S
S
AZ,

Before logging out I did check the PM's and replied to yours there. Again, I will not be monitoring this forum so please use Email for future contact.

Thanks again,

ANDY

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Prompt service ... ordered a 0.040 aperture last night and it was shipped today!

George
Associate Gypsy
Order of Sleepless Knights

Originally Posted by GOD
... That is when I carried you ...
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
I let a couple peopel try my 22 with Skinner sight attached. From their comments I think there are 2 more fan in the works.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Have two of them, great sights, fast shipping.

"If dogs don't go to heaven, when I die I want to go wherever they went." -Will Rogers

"If you have a lot of self control you don't need a lot of government control" - Thomas Sowell
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I bought one from him in Kalispell for a friend of mine hat had a home-made sight on his Marlin 1894 in 44 mag. He couldn't get his sight off and I still have this one new that I don't need.

They are a wonderfully made sight and very simple. If anyone is interested let me know, I don't have a gun to put it on. It is the Skinner "Express" M94EX...

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
I just ordered one for a Browning SA 22. Excited to try it out.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
I bought one years ago from the original owner for my Guide Gun and it has been fantastic. A load cheaper too as I really think it was more a hobby for Doc than anything. He created a great product for sure.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
Because of this thread I learned about Skinner Sights and ordered a sight for my 336. Looking forward to receiving it.

W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
Just received my sight and installed it. Got here fast and I liked that there was no un needed packaging like on some products. Hoping it works with the front sight I have. It is a replacement one with the hi viz red rod and was on here to work with a Lyman adjustable peep so I think I will be ok. Should find out this weekend.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

577 members (12344mag, 1936M71, 16penny, 19rabbit52, 17CalFan, 10gaugemag, 46 invisible), 2,716 guests, and 1,154 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,514
Posts18,452,673
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.