Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
DITTOS!

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

GB1

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by 30Gibbs
Originally Posted by RobJordan
When I was a newly elected DA I attended a new DA's conference in Kalifornia. The guest speaker was a long-time DA from an urban county. He had gotten alot of press because he had been sued by some drug task force members in his county because he refused to file a criminal complaint in a botched drug raid in which a deputy and a homeowner were killed. I think the gravamen of the lawsuit was that he had publicly stated that the raid was a pre-text to seize private property and was not supported by probable cause (i.e., he criticized law enforcement in the press.)

Anyhow, the DA was vindicated in the lawsuit and became sort of symbol of a prosecutor willing to stand up to corrupt laws enforcement. I will never forget his words to us new DAs: "Your job, as the elected District Attorney of your county is to stand between the citizens of your county and the corrupt, illegal and improper practices of law enforcement, should they occur."

Truer words were never spoken.

Jordan

Rob

You talking about when they killed the rancher to get his land for the park in Ventura?

Yes. That's the one.

Communists: I still hate them even after they changed their name to "liberals".

My boss asked why I wasn't working. I told him I was being a democrat for Halloween.
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
being mostly irrelevant minor irritants than we are to look at them as targets of murderous vengeance

Calling LEO's targets of murderous vengeance. If you're going to mouth off with such bold statements at least own it. Don't go crying to your geek squad for back up and don't be a little bitch and dance around it when called on it calling others "tough guys." Own it, be able to back it or STFU. Plain and simple. You are the one making idle threats, man up. When I walk out the door in the morning I fear not especially from some little computer geek like you. Enough wasted on this thread!

Last edited by brinky72; 08/03/12.

Keep your powder dry and stay frosty my friends.
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Rob Jordan,

A cop makes a nanosecond decision to use deadly force. He incorrectly perceived the attendant facts and accidentally killed a person who did not in fact pose an imminent threat. He is sued and loses everything he owns.

A surgeon performs emergency surgery on a traffic accident victim. Time is of the essence, or the victim will die In effort to save the victim's life, the surgeon accidentally severs a nerve resulting in permanent physical impairment. The victim sues the surgeon and collects millions.

Private practice lawyers can be sued for negligence.

Judges and district attorneys have all the time in the world to deliberate and get it right. When they don't, when innocent people are convicted or when judges render horrible decisions that harm children, they are shielded by immunity. Immunity has become an escape clause for negligent and often criminal conduct. The shield of immunity must be removed. If judges can't get it right or are afraid to make decisions because they fear being sued, they are in positions many tiers above their abilities.

Deputy district attorneys and even elected district attorneys too often make decisions based upon criteria other than professionalism, Gil Garcetti and the moron who prosecuted Casey Anthony coming to mind. If the latter was unable to prove the child was murdered, what the hell was he doing prosecuting Anthony for murder? The DA should have kicked Anthony of jail and prayed she talked. For w/o her admission and/or confession and absent other inculpating evidence, prosecuting her has to be viewed as an attempt to garner fame.

Lance Ito was more concerned with making nightly TV shows than assuring a double murderer was held accountable for his crimes.

A San Bernardino County judge recklessly gave a child to his father over credible information that he was dangerous. Once in the father's custody he murdered the child and then killed himself. This was the judge's fault...unless you want me to believe that our system of "justice" is so flawed that it is willing to cause kids to be murdered. Thank God this moron was voted out. He should have been prosecuted for principal to murder.

I know the EXCUSE that judges and DA's use in defense of immunity. I don't buy it. Immunity is nothing more than a scam to protect the reckless from their bad acts. Judges and DA's must be stripped of immunity and forced to buy E&O insurance. That way they will become more circumspect in meting out "justice" and actively perform due diligence before rendering judgments or deciding to proceed against defendants.

The reasonable man standard must become controlling and prevailing. If a judge's or DDA's actions were to comport with the reasonable man standard, they would have nothing to fear. Immunity protects them from hasty and bad decisions that would otherwise assuredly be criminal; e.g., principals and accessories to felonies. In the case of the judge who caused the murder of the aforementioned child, he should have been held to answer for becoming a principal in the child's murder. But for the reckless and otherwise criminal actions of the judge, that child would be alive. And not a damned thing happened to the judge other than having to find a real job.

There is a reason why so many Americans have little faith in our "justice" system. Until judges and attorneys begin aggressively cleaning up the cesspool that they have allowed our "justice" system to become, predict further erosion of Americans' respect for our "justice" system.

I once had a criminal defense attorney tell me that he did not have to believe clients' defenses. He told me that what was controlling was that the defense selected was best available. I dropped the conversation without pursuing it. But the fact of the matter is that if the criminal defense attorney knows his clients are lying and he calls witnesses who support the defendants' lies, then he is suborning perjury, a felony. Hence, judges and lawyers are making a mockery of our "justice" system, which turns a blind eye to felonies committed by its practitioners.

When judges are arrested for aiding and abetting felonies such as murder and when DA's are arrested for what is in essence kidnapping by falsely prosecuting innocent defendants, that is when we'll see real "judicial" reform.

The "legal profession" needs a lot of work. There was a reason that Jesus didn't trust lawyers and Thomas Jefferson didn't trust judges. I trust Jesus and Jefferson's wisdom.

BTW, I was a cop for nigh on twenty years. In my foolish days of youth, I always had defended our "justice" system. As I grew wiser and have listened to judges and lawyers over dinners and drinks during which their true feelings were revealed, I have come to realize how foolish I was. I know of a judge who would preside while drunk. All DDA's and defense attorneys knew he was a drunk. During one particular session his bailiff had to remove him from his bench. I am not sure if he was booked for drunk in public. I know two other judges who suffer physical infirmities. Both are routinely under the influence of either narcotics or alcohol, one having been busted for DUI. They're both still presiding even though their problems are not secrets. While I do sympathize with them for their chronic pain, neither should be be sitting in judgment of others. But no one in the legal community has done a damned thing to have them removed from their benches.

Good night,

R

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by brinky72
being mostly irrelevant minor irritants than we are to look at them as targets of murderous vengeance

Calling LEO's targets of murderous vengeance.

You read it, sure enough, but you evidently _still_ haven't comprehended it. Was it really the LEOs I was referring to as targets of murderous vengeance?

(Hint for those in Rio Linda: no.)

I hope you'll decide to take another swing at it: you're really quite entertaining.

You'd be even more entertaining if I didn't have to imagine your comprehension skills applied to complicated real-world situations where people get arrested.

"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain--that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist." --Lysander Spooner, 1867
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Good post Raisuli. Judges and district attorneys are there to see to it that the State gets it's justice they are not there to provide justice to the people.

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

557 members (1beaver_shooter, 10ring1, 10gaugeman, 10Glocks, 1234, 60 invisible), 2,389 guests, and 1,170 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,320
Posts18,468,439
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.