-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I've pair of boots by Courteney that are in need of a rebuild. Rumor has it that there's a company that rebuilds them.

Anyone been there and done that?

Thx

Dober

"True respect starts with the way you treat others, and it is earned over a lifetime of demonstrating kindness, honor and dignity"....Tony Dungy
GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Dober I'll call the store that supplies them on this side tomorrow and find out if they know what and where. If anyone has bought shoes from the tiny store midway between Pretoria and Joburg in the past, the owner Gregg, died of a brain tumor a few months ago. The store is still open and doing business.

What exactly is wrong with your shoes and what do you need done?

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Need to be resoled mainly, and the leather heel patch piece is coming loose and needs attention.

Thx
Dober

"True respect starts with the way you treat others, and it is earned over a lifetime of demonstrating kindness, honor and dignity"....Tony Dungy
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Mark, there is a cobbler here in my town who resoles and repairs shoes. i believe that it would be nearly $120 to ship and have them repaired, maybe a little more. i can call and ask if you like.

30-06 till i die, the greatest round ever!

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy!

CEO of a Turdlike People: Turds & Tats Division... (per Ingwe grin )
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
And Courteney's are worth that if its a good cobbler...

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Spoke to the sole (no pun intended) importer of Courtney's to SA this afternoon, M Gordon shoes. He said that shoes within a 3-year period of sale is still under warranty and should be repaired at no cost. Here's the catch: Courtney's pretty much can only take those tire soles which Courtney in Bulawayo keeps to themselves.

To have the shoes shipped from Joburg to Bulawayo costs about R 110-00 (about $14). Then the repair costs are anything between R250 and R750 depending on what needs to be done. Adding those costs ($31 - $94 approx) it almost amounts to the same cost as a new pair of shoes. Had he told me that a couple months ago when I bought mine I may have had a serious look at something else, but it is what it is.

From what I understand is there is no direct importer of Courtney boots to the US. If this is not true then it comes direct from M Gordon & Co.

So Dober if you have a good cobbler he's got some work coming his way. Stitching should not fail within the first 3 years. Sorry I did not have better news.

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Dober: If you check the net for Courteney boots, there's an outfit in Ohio who brings them in. Don't know if they also repair them. Actually, I think there's 2 folks here US, who handle them. Will see if I can get you an address..

Ghost
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Just checked an Westly Richards Co, in Bozeman imports the courteney boots. Might contact them to see if they have someone who can repair them. IF another type sole than the tire tread thing, can be used, there's a shoe guy here who's been fixing and resoleling and etc. them for the last 60 years. I could ask him if he's ever worked on any..

Westley Richards Agency
3810 Valley Commons Drive
Suite 2
Bozeman
Montana 59718
Tel (1) 406 586 1946
e-mail: enquirieswestleyrichards.com

Ghost
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Thx guys, I appreciate all the thoughts.

I can find the cobbler here in the states, not sure if they can repeat the tire tread though...?

Thx for all your ideas.

Dober

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Mark R Dobrenski

I can find the cobbler here in the states, not sure if they can repeat the tire tread though...?
Dober

Dober,

Can't believe Hi-tec America has been defeated by third world recycled truck tires! wink

First, just how bad are the soles? Could they be repaired rather than replaced?

If repair is not an option, and they are really buggered, why not remove them and see exactly how they were built?

Or at least let a good cobbler do it..I am sure that once a good cobbler has a look at them, he would probably be able to fabricate some replacements from old tires sourced locally.

Another alternative would be to find out if Courtney Zim would sell you some replacement soles to have fixed on locally in the US?

Regards,

Peter

IC B3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

606 members (1beaver_shooter, 12344mag, 16penny, 1337Fungi, 10Glocks, 10gaugeman, 60 invisible), 3,336 guests, and 1,122 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,304
Posts18,468,097
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.