Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
A
AFTERUM Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
A
This happened Aug 4th. Sounds like he is lucky to be alive....hate to think what a .458 would do to your back/shoulder

http://www.american-hunter.com/accident-on-safari-by-tim-herald

GB1

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
WOW!

My dog is a member of the "Turd Like Clan"

Covert Trail Cameras are JUNK

3 Time Dinkathon Champion #DinkGOAT

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Bad year to be a PH in Africa! I'll be praying for a full recovery.

M
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
M
I know Tim Herald and have been in hunting camp with him. He's a good guy and has to be hurting emotionally over this.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
L
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
Damn.....

Prayers sent.

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Added to my prayer list for certain. I enjoy Tim's outings and most of his tv shows and he appears to be a genuine guy not that that really matters in a case like this. I know Tim will stay in touch and keep us all informed as to the fund raiser, Stu's recovery, etc.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Damn that sucks!

pal Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I'm sure he's a great guy but I wouldn't want to hunt with him.

"There's more to optics than meets the eye."--anon

"...most of us would be better off losing half a pound around the waist than half a pound on our rifle."--dhg

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Thank God it was a solid!! My best wishes to Stu and Tim. I hope both of their wounds heal quickly!

Mike

Know fat, know flavor. No fat, no flavor.

I tried going vegan, but then realized it was a big missed steak.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Prayers sent to the both of them.

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Prayers Sent.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
PHs Injured in Mozambique
The other is Stu Taylor of Kambako Safaris in Mozambique. Taylor was accidently shot by a client while hunting. Here is what we know at this time:

In Mozambique, John "Jumbo" Moore, managing director of Kambako Safaris, reports that PH Stu Taylor was accidentally shot from behind by a client while hunting on Saturday, August 4, 2012. Taylor was medevaced from Kambako's concession in the Niassa Reserve to the Milpark Clinic in Johannesburg, South Africa. He underwent surgery on Sunday, August 05, 2012. His status as of this morning was unknown. Moore declined to provide any more details on the accident until Taylor's prognosis is clear.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
The year of praying. Prayers sent.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Prayers on the way for everyone.

Member: Clan of the Turdlike People.

Courage is Fear that has said its Prayers

�If we ever forget that we are one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under.� Ronald Reagan.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Yeah this is a bad situation. I'm good friends with Tim and have known and hunted with him for years. Both of my African trips were with Tim. He is in a world of hurt right now.

Stu is doing well given the circumstances. Tim is of course fine physically but he is not doing well emotionally as anyone of us would be. I assure you he is one of the good guys in this sport and profession of hunting though. He is not a careless or unsafe hunter or shooter. There is something we can all learn and take from this and I know Tim would want everybody to learn from it.

As JB says, he is a good guy and humble and he is quite the sportsman not a flash in the pan guy that you see sometimes in this industry. He has a masters degree in wildlife biology as well. Not that any of that matters in this situation.

The fact that he came on the web right away and told his story should give you an indication of the kind of guy he is.

I am of course biased but please just be thinking about and praying for all those involved.

Lee

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I am a professional pilot by trade, the Idea that a pilot is arrested for doing an evac flight . What bull dung. Granted if the pilot was willing and able, then it rests with him and no body else. Yea I know but there was no lights on the runway, well there is wood and guys know how to build a fire! Its a no brainer, the only thing that wold stop me from going is not enough visibility and or fuel to get to the where the hospital is. Having flown in bush conditions for most of my career, nobody ever attempted to arrest me for doing my job as I saw it. And I got lots of night and no light run ways and even more no runway at all time.

Last edited by gmsemel; 08/11/12.

"Any idiot can face a crisis,it's the day-to-day living that wears you out."

Anton Chekhov

A
AFTERUM Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
A
I admire your courage and tenacity....and I would feel the same way if I were the pilot or victim. But I saw things while I was in Africa that made me shake my head and wonder about some folks intelligence and sanity.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Prayers for all. Good God I cant imagine the utter chaos in a situation like this. Very lucky

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
An update from Tim.

"quick update from JNB. I went to see Stu today, and he is doing very well, he is tough as nails. He promised he would be back in camp in October, if not hunting, he will be tending bar! Obviously good spirits, and we have already planned to continue our lion hunt August 1 next year. He will have a tough 2-3 weeks with his shoulder, but the prognosis is very good, and we expect a great recovery. Still praying for him and appreciate any of you who do the same.

Good Hunting,

Tim Herald"

Says alot that Stu still want to hunt with Tim.

Brian
P
Campfire Tracker
Online Happy
Campfire Tracker
P
From what I have read on AR it was the absolute definition of a freak accident and was not poor gun handling or carelessness. I do believe it was a confluence of events and could have truly happened to anyone. I really hate it for all involved. I don't know Tim personally but from what I have read about him and the way he has handled this situation I would nlt hesitate to hunt with him.

Guns don't kill people, it's mostly the bullets
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

628 members (222Sako, 12344mag, 1234, 160user, 204guy, 10ring1, 62 invisible), 2,300 guests, and 1,210 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,619
Posts18,455,018
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.