Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 13 of 20 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 19 20
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
I'm just flabbergasted by the observation skills and mind readers on this site. Half of you already have the cops convicted and crucified over shooting a violent armed criminal. Read where he had been arrested multiple times in the past and incarcerated, during which he was in multiple physical altercations with corrections officers and cops.
It's like being in the company of superheroes.

OK, so which of you is Spiderman?

Mark

NRA Life Member
Anytime anyone kicks cancers azz is a good day!

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Oh The Drama!
GB1

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
who cares..............

at least the the p.o.s. aint costing the county anymore money to take care of his A$$ in jail anymore on a revolving doing life on installment plans basis

those cops need some remedial firearms training

40 plus shots to put that P.O.S. down

holy [bleep]...........................

2 to the chest and one to head

should have done the trick..................

AMF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by m_stevenson
I'm just flabbergasted by the observation skills and mind readers on this site. Half of you already have the cops convicted and crucified over shooting a violent armed criminal. Read where he had been arrested multiple times in the past and incarcerated, during which he was in multiple physical altercations with corrections officers and cops.
It's like being in the company of superheroes.

OK, so which of you is Spiderman?

I don't think there would be any questions or this even being a topic if they took this guy out with a couple rounds.The LEO'S did their job.I think the 40 rounds they fired is what is in question. JMO smirk As far as them killing the guy one less idiot off the street.

Last edited by AllisonXTB; 08/22/12.

"Hey hold my beer while I shoot this buck"
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by djs
Appears that half of the 46 shots were fired after Hall was on the ground. I guess Michigan cops are trained to keep shooting until the suspect is definitely dead - and then fire a few more for good measure.

Given that the guy only had a knife and he was in an uncrowded parking lot surrounded by 6 cops, I should have thought that once he was on the ground, the shooting would have stopped and he could be handcuffed and first aid administered.

Wasn't an uncrowded parking lot. Hall was just to the right of an island that's at the entrance of the strip mall. There's a lot full of cars just off camera to the left.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
lol yes dinkie, my pay grade does reflect that grin i dident think it took so little to get a cops puzzie sore. even cops need heros, thats y i'm a lineman.
Originally Posted by DINK
Originally Posted by yukon375
Lol u have no clue what ur talking about. You cannot defend the video so u try to attack me. Btw im an e.h.v. hotstick lineman. So don' run ur yip to me about"danger". Fact is in the video the cops executed the homeless man. They need to be charged with murder.

LOL...yeah you know all about dealing with armed people. I mean you face danger everyday of not touching a wire that does not move and grounding yourself. Living on the edge there.

Sometimes you have to put on rubber gloves to protect yourself from the danger...lol. When you deal with danger sometimes you have to break out the bucket truck. How do you do it? Do you get hazard pay?

Another idiot trying make calls on situations that you have no idea about.

Dink

�A free people [claim] their rights as derived from the laws of nature, and not as the gift of their chief magistrate.�
IC B2

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
You might have missed it, so I'll ask again:

Do you actually see Tasers on any of those officers, do you know if they had them, or are you simply speculating?

George

�Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.�
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
I did not read every post.

I was told that I was piss ignorant on the last cop thread because I sided with an innocent homeowner.

The cops identified themselves and give this guy plenty of opportunity to comply. The kill was legit IMO.

There are risks that cops have to take, but disarming a non-complying guy with a knife is not one of them. If he had mental or other health issues then the outcome is sad but acceptable.

The number of rounds does not bother me at all. They wanted to make sure he was stopped; I believe their was a instance not too long ago somewhere with a guy that was like a zombie that would not go down. Not going down could have got some innocent cops cut up. Drugged up large people can keep going a while; better to be safe and sure. Lately cops have not been known for marksmanship; though some are great shots.

Last edited by WPAH; 08/22/12.
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
one of them should have had buckhammers in his 870 and they could have saved 45 rounds for the range. who hunts grizzlies with a 40 cal anyway?

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
are you speculating that they do not? maybe ur eyesight is better than mine.
Originally Posted by NH K9
You might have missed it, so I'll ask again:

Do you actually see Tasers on any of those officers, do you know if they had them, or are you simply speculating?

George

�A free people [claim] their rights as derived from the laws of nature, and not as the gift of their chief magistrate.�
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by djs
Appears that half of the 46 shots were fired after Hall was on the ground. I guess Michigan cops are trained to keep shooting until the suspect is definitely dead - and then fire a few more for good measure.

Given that the guy only had a knife and he was in an uncrowded parking lot surrounded by 6 cops, I should have thought that once he was on the ground, the shooting would have stopped and he could be handcuffed and first aid administered.

Us Michigan boys is TUFF ya gotta make sure were down and not gonna get up! grin

No need for first aid....He was dead!

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

IC B3

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
I'm not speculating one way or the other. You've made numerous comments on the "they should have tased him" theme. I figured you must have some knowledge in regards to if a Taser was present or not.

AJ might know and I hope he chimes in as I'm curious. Not that a Taser is the correct tool in a deadly force scenario......

George

�Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.�
V
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
V
It is a shame it ended that way but all he had to do was drop the weapon. Very simple concept. At least the taxpayers of Michigan won't be supporting him anymore. I wonder if everyone who is complaining has the same view for all the unborn babies that are murdered when their mothers decide to have an abortion?

"Never stand and take a charge...charge them too."

--- General Nathan Bedford Forrest, CSA
V
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
V
Originally Posted by NH K9
I'm not speculating one way or the other. You've made numerous comments on the "they should have tased him" theme. I figured you must have some knowledge in regards to if a Taser was present or not.

AJ might know and I hope he chimes in as I'm curious. Not that a Taser is the correct tool in a deadly force scenario......

George

There lies the problem...most people do not realize the Taser is not the correct tool in deadly force situations.

"Never stand and take a charge...charge them too."

--- General Nathan Bedford Forrest, CSA
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
George SPD does have Tasers, don't know if any or all who responded to the call were carrying them. If Hall was dressed the way I've seen him id have doubts that the barbs would penetrate his clothing.

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
There, that mystery is solved grin . The presence, or lack of, doesn't mean schit. I was just curious how TRH et al knew they were on scene as I didn't see 'em in the video.

Thanks.

George

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
In these days and times,I can't imagine any police force being trained to use non-lethal vs. lethal,especially when the perp is a few seconds away from potentially creating a hostage situation.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by VAhuntr
It is a shame it ended that way but all he had to do was drop the weapon.
He's been arrested before, and is mentally ill. He likely knew that as soon as he dropped the knife they were going to put him in the hospital no matter how cooperative he decided to be at that point. Mentally ill don't necessarily think rationally in terms of that sort of calculation. He was likely thinking that all that stood between him and a serious beat down was that knife in his hand. Being cut in half in a hail of gunfire likely didn't occur to him.

[Linked Image from images7.memedroid.com]
N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Speaking of speculation......

T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by VAhuntr

There lies the problem...most people do not realize the Taser is not the correct tool in deadly force situations.
I well remember the early days when police departments were trying to justify their need for Tasers. They'd use instances exactly like this (mentally disturbed person with a knife) to persuade the public that there was a niche for their use in police work.

[Linked Image from images7.memedroid.com]
O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
lol yes dinkie, my pay grade does reflect that grin i dident think it took so little to get a cops puzzie sore. even cops need heros, thats y i'm a lineman.
Originally Posted by DINK
Lol u have no clue what ur talking about. You cannot defend the video so u try to attack me. Btw im an e.h.v. hotstick lineman. So don' run ur yip to me about"danger". Fact is in the video the cops executed the homeless man. They need to be charged with murder.

LOL...yeah you know all about dealing with armed people. I mean you face danger everyday of not touching a wire that does not move and grounding yourself. Living on the edge there.

Sometimes you have to put on rubber gloves to protect yourself from the danger...lol. When you deal with danger sometimes you have to break out the bucket truck. How do you do it? Do you get hazard pay?

Another idiot trying make calls on situations that you have no idea about.

Dink

I think you are hero material. everyday when you go to work you have to look over a set of plans that someone else drew up, talk it over with 4-6 people before any decisions can be made then decide if you will use hooks, a ladder or a bucket truck to complete the job. Then if you decide its unsafe you do not have do it.

Then after work you get on your computer and judge people that have to do chit in real time. I know its hard playing that video over and over again judging people.

You go to work and have decide what shovel, leather gloves and rubber gloves will be needed to make it through the rough, danger filled eight hour day.

I think you are a hero. I am going to wal-mart right now to see if I can find any lineman toys for the children.

Dink

Page 13 of 20 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 19 20

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

531 members (10gaugemag, 1337Fungi, 1beaver_shooter, 1minute, 1Longbow, 10ring1, 52 invisible), 2,316 guests, and 1,165 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,326
Posts18,468,506
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.