Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by DEER_ASSASSIN
other than my first deer I have never pay attention to any thing inside of them when i gut

now i am going to have to look for this thing

while the bladder is still hanging on the deer you can clip the bottom of it with a pair of scissors and drain it into a small bottle. I have killed quite a few deer that have walked straight to my stand following a scent trail I've made using the piss from a perviously killed deer. Apparently the old man in the video has no use for it! laugh

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
only time I have ever thought a gut hook was handy was on a moose when opening up the seems on the spine and legs. On deer I only make 5 actual cuts with a knife to dress it in the field so I have never found the need for the hook. We bring them out whole as well and for 70 bucks we can have it cut wrapped and frozen around here , its well worth the money the guy does a great job.

I Kill Things......deal with it..
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by tndrbstr
Originally Posted by DEER_ASSASSIN
other than my first deer I have never pay attention to any thing inside of them when i gut

now i am going to have to look for this thing

while the bladder is still hanging on the deer you can clip the bottom of it with a pair of scissors and drain it into a small bottle. I have killed quite a few deer that have walked straight to my stand following a scent trail I've made using the piss from a perviously killed deer. Apparently the old man in the video has no use for it! laugh

i have done that once or twice

If you cant hang'em on the wall
Hang'em between your teeth!!!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
[]

Our coyotes must be picky. Maybe they're filling up on quail and rabbits. Anyways, more times than not(in most of the ones I've paid attention to), that liver lays there till it rots.quote]

Must not have too many black bears. My last "gut pile" was nothing but a red stain in the dirt with paw prints the next morning.

How do you others get the tenderloin out without gutting it?

Sean
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
tndrbstr, the entire Internet says I'm wrong so I probably am, never found a site at the top of the trust list like a veterinary school that gave me an answer though. But I can't imagine what I could have seen that would make me think gall bladder. Can't wait for November to figure it out.

The key elements in human thinking are not numbers but labels of fuzzy sets. -- L. Zadeh

Which explains a lot.
IC B2

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

595 members (007FJ, 16penny, 10gaugemag, 1lessdog, 10Glocks, 2500HD, 56 invisible), 2,205 guests, and 1,105 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,201
Posts18,466,042
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.