24hourcampfire.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I like the scene where the one dad is going to take his twenty year old son out and teach him how to trap. Kid pulls up to the gas pump with his sled and ends up pouring gas all over the place, including his clothes.

I'm not a big believer in scent elimination products, carbon suits, etc., but sprinkling gasoline all over the place seems like something I'd want to avoid if I were relying on furs to make a living.

BP-B2

D
djs Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Reality shows are cheap to make (i.e., popular with producers) and appeal to those swimming in the shallow end of the gene pool. Someone watches them.

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Originally Posted by AB2506
I'm not sure why you want to attribute these idiots to be Canadians? They're not in the Yukon. They live along the Yukon river in Alaska. They keep talking about Tanana, which is in Alalska. They're Americans, who apparently can't trap very well. A coil spring trap sitting on top of bare snow, set for a $100 marten? No bait, no cubby, etc.

The snowmobile issue was a joke too.

Good points, Yeah I'm not sure why they call the show "Yukon men"?

I was wondering the same thing when they showed the location of the show on the map.

Something clever here.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
I liked the part where they dropped a caribo in its track at about 150 yards with a .223. Just bang-flop. I'm using way to much gun on these desert mulies it turns out.

Deserve's got nuthin to do with it- Willam H Munny
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
"Yukon Men" is a test product to see just how bad television has to get before people will turn it off.

IC B2

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by mohave_mauler1
I liked the part where they dropped a caribo in its track at about 150 yards with a .223. Just bang-flop. I'm using way to much gun on these desert mulies it turns out.

Actually I have a Inuit cousin.His big Rifle is a 223.He uses it for Caribou and Walrus.Pretty much does the job.

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
We are saved, the Tuetels are coming back to fake argue...sometimes a motorcycle gets built amongst the contrived angst and drama...pure drivel.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by northern_dave

He also says the trees are hard to cut when they are frozen... Really?

crazy

(I guess my chainsaw doesn't know about this yet because it flat out hauls ass and the chain just loves that sub zero wood cutting)

After using that saw last weekend, I'd say it does flat out hall ass. That thing is the Ford F-250 of chain saws. laugh

Camp is where you make it.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by coyotewacker
I would like to know the fur buyer that is paying $100 for a beaver.

I would have made over $8000 last winter after paying for fuel.

So far this year I've paid about $175,000 for one. I'd glady pay $100 for one.

Camp is where you make it.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
dont expect much from tv, and you wont be disappointed.

[the member formerly known as fluffy}
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by tzone
Originally Posted by coyotewacker
I would like to know the fur buyer that is paying $100 for a beaver.

I would have made over $8000 last winter after paying for fuel.

So far this year I've paid about $175,000 for one. I'd glady pay $100 for one.

frown

know why divorces are so expensive?
cause their worth it.

[the member formerly known as fluffy}
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N Dave,
This show must be produced by someone from Los Anchorage. The part that gets me is that people are always "dangerously low on food, or about to run out of wood." All this happens in winter when it is 35 below and they stay outside at night without a tent. Either these people are the losers of their village and need the money provided by being followed around by cameras all the time, or the whole thing is made up by someone who has never been in the Bush. I agree with you completely.

By early September, the montra in the North is "now I need to get a moose and 8 cords of wood."

The only cure for life and death is to enjoy the interval.
George Santayana
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Ten cord of wood? Geez! That's 1,280 cubic feet of wood. Four x four x 80 feet. What are they heating? A three sided shed with a door left open? Hope they have some serious timber to cut, as one would be there forever if he was lopping lodgepole pine.

Last edited by 1minute; 09/05/12.

1Minute
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
I tried to watch that "Survival" show a few years ago. I thought it may have potential.

Then I found out that people could be voted off the island.

What kind of survival is that?

I thought they were gonna give a bunch of people a pocket knife and a can of Beanie Weenie,...dump 'em on an Island, and the last one who hollered for his mama won.

Instead,...people were "voting".

It would have been fun if the producers had stumbled upon some *real* nutcase survivalist and gave him a part.

As soon as the first vote was cast against him, he'd club the cameraman upside the head with a coconut lashed to a stick of bamboo then eaten the liver of the person who voted against him.

N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
Then I found out that people could be voted off the island.

They added corporate 'values' to it. Conventional programming suggests that no pruduction can be successful without people fuggin each other over.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by AB2506
I'm not sure why you want to attribute these idiots to be Canadians? They're not in the Yukon. They live along the Yukon river in Alaska. They keep talking about Tanana, which is in Alalska. They're Americans, who apparently can't trap very well. A coil spring trap sitting on top of bare snow, set for a $100 marten? No bait, no cubby, etc.

Well thanks for pointing that out. We gots own very own Alaska rednecks!!! Whoda thunk?

I watched about 5 minutes of the martin and beaver trapping stuff. I knew they weren't Yukoners, eh?

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
I was scratching my head at all the pan traps too, wondering where the bucket sets where? No conibears?

Something clever here.

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Originally Posted by Redneck
Most of these types of shows are worthless..

'American Guns' is another joke.. I watched the first half-hour of the first show and knew THAT was full of crap..

Thanks for the warning though.. smile

IMHO Most of these show stink, I kinda like 1 of the mix

American Guns, I have non hunting/rarely shoot friends who watch it all the time and were surprised I didn't smile

Yukon Men, Could not stand it!

Mountain Men, I just watched it last weekend for the first time and kinda liked it, well at least the Alaska, Montana guys but the Dude "eustace" I can not stand. Yet if you google the show he has the most hits, go figure!

Ted
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Right, isn't he the guy that has the kid sight his rifle in for him? Then blames the kid when he misses a shot with it?

crazy

Something clever here.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
eustace" I can not stand.

All you need to know about Eustace. A man with a sawmill will not be driving spikes in his own trees. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
166 members (257 mag, 2UP, 10Glocks, 300jimmy, 01Foreman400, 10gaugeman, 15 invisible), 1,468 guests, and 828 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,590
Posts18,397,904
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.