Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
No, Ketchikan is about 8,000. The borough is likely the number you listed.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
GB1

norm99 Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
your pics just appeared thanks .is that you in most of the pics ??

reading some of the trip offers ,must almost be the float plane capital of Alaska,,I've put my time in in Beavers ,single and twin Otters as well as 182 cessnas all on floats. I love small planes [had my licence years ago],fortunately someone else picked up the tab when we flew into Knight Inlet to work. Knight In is probably not to different from SE Alaska ,mountains comming right out of the water ,Orkas,in the inlet ,big salmon runs ,and there own weather patterns due to the high mts and glaciers at the head of the inlet .griss and blackies fairly abundent

norm

There is not enough darkness in all the world to put out the light of even one small candle----Robert Alden .
If it wern't entertaining, I wouldn't keep coming back.------the BigSky

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R

There is a Visitors Center next to the new Fire Station .... nice bit of history in there .. also a small museum at the Library. There is also some ancient totems (and other historical stuff) on display at the Totem Heritage Center which is over by the park, fish hatchery and Eagle center.

Eat a Halibut Burger at the Burger Queen (burger bitch just didn't sound right) which is on the north end of the tunnel.

If your into fishing there is plenty of that still going on.

The Sourdough Bar has lots of good historical pictures on the walls.

Some logging is picking up a little and mining out on Prince of Wales is happening. Commercial fishing is still big business.

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Yep, me. Ditto on Burger Queen (bitch).

Arctic bar is across the street. I think the tunnel in Ketch is the only one you can drive through, around and on top of.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
norm99 Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Steelhead
No, Ketchikan is about 8,000. The borough is likely the number you listed.

so the borough is like a county or municpality,as in the whole island or more?

There is not enough darkness in all the world to put out the light of even one small candle----Robert Alden .

IC B2

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
We have boroughs in AK (it's NOT AL wink ) They are similar to counties in a lot of ways, but are much much larger area.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
norm99 Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
sorry i guess AL is for alcaholic or is it alabammer grin

norm

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter

They're the KGB down there - damn russian spies I say!!!

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter

It has been raining like Septemeber. Having fun with my new downspout:

[Linked Image]

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger

More around Ketchikan, no bar hopping here. You might try Cedar's Lodge, they are right on the wharf, have rental boats, Clover pass is owned by the same family. Tell them you were sent there by me and get a great deal. Ask for Jeremy and tell him you will trade him some guns. You may want to call ahead of when you would be there and they could have things ready for you. 8 hours should be enough time to catch a fish...

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[img]http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/ee202/bridgershooters/120_2060-1.jpg[/img]

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
IC B3

norm99 Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
[quote=shrapnel]

More around Ketchikan, no bar hopping here. You might try Cedar's Lodge, they are right on the wharf, have rental boats, Clover pass is owned by the same family. Tell them you were sent there by me and get a great deal. Ask for Jeremy and tell him you will trade him some guns. You may want to call ahead of when you would be there and they could have things ready for you. 8 hours should be enough time to catch a fish...

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[img]http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/ee202/bridgershooters/120_2060-1.jpg[/img]

[/quo

that you in the pics shrapnel catching all the fish ??

how hard [expensive is a fishing lic for a canuck] and if i caught something you think the cruse Captain is going to put it in the freezer for me frown I would love to go fishing up there

norm

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R

Normally they do not allow fish on board.

You can take it to The Cedars and they will cut it, vacuum pack it, freeze and ship (FedEx) when ever you want it back home.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by norm99
[quote=shrapnel]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[/quo

that you in the pics shrapnel catching all the fish ??

how hard [expensive is a fishing lic for a canuck] and if i caught something you think the cruse Captain is going to put it in the freezer for me frown I would love to go fishing up there

norm

Yup, even an import from the lower 48 can catch fish there. You would want it filleted and frozen, they can do it at Cedars in a matter of minutes. They have a specially made flash freezer that will turn a fish solid in minutes.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
They don't do a bad job of smoking the fish for you at the Cedars either.
I didn't stay at the lodge but hired a charter through them & they took care of the fish for me.
I'd recommend them as well.

Also, we brought a couple boxes of fish home as lugguge via Alaska Air, it was cheaper than Fedex going to MT.

norm99 Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Jermy said who you talking about ,then said after a while Reed?

refeered me to Knutson Cove for short trips,have to run through the cruise line for it . We'll see.

norm

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
I haven't done a whole bunch of cruises, but enough to know you can generally save money by making your own arrangements rather than doing the excursions through the cruise lines. You just walk off the boat and catch up with whoever you need to.

Al

Spend your life wisely.
norm99 Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
thanks for everyones help.

norm

norm99 Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Loggah u there

no pics of me with fish from catchthemifyoucan,
other boat got 6 ,other one 3 other two Zip such if life in the north west ,

had a good time on the cruse ,would go again

norm

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Norm, i just got here got to start reading from the beginning!! grin sounds like you had a good time, Cheryl went on the inside passage four years ago and loved it, two years ago when we stopped and visited you and your wife on our Alaska trip we hardly could see the ocean it was so cloudy and rain 2 weeks on the Kenai and saw a view twice!!!!!!! crazy crazy grin . Don

Last edited by Loggah; 10/03/12.
norm99 Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
very little rain little wind most a Glacier Bay,boat hung around for almost an hour at the Margerite Glacier saw 2 small calvings and a mid size one.

road the White Pass up to the summit and back,you would love the narrow gauge and the work involved,

norm

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

467 members (1beaver_shooter, 1minute, 17CalFan, 1Longbow, 10ring1, 10gaugeman, 54 invisible), 2,486 guests, and 1,150 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,167
Posts18,465,319
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.