Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Kahuna Emeritus &
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter

Friends,

I've never even seen one of these in the flesh before. Now one followed me home. And I even got a "free" cap.

Oh my goodness, what a fabulous rifle.

God Bless,

Steve

http://noveskerifleworks.com/cgi-bin/imcart/display.cgi?item_id=r-trsc-556&cat=152&page=1

http://militarytimes.com/blogs/gear...specs-out-the-new-thunder-ranch-carbine/

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

"God Loves Each Of Us As If There Were Only One Of Us"
Saint Augustine of Hippo - AD 397

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Very nice. I've played with 'em before, but they're a tad out of my price range for an AR. But I'd love to have one. I maybe could afford the cap.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Perfect, just perfect. Congrats again! wink

ddj

Many men go fishing all their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after. - Henry David Thoreau

The best part of hunting and fishing was the thinking about going and the talking about it after you got back. - Robert Ruark
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Brother you got the fever! grin

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
Really Nice!!!!!!!!!!

IC B2

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
That's one mean lead-chuckin' machine!! You've GULPED the kool-aid Steve.....and that's a very good thing!

Biden's most truthful quote ever came during his first press conference, 03/25/21.
Drum roll please...... "I don't know, to be clear." and THAT is one promise he's kept!!!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Nice allright smile I keep threatening to buy one of their 18" uppers and make a hunter out of it.

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter

I've actually never seen a Noveske Thunder Ranch in the flesh before. They are rather rare here ... in fact, ANY Noveske is kinda rare, but the coveted Thunder Ranch is impossible to find.

Anyway, I was coming home from daily Mass this noon and thought I'd stop in at Northwest Armory. And there it was, just sitting in the show case and my favorite sales guy said, "Steve, she CAN BE YOURS."

And then, I just knew that the trigger would be some sort of 2-stage thingie or set at one-pound or something silly. As it is, the trigger breaks like the proverbial icicle. And it is nice and heavy, like a combat trigger should be.

Here are the specs of the Noveske Thunder Ranch.

14.5" Cold Hammer Forged 5.56mm Barrel
--Made of Mil Spec M249 Machine Gun barrel steel, with heavy M249 Chrome Lining,
(appx. 2 times as thick as an M4 or M16)
--Extended Feed Ramps
--Skinny contour 1 lb, 4 oz
--MP HP tested with certification
--1 in 7" twist
--Mil Spec Phosphate finish
--Mid length gas system
--1/2x28 threads
--Low-profile gas block pinned to barrel
--Forged Vltor MUR upper, no forward assist(Special Thunder Ranch Markings)
--NSR-11 free floated handguard w/1913 top rail
--Gun Fighter Combat Special Charging Handle
--Shot peened and MP tested bolt
--Auto carrier with properly staked carrier key
--Gas Buster Charging Handle
--Blackout Non-Mount Flash Suppressor, pinned for 16" OAL
--Noveske Gen II Lower
--Mil-Spec receiver extension
--Noveske QD End Plate, staked
--H Buffer
--Magpul CTR Stock
--Flip-up front and rear sights
--Magpul MOE Grip
--One 30 rd mag included
--Thunder Ranch Urban Rifle DVD
--Signed Certificate of Authenticity

Weight: 6lbs 1.9oz ---- Price: The Noveske 14.5" Special Edition Rifle is $2,155

All 5.56mm rifles and uppers are test fired with Black Hills Ammunition.

------------------------------------------------------------

A MESSAGE FROM CLINT SMITH:
I have shot the Stoner designed AR style platform for forty-four years in one form or another as a combat decorated infantry Marine as a Police Officer and as a civilian.

I have actually used this type rifle in combat. The new Noveske Rifleworks N4 Thunder Ranch AR rifle is the best example of this rifle I have ever owned over the last four plus decades. The design implemented by the NRW team is a combination of their knowledge of the tool and my knowledge and real world application of this tool. To some people this rifle might seem expensive, my response to that is yes and in the truest sense you get what you pay for.

I own and use Noveske AR style rifles as they are the platform I teach with and even more importantly they are the rifle I would defend Heidi, Boo and myself with. I have worked on this now realized concept of the rifle for years and John Noveske is the person who listened to what I had to say and more importantly he was willing to build the rifle the way it should be built for serious applications. This concept will be copied by others in part and parcel in the future, but it will not be built better by anyone anywhere.

Heidi and I are grateful and thrilled that John, Lorina, Sheri and the NRW team has stood with us to build this very best of the breed.

My only regret is that I did not have this rifle forty-four years ago in combat, but that regret is tempered by the fact that I can and will gladly use this Noveske rifle for the rest of my teaching and shooting career.

Clint Smith

Thunder Ranch

-------------------------------------------------------------

So, she is now mine.

Worth the money? I don't know, but it is surely worth it to me.

This evening, I've fondled my new Noveske several times and she is lovely, lovely, lovely.

Maybe tomorrow, I'll watch the video and mess with her some more.

And with out a doubt, a special trip to the rifle range is in order. This lovely lady needs to be shot.

God Bless,

Steve

N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
Yes, you got the bug and you got're good...

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Steve that is a very nice rifle, please let us know how it shoots regards accuracy! I have a Noveske Recce with VIS but its pretty heavy 9 pounds with the NF 1-4 on it. I like the weight on this one.

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Wow, you've really gotten into AR's.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Wonder why you'd dump the FA on a combat rifle? That one doesn't make sense to me.

Nice looking rifle though!

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
I would like a 14.5 inch LW barreled gun as well, why worry about a pistol when a carbine with a light and an aimpoint is at hand.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter

Believe it or not, they had a Rogue Hunter http://noveskerifleworks.com/cgi-bi...earch=&since=&status=&title= and a Skinny Moe http://noveskerifleworks.com/cgi-bi...earch=&since=&status=&title= IN STOCK and there were guys rabidly looking at them.

I handled all three and in my eyes, the Thunder Ranch was the ONLY choice. Yep, it's more money but it handles like a british shotgun and the BUIS are amazing. Add the Aimpoint and you've got Steve's perfect house cleaner messing around rifle.

God Bless,

Steve

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
So, does that mean you are going to sell the first one you picked up? If so, let me know.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
That is a very nice looking rifle. I heard that Nosler is doing some sort of sweepstakes giving away several of their new Varmigedon ARs made by Noveske.
In any case that is one nice looking rifle, very jealous grin

G
g5m Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Fine rifle there!!

Retired cat herder.

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Steve,

That is a very close approximation of what I am trying to put together. A 'tweener for both cleaning house and coyote sniping.

I have pretty much made up my mind to go with the VLTOR upper, but would love to hear your opinion of it before I squeeze the trigger.

John

If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

544 members (10gaugemag, 1337Fungi, 1beaver_shooter, 1minute, 1Longbow, 10ring1, 53 invisible), 2,336 guests, and 1,176 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,326
Posts18,468,495
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.