Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
VinceM Online Content OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I have been buying knives from Charlie for almost a decade now. Finally got to meet him. He delivered this "Tallahatchie" to me. I really like this model alot

[Linked Image]

GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Looks great, I'm waiting on the same knife with Elaphant Ivory to be finished.

All the best things in life, live on the other side off fear.

The true eye sees not the despair of its victims, only the elegance of equilibrium. It's a demonstration of superior judgment.
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
You guys should be very pleased with that knife! Story behind it is: Back in early 2011 I was looking for a knife that would complement a small knife that Charlie built for me that was in essence,a modified Bob White. I pitched him my specs and the Tallahatchie is the end result! Mine has a Scandi grind and is done in S30V with green micarta scales, same as every knife he has made for me.
I received mine in Feb this year and it has become my EDC. It is a very robust little knife that has preformed every task I have used it for. I can't wait to take it hunting as that what I really wanted it for. It was meant to ride in my upland game vest...has'nt made it there yet. With one of his neck pouches, it fits quite comfortably in the front pocket of my Wranglers!
If someone would post a picture I would e-mail it too them as I have'nt had much luck posting pics.
I would really like to meet the man as he does some pretty darn nice work. At least the six knives I have bought from him are darn impressive!
Now that I think about it, I need to order another one...

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Charlie does great work, I like his web site the pictures of the Noxubee and the SkipJack are pictures of the actual knives of his I own. grin

Last edited by SMACK; 06/18/12.

The true eye sees not the despair of its victims, only the elegance of equilibrium. It's a demonstration of superior judgment.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
He did a ivory Noxubee and MidSkinner for me in his standard leather pouches and then a Elephant hide pocket pouch that they both fit in to compliment my elephant ivory scales. I can also slip it right in the front pocket of whatever pant I am wearing. I'm looking forward to the Tallahatchie being finished.

Noxubee

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

MidSkinner

[Linked Image]

Last edited by SMACK; 06/18/12.

IC B2

VinceM Online Content OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by troutfly
You guys should be very pleased with that knife! Story behind it is: Back in early 2011 I was looking for a knife that would complement a small knife that Charlie built for me that was in essence,a modified Bob White. I pitched him my specs and the Tallahatchie is the end result! Mine has a Scandi grind and is done in S30V with green micarta scales, same as every knife he has made for me.
I received mine in Feb this year and it has become my EDC. It is a very robust little knife that has preformed every task I have used it for. I can't wait to take it hunting as that what I really wanted it for. It was meant to ride in my upland game vest...has'nt made it there yet. With one of his neck pouches, it fits quite comfortably in the front pocket of my Wranglers!
If someone would post a picture I would e-mail it too them as I have'nt had much luck posting pics.
I would really like to meet the man as he does some pretty darn nice work. At least the six knives I have bought from him are darn impressive!
Now that I think about it, I need to order another one...

send your pics to me, I'll post them
vmazzpaintoptonline.net
I'd love to see the knife in his Scandi grind

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
I'll get some pics out to you guys later today, likely this evening. Just checking in real quick for now. The Scandi sure looks cool on this knife.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Hey guys,
I just emailed a couple of pics to you. Incoming addy is from leverhunteratyahoo
Thanks for helping me out.
Jeff

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Here are Troutfly's pictures of the scandie ground Tallahatchie he described above by Charles May.

[Linked Image]

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Thanks for posting those for me. The scandi seems to change the profile of the blade ever so slightly. This is some thing I have noted on each of my knives. I do like that grind as it seems to hold an edge longer. The blades seems a bit beefier as well but to be fair I only have one non-scandi from Charlie as a comparison.
It is a very useful working blade for sure.

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I like it, a little more weight was the first thing I thought when I saw the pictures. I like a little more weight.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
It balances very nicely. I don't know it the S30V is a heavier weight steel than D2 or not. I just prefer it, I tried the Scandi grind out of curiousity and found it suited my tastes. I suspect you will enjoy your knife when it arrives.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
It balances very nicely. I don't know it the S30V is a heavier weight steel than D2 or not. I just prefer it, I tried the Scandi grind out of curiousity and found it suited my tastes. I suspect you will enjoy your knife when it arrives.

[Linked Image]

L
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
L
Charlie makes a great knife. I own two of 'em.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'm in line for another from Charlie - going with The Stump this time around.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A Holt next for me.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by SMACK

[Linked Image]

Now thats a right nice looking knife!

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

588 members (12344mag, 10gaugeman, 219 Wasp, 1234, 17CalFan, 22kHornet, 50 invisible), 3,342 guests, and 1,140 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,294
Posts18,467,986
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.