Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by smalljawbasser
The book cliffs and Henries continue to come up. Would those units be skme thing a NR could draw for black powder or rifle within the next 10 years?

My hunting buddy is not much of an archer.
With Utah's system there's a chance you can draw every year. That said, many folks have many more than 10pts for those units and haven't drawn...

BP-B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I had abig horn charge me in the Rocky Mountain national park, ever since they have been in my mind as the one animal I'd like to have on my wall. I would like to go up into the Canadian rookies for that one.

MM

Tell me the odds of putting grease on the same pancake? I Know they are there, well ice and house slippers. -Kawi
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I have to go with Salmonella and say a combo hunt in the NWT with my boy for moose, caribou, and sheep with a grizzly tag in our pockets as well. Duration of the hunt being as long as it takes... If I'm gonna dream I might as well dream big.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I wouldn't go to the US... I'd go to Northern BC, the Spatsizi country to be more specific.

Otherwise, I'm quite content with Montana.

“Perfection is Achieved Not When There Is Nothing More to Add, But When There Is Nothing Left to Take Away” Antoine de Saint-Exupery
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Moose/Griz/Caribou float hunt in the Brooks is what's got my attention right now.

IC B2

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Try Roan mountain TN

Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
Where would you go, if you could go anywhere?

Many of you know MY answer. Anticosti Island. Wait!!!!!!!!!! I've already been going there for years and there is no place I'd rather hunt. smile smile

NRA Endowment Life Member (and proud of it)

Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.

Wise men speak because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something. - Plato

Deuteronomy 22:5

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
About a 4 hour flight from where I sit after the Maral stag in the mountains of southeast Kazakstan. Something I really should have done while living here. Second would be back to northern BC on a combo grizz, elk and goat hunt.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Originally Posted by Brad
I wouldn't go to the US... I'd go to Northern BC, the Spatsizi country to be more specific.

Otherwise, I'm quite content with Montana.

I read the OP's query as being where in the western USA each person might like to go, if time, money and all that were not issues. I see, though, that some posters have included certain Canadian jurisdictions as areas that they would choose and, so, I decided to post my choice.

I am quite familiar with northern BC and "The Spatsizi" would not be my first choice, for various reasons. There are other areas of BC that I would choose, for several reasons.

My first choice in Canada, would be probably the Canadian Yukon Territory with one of the top outfitters there, as due to certain political reasons, a Canadian cannot hunt there without being "guided".

My next choice, would be the MacKenzie Mountains of the Canadian N.W.T. and hunting as above.

I have no interest in hunting in foreign countries, but, have close relatives in Australia and would perhaps enjoy hunting there, while visiting, as I may do in a couple of years.

My all-time favourite is still hunting the Kootenays, just returned a few days ago, hot as hades, and NOW the snow is falling.......!@@#%%^^!@@%!!!!!

May get into central BC nexr month for Mulies, but, wish we had been able to go one week earlier for this most recent trip.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
547 members (007FJ, 160user, 10gaugeman, 17CalFan, 1Longbow, 10ring1, 51 invisible), 2,330 guests, and 1,082 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,597
Posts18,398,204
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.