Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
S
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
S
alright these look awful funky looking but if it works like it is sopposed to then I want one.I have the three finger boddodle rest but its a mutha to keep the shrink wrap on the prongs.Is the buscuit quiet,does it rip fleches off? any help wuold be great thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GB1

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Swampfox, I was once interested in them too and asked around and it was pretty much split down the middle...some liked, some didnt. I've never used one so I don't have an opinion. The concept seems good for tree stand situations, knock an arrow and it's ready to go. <P>To keep your shrink wrap on the prongs roughen up the metal first with sand paper then put on the shrink wrap, should give it something to hold on to.

B
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
B
Sorry, I have been trying to post on this board for a while and for some reason it hasnt let me. Anyway, from what i have seen the rest doesnt work like it is supposed to. It drags on your vanes or feathers and your arrow can move around in the hole, which means that your arrow isnt always in the same position. It is also a little harder to tune than a lot of rests. Just what i have seen, take it for what its worth.

<A HREF="http://thesouthern" TARGET=_blank>http://thesouthern</A> outdoorsman.com
M
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
M
Hope this can help. I use a biscuit on my rig. It's a PSE Beast my first bow.I'm drawing at 70# and use alum.arrows and 100 gr.3 blade open on impact broadheads.Shooting through a chronograph showed a 5 fps loss compared to my conventional rest.After more than a 1000 arrows through it I have not had a single fletch tear off or come loose.Some carbon users do have tear offs but found that a drop of adhesive in front of the fletch stopped this.I havn't noticed any noise when I draw or any arrow movement in the biscuit. I killed a bull moose at 50 yards last year which was also my first bow kill,an hour later i killed a whitetail at less than 10 yards.both these animals were taken from the ground asI can't sit still in a tree stand. I can keep an arrow nocked without fear of it falling off when walking in the bush.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
MF, (couldn't resist)<P>A bull moose and a whitetail within an hour? Now THATs what I call a double. I bet you had a fun evening after that.<P>Good shooting, Talus

IC B2

M
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
M
Getting the game out wasn't too tough as we had 3 Polaris atv's. With half a moose on 2 quads and the deer and gear on the other it made for a rather pleasant day.The hardest part was skinning by lantern light and frozen fingers.This was only the 2nd day of a 10 day hunt,we took 5 more deer and another moose during the week.My nephew almost added an elk but lost his cool when the bull walked out and stood broadside at less than 20yards,said he was shaking so hard he couldn't draw his bow.It's an experiance he won't soon forget.

B
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
B
I put the W.B. on my Oneida last year. I have switched to carbon arrows, and have had a tough time getting my setup tuned with a prong rest. The Whisker Biscuit almost immediately solved my tuning problems, the worst of which was fletching contact with the old rest. It is great for tree stands and for sneaking up on game with a nocked arrow, as the arrow cannot fall off the rest. Any velocity loss, especially with a fast bow such as my Oneida, is negligible.

I'd rather be a free man in my grave, than living as a puppet or a slave....

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

631 members (06hunter59, 10gaugemag, 007FJ, 1936M71, 10Glocks, 16penny, 60 invisible), 2,372 guests, and 1,164 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,254
Posts18,467,002
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.