Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Butler Creek.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by NathanL
I use pieces of inner tubes.

Now, if those came from Leupold, they'd be perfect!

"Live like you'll die tomorrow, but manage your grass like you'll live forever."
-S. M. Stirling
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Originally Posted by slymule
Butler Creek, non see thru models, works great, cheap, and you can find them anywhere

I tried them three times. The front cover was gone by the end of the day on all three occasions. Might work OK in the prairies but can't handle brush at all. It bikini or nothing for me. Haven't tried the alumina ones as not all my scopes are Leuplods.

NRA Benefactor Member

Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The older Butler Creeks are a lot better than the new ones, but I still have had good luck with the new ones as well.

It's second nature for me to flip my both pieces up as I shoulder a rifle and having them on has helped me on more than one occasion during rain/snow.

Another kudos on the Leupold ones, wish more manufactures would do something similar.

Life is just one damned thing after another
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Saran wrap might work good. whistle

The Mayans had it right. If you�re going to predict the future, it�s best to aim far beyond your life expectancy, lest you wind up red-faced in a bunker overstocked with Spam and ammo.

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Inner tube loops if you can find an inner tube.
Scope Coats or Bikinis next....

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
A piece of toilet paper or paper towel in the scope lense when I sit down.

Camp is where you make it.
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
On the toilet?

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Another recommendation for Butler Creek. I've used them on a dozen scopes for lots of years and only had one to break. Dust is a real problem in West Texas and you need to keep it off of your lenses.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
Edmund Burke 1795

"Give me liberty or give me death"
Patrick Henry 1775
O
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
O
Originally Posted by APDDSN0864
I'm fond of the Leupold ones for my Leupold scopes. Otherwise, it's Butler Creek for me.

Ed

+1

While not cheap the Leupold flip ups are top notch!

Ted
IC B3

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by dennisinaz
Originally Posted by slymule
Butler Creek, non see thru models, works great, cheap, and you can find them anywhere

I tried them three times. The front cover was gone by the end of the day on all three occasions. Might work OK in the prairies but can't handle brush at all. It bikini or nothing for me. Haven't tried the alumina ones as not all my scopes are Leuplods.

"Experience" like that,routinely cracks me the [bleep] up. Appreciate the chuckle.

If only for conversation and a dose of Reality,less any sugar coating.

RINK

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Butler Creek non-see thru model. Throw a wrap of electrical tape around each one and go. I've only broken two of them in 20 years of using them and I've lost one prior to taping them. I have had a couple of instances of fogged lenses, but it has been rare. Can't go wrong with them IMHO. They are quick to open/close, leave them open if it's nice out, close them and pop open prior to a shot if it's snowing/raining, can't forget them or lose them, if they do break you're only out a few bucks.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I tried the plastic ones, didn't like them all that much. I want a pair of the Leupold's but am too cheap to pop for them.

I use the bikini covers on all of my rifles and think they are quicker to remove than the flip caps. I have lost a few of them though, when they go zinging off into the brush while your watching what your about to shoot.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
The see through models are fine. The see through is not for normal shooting but if you have a close shot in good daylight they will get you by if the game might hear you open them.

I have lots of Butler Creeks but am slowly changing to Scope Coats or similar. The BC's are not durable and are noisy on the objective end. Even if you open them slowly there is still the pop. I would like the objective end to have a sturdier hinge. To tighten up the fit when they are too loose, use rubber tape so there is no residue. (Self Fusing Silicon tape)

Originally Posted By: slumlord

people that text all day get on my nerves

just knowing that people are out there with that ability,....just makes me wanna punch myself in the balls
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I used Butler Creeks for years and liked them well enough but always seemed to have issues with the pins sliding out of the cover. Broke a few over the years too so I was offered a new neoprene scope cover to try.

I used it last year quite a bit and actually like it much better than the BC caps. Pops off easily and slides right back on when your done shooting.

http://www.scopeshieldalaska.com/

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I am amazed that the Pentagon doesn't come here more often to take advantage of all this wisdom. al qaeda would be defeated in a matter of hours with the combined knowledge displayed here on the "Campfire".

I just want flip up scope covers to protect the lenses from snow/rain/debris. I can't imagine planning on looking through the scope covers for shooting and then to think an inner tube or bikini cover is faster or better to get a rifle into shooting position doesn't make sense.

It sounds like Butler Creek may be the way to go, I am only looking at doing it on my most foul weather gun,

Thanks for the help. I guess Travis is right again...

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Depends on the weather where I'm sitting.

Camp is where you make it.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Shrapnel, having used both I assure you that a bikini cover comes off just as fast as flipping the lever on two scope caps. They protect the lens from weather quite well too.

If scope caps are what you have to have then put them on Leupold scopes as theys are the best ones I have seen.

Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by stantdm
Shrapnel, having used both I assure you that a bikini cover comes off just as fast as flipping the lever on two scope caps. They protect the lens from weather quite well too.

If scope caps are what you have to have then put them on Leupold scopes as theys are the best ones I have seen.

I have a bikini cover, but figured they were something I would get lost in the excitement of shooting. I am not as seasoned as most on the Campfire, and I could lose the bikini...

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Not if it's attached to the rifle like the Scope Shield of Alaska covers do.

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

581 members (11point, 160user, 10gaugemag, 219DW, 06hunter59, 12344mag, 57 invisible), 2,979 guests, and 1,239 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,352
Posts18,468,867
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.