-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Got a bunch of Butler Creek covers...but my favorite is the Leupold screw in covers...by a mile.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by old_willys
Originally Posted by APDDSN0864
I'm fond of the Leupold ones for my Leupold scopes. Otherwise, it's Butler Creek for me.

Ed

+1

While not cheap the Leupold flip ups are top notch!

they're great, but at $130 a pair pretty dear.

Proudly representing oil companies, defense contractors, and firearms manufacturers since 1980. Because merchants of death need lawyers, too.
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
I use Butler Creeks. But I have had some break while navigating thickets. Never tried the slip covers. The intertube idea might be worth a shot too.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Will they fit a Swarovski Z-6 3-18X50 scope???

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
RINK

One moron begats another.

I do like those BC scope covers though. They never fail me on the couch.

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Poor reading comprehension...

Last edited by ranger1; 10/31/12.
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Originally Posted by shrapnel
Originally Posted by stantdm
Shrapnel, having used both I assure you that a bikini cover comes off just as fast as flipping the lever on two scope caps. They protect the lens from weather quite well too.

If scope caps are what you have to have then put them on Leupold scopes as theys are the best ones I have seen.

I have a bikini cover, but figured they were something I would get lost in the excitement of shooting. I am not as seasoned as most on the Campfire, and I could lose the bikini...

In fair weather, just take 'em off when you uncase the gun. In foul weather, just stuff the darn things in your pocket when you're ready to shoot. Seriously... it's not that difficult, and removing them can be just as fast, if not faster, than manipulating the flip ups.

If you're fixin' to put a hole in something,
make it a hole to remember.
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by shrapnel

I have finally decided to get some scope covers, but I don't want to get junkers, what is best???

Uncle Mike's QD Scope Covers, formerly known as Storm Queen scope covers, formerly known as Storm King scope covers. Alas, they don't make 'em anymore.

But I got a source.......

And I don't care how much Stick's boy tosses that scope around the back yard, those Push Button Yuppie Flippie Uppie scope covers do fail to open on occasion--more than once I've spent time at camp trying to get a client's BC covers to operate reliably.

Maybe it's the airline handlers or sumthin'.......

Casey

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
It's a fricken hinge! It's either broken or it works... Not much to it. Christ, this isn't rocket science.

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
For what it's worth, I like the see through Weaver Polar Caps with the polarized lenses...

Phil

IC B3

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
No way in the world can you get a bikini cover off as fast as flipping up the butler creek covers, it's a part of raising the rifle by the time it's on my shoulder they are open, the bikini covers you have to pull it forward from the front of the scope and pull back from the eyepiece, you don't have to move your hands from a shooting position with the butler creek covers

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I've put butler creek non see-thru flip ups on everything for years.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Another secret is you can take them on and off...grin

I have covers on all 6 of my rifles. Shrapnel probably has lost more rifles than I own.....

I was walking around opening weeked and got into deer so I just took them off for the rest of the day. Decent weather so why not.

Worst is having them on a truck gun and jumping a yote and first look is black lense covers.

DOH!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I've run BC flips on all my scopes-never a prob. Occasionally, when riding over my shoulder against my pack the front might flip open but it aint the cover's fault. And, yeah, +1 to the poster who said they (BC) are way faster than a bikini when operated correctly. The only thing I want a bikini on is my woman--and even then I prefer it off!

The Leupy screw in Aluminas ARE really nice but too expensive. I got some in a great deal on my fixed 3x from a member here.

Chris

It ain't what you don't know that makes you an idiot...it's what you know for certain, that just ain't so...

Most people don't want to believe the truth~they want the truth to be what they believe.

Stupidity has no average...
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by APDDSN0864
I'm fond of the Leupold ones for my Leupold scopes. Otherwise, it's Butler Creek for me.

Ed

+1 the Leupys are very nice. I've about 3-4 pairs of them. I have a lot more BCs though.....

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by alpinecrick

Uncle Mike's QD Scope Covers, formerly known as Storm Queen scope covers, formerly known as Storm King scope covers. Alas, they don't make 'em anymore.

But I got a source.......

Casey

Probably my favorite as well, but the Leupold's are great where appropriate.

Democracy is not freedom. Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to eat for lunch. Freedom comes from the recognition of certain rights which may not be taken, not even by a 99% vote.
*Marvin Simkin* L.A. Times (1992)
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
I'm just glad shrapnel gave me kudos. I'm gonna print off that post and frame it.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by SamOlson

Worst is having them on a truck gun and jumping a yote and first look is black lense covers.
DOH!

Rookies take their kids to the range.

Professionals have them practice window roll down, and Butler Creek opening drills in the driveway.

Travis

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by deflave
I'm just glad shrapnel gave me kudos.

Sounds painful. Is it contagious?

Last edited by levrluvr; 11/01/12.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by levrluvr
Originally Posted by deflave
I'm just glad shrapnel gave me kudos.

Sounds painful. Is it contagious?

Nothing penicillin can't cure.

Travis

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

196 members (257robertsimp, 338reddog, 10gaugemag, 1_deuce, 280shooter, 204guy, 30 invisible), 1,886 guests, and 1,139 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,492
Posts18,452,162
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.