Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
People should have a legal right to smoke dope and get friggen high.

Buncha big gov't humpers 'round here. Friggin libs.

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Ken Howell
Sad news, stoners. Scientists in Israel have cross-bred a new type of medical marijuana that essentially removes the dopey, high-inducing properties from it � basically, it's pot that won't get you stoned. Researchers with Tikun Olam have meticulously cross-bred their medical pot to eliminate most of the psychoactive THC (tetrahydrocannabinol) properties from it; instead, the cannabis has a high concentration of cannabidiol (CBD), a potent anti-inflammatory. The result is a substance that's great for woozy-free pain relief, terrible for stoners trying to get high.
Hey, that's fantastic news.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Wonder if folks feel the same was about Moonshine, gooberment says thats bad for you too.

A lap dance is sooooo much better when the stripper is crying
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Now I�m certainly no expert, so I�m looking for someone who knows their MJ to chime in there. But isn�t the THC in MJ pretty much THE element that is sought for most medicinal uses? Is that what gives the pain relief, relieves pressure for glaucoma sufferers, and creates appetite in cancer patients

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Nope.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by KevinGibson
Now I�m certainly no expert, so I�m looking for someone who knows their MJ to chime in there. But isn�t the THC in MJ pretty much THE element that is sought for most medicinal uses? Is that what gives the pain relief, relieves pressure for glaucoma sufferers, and creates appetite in cancer patients

not even close.....Marinol(synthetic THC) has been a huge flop because other than a couple issues THC shows very lil medicinal value....there are 65 cannanabiniods in pot, THC is just one....THC is the main componet that gets you "stoned" but it doesnt do chit for pain, it doesnt do chit for nausea produced by chemo, infact for most people, even stoners THC taken alone is very unpleasent...

if you stop paying attention to the bullchit being passed out by those against pot and go read for yourself the info being put out there by plant breeders and dispensaries that are truly out there for the medicinal aspect you will find that for the most part no one gives a rip about THC and for the most part breeders have been trying to do just what was done in Israel, breed a strain with no or nearly no THC but also is high in CBD which not all hemp is.....cause there has been a strong link between CBD and positive medicinal benefits....and on the plus side CBD is not psychoactive in the least...

Last edited by rattler; 11/06/12.

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by Soulfly
Wonder if folks feel the same was about Moonshine, gooberment says thats bad for you too.
if my memory is right, its not the fact these days that shine is bad for you, its that its avoiding the taxes thats bad for the .gov....

Of course where in this all do you draw the line? Thats the biggest issue. If MJ is ok then is cocaine, crack, meth etc...?

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by rost495

Of course where in this all do you draw the line? Thats the biggest issue. If MJ is ok then is cocaine, crack, meth etc...?

if you want to get technical about it as far as medicine is concerned cocaine and meth are OK.....if you have ever had eye or ear nose or throat surgery you have probably been given cocaine by a doctor....amphetamines also have medical uses and are prescribed all the time....

Last edited by rattler; 11/06/12.

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by Ghostinthemachine
People should have a legal right to smoke dope and get friggen high.

Buncha big gov't humpers 'round here. Friggin libs.

Got an old traveling hand Bud that smokes the chit outta it, relieves some kinda pressure/pain behind his eyes he says.

No drug can help according to him, only grass.

Gunner

Trump Won!
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
This is potentially a great step forward.

It might enable people like me to get the medicinal benefits - without worrying about any cognitive impairment. Pilots and surgeons (to name a few) might be able to get the medicinal benefits - without worrying about testing positive on drug tests - and the possible loss of their livelihood that can result from that.

As it stands now - if I am having one of those bad days - where I wake up sore, I have to fight through the back pain all day long. That is because I won't "medicate" prior to going to school to teach.

I try and put up with the pain - until I arrive home. If the pain get's too bad - I have to phone for a substitute teacher, leave work, and then go home and get some relief

It would be great to be able to deal with pain - when it occurred - and not worry about waiting till I get home to get the relief.

The Israeli strain might mean I could medicate whenever I needed to. That is - if it is as effective relieving pain as the strains I presently use.

As far as I'm concerned - every university with a medical research department should be doing more cannabis research.

For what it's worth, the university I graduated from (the University of British Columbia) has a medical department that has developed and already patented a strain of medical marijuana specifically developed at the university, for pain relief.

Unfortunately - it still has some THC in it.

The research into this plant's potential to help a myriad of medical conditions - is only beginning.

Brian

Vernon BC Canada

"Nothing in life - can compare to seeing smiles on your children's faces."
IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Bristoe
Gotta say,...I can't understand why so many people are so preoccupied with determining what plants can be smoked and which ones can't be.

Best I can determine,...nobody cares what plants people smoke,..as long as it's not one that makes 'em feel good.

Smoke some rose petals,..that's fine.

Smoke some Alfalfa,...no problem.

Some a plant that makes ya want to listen to music while eating ice cream,..people'll call the law.

TFF.... yep.

I think it's great if they can develop a buzz-free pot that still functions as medicine.

But, I also think it's absurd that our Nanny State sees fit to impose it's sanctions on folks over this relatively benign substance. And I just chuckle at any definition of "freedom-loving" that includes such nonsense.

So I chuckle a lot at the chest-thumping self appointed moralists of the world (and the Fire).

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Very true Jeff, very true.

Brian

Vernon BC Canada

"Nothing in life - can compare to seeing smiles on your children's faces."
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
It's not like it's complicated, eh? crazy

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Why don't scientists do something that needs doing like making cigarettes so they don't stink?

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

575 members (02bfishn, 1lessdog, 160user, 10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 1337Fungi, 64 invisible), 2,507 guests, and 1,181 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,344
Posts18,468,746
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.