Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Calhoun Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
I just don't care any more. To say this has been the worst week of my life is a huge frickin' understatement.

Wasn't even going to go hunting, but the wife informed I was going to go.

So on top of everything else that happened this week, I get up to my land to find my tower blind has been pushed over. That's not the worst of the week by far, but it's pushed me over the edge.

And I didn't even bring the Forty Creek with me.

[bleep] it, EG is staying in the truck so it doesn't blow up on me or something, my dad's Marlin 336 will go out in the crappy weather and freeze with me standing outside trying to stay warm (blind is too heavy for just me to lift by myself). Forecast is windy with possible rain during the day, followed by freezing rain after dark and up to 3" of snow blown around by 35mph wind.

Rant over... Hope you all are having a great time out there.

The Savage 99 Pocket Reference”.
All models and variations of 1895’s, 1899’s and 99’s covered.
Also dates, checkering, engraving.. Find at www.savagelevers.com
BP-B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Bummer. But try to find a bright spot. At least you're hunting. Flip your collar up and settle in; maybe the big one will come by.

Rod

Hunting FOR Savages, Hunting WITH Savages
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Rory, I'm sorry things aren't going very well right now, but hang in there.
Good Luck
Lee

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Hey Calhoun.... Sorry about your bad week! I know how your feeling right now! I've had a couple bad years where it seems one bad thing is followed by something worse. It's hard to handle sometimes, but I've learned to (somewhat)weather the storm! Use your hunting as a release, get out there and forget about the bad and melt into the area your hunting.It works!!! I leave on Sunday to my deer camp in the UP of MI. for 8 days and I CAN"T wait to clear my mind and hit the reset button. This is my first year hunting with my new 99 and for what it's worth .... take your EG out! You'll be glad you did!!!! Good Luck and Enjoy your hunt!!!

"Deer Camp... how can you not like this place?!?"
Is it November 15th yet???
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Calhoun
I just don't care any more. To say this has been the worst week of my life is a huge frickin' understatement.

So on top of everything else that happened this week, I get up to my land to find my tower blind has been pushed over. That's not the worst of the week by far, but it's pushed me over the edge.

[bleep] it, EG is staying in the truck so it doesn't blow up on me or something, my dad's Marlin 336 will go out in the crappy weather and freeze with me standing outside trying to stay warm (blind is too heavy for just me to lift by myself). Forecast is windy with possible rain during the day, followed by freezing rain after dark and up to 3" of snow blown around by 35mph wind.

not nice ,i presume that you cant drive up to your site .how tall is your blind ,and is there anything close enough to pull it over with a comealong.

sorry for your troubles GO GET SOME MEAT

NORM

There is not enough darkness in all the world to put out the light of even one small candle----Robert Alden .
If it wern't entertaining, I wouldn't keep coming back.------the BigSky

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Rory
Remember or tell yourself, It's Not that Bad, You have your health, and Family. That's what really matters in life,,all the rest can be fixed or done.

I have not even begun to get things ready for hunting and opens in a week, and my oldest is coming home from Flaggstaff to go hunting with me,,last year all i went was for the day before opener and had to turn around to come home for my youngest tried to commit suicide.
And it been a real challeng for the whole year, and not over yet.

So keep the faith.
Steve

�Can we move this along?" a bored voice stated. "I have places to be and people to shag."

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Hang in there Rory. Remember it can only get better from here on out.

"You can lead a man to logic, but you cannot make him think." Joe Harz
"Always certain, often right." Keith McCafferty
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Beats being in Brooklyn I expect.

"Americans have the right and advantage of being armed-unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms." James Madison
Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter

Ya know. It HAS been a bad week. But to say "just let the world end now" is a pretty permanent solution to a temporary problem. I don't know all the details about what has happened to you, but we for the most part, ALL share in the devastating results of Tuesday. You CAN'T be that far from a sporting goods store. Go buy a pop up blind and salvage your trip. Things ain't ALL that bad................ARE they? Good luck with your trip. You CAN manage.

You could live in New York or New Jersey. Those folks took in on the chin a SECOND time BEFORE recovery from the first.

NRA Endowment Life Member (and proud of it)

Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.

Wise men speak because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something. - Plato

Deuteronomy 22:5

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Whenever my life sucks I try and think of the people that are worse off than I am.

Doesn't make me feel much better, but does give me some perspective.

"You cannot invade mainland America. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass"
~Admiral Yamamoto~

When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty. ~Thomas Jefferson~
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Rory,

I will trade you all of my rifles, handguns, and my Rokon, plus my Chevy Avalanche and the rights to hunt on all of my good spots here locally for your Kidneys and a few of your good back verterbrae with in tact functioning disks.....

Sorry you had a bad week, I get like that sometimes, too.

MARK

LOVE God, LOVE your family, LOVE your country, LIKE guns and sports.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500
M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
Rory,

Stop and take a deep breath buddy. Much wisdom from men who have endured some of life's toughest trials speaks here. Whats better than that is none of it has to do with a savage. Everything happens for a reason, even though we dont fully understand why. Deuteronomy 31:8 proves your never alone.

We all need to crawl before we walk, so that we can appreciate the Mossbergs of life.
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Someone once told me "cheer up, things could be worse". They were right. I cheered up and things got worse.

Rich or poor, it pays to have money.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Rory, do you mean pushed over as in somebody intentionally did it? If so, that is the pits and gets you wondering about your neighbors. I think that is what you are saying and I would definitely get some game cameras put up around the area. I know alot of work to put it up again and knowing it may be pushed over again. Bad deal anyway you look at it. The bright side is you weren't in it when it came down. Tom

Last edited by TomA; 11/10/12.
S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Yup! get a pop up better than nothing, my life has sucked since last may, I have had to sell 30 of my guns , not many left, leg still giveing trouble, no Job! but I have been hunting, cant hunt like before but better than sitting home! Tus, did suck! lots of other stuff going on here, but by GOD Im leaveing in the moring for deer camp for a week, Than the world can end!

Deer Camp! about as good as it gets!
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I don't know you, but having survived the deaths of close family members (parents) over the last couple years, believe me if the sun is out and we are still all on the right side of the dasies everything is good. Enjoy life for what it is and I hope things do get better for you.

Last edited by S99VG; 11/10/12.

"The universal aptitude for ineptitude makes any human accomplishment an incredible miracle." John Stapp - "Stapp's Law"
"Klaatu barada nikto"

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I'm sure everyone on this board can relate hunting trips that went bad, and family disasters, so buck up and press on. Chip

READ THE BIBLE-IT WILL SCARE THE HELL OUT OF YOU!
NO 99"s ARE JUNK, FDP
NRA Endowment Life Member
US Air Force Retired,Phantom Phixer
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Rory,

It sounds like you've been getting battered for awhile. Bad deal with the blind. You have a bunch of guys here that care about you and would be there for you given the chance. Is there anything any one of us could do to help?
God Bless You.
Roy

LOL
Calhoun Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Sorry for the rant, just boiled over and lost it for a bit.

Youngest son, age 15, was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes on Monday, and other annoying crap has kept happening all week. He was diagnosed pretty early, and it could be 100 things worse, but it's still a hell of a bigger kick in the gut than I expected. If it was something he was going to recover from eventually, I'd be coping better. But it's for life..

As an update on the blind, it's obvious in the daylight that a storm must have blown it over, not the neighbors from hell. Been up for four years with no problems from any of the myriad 60mph+ storms that have gone thru, but one medium storm in October got it. Sigh.. found my popup blind in the back of the truck, though. So the universe is just messing with me again. Seen 1 forkhorn and 2 small does so far. Waiting for that forkhorn to attack..

All of you guys take care, and sorry for dragging down the mood. Somebody start a new thread about cmhjohn's engraved guns, I added a bunch of pictures from the fest to www.savagefest.net/SavageFest_2012 in a second album. Sweet guns there.

The Savage 99 Pocket Reference”.
All models and variations of 1895’s, 1899’s and 99’s covered.
Also dates, checkering, engraving.. Find at www.savagelevers.com
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T

if you have your health and your family is okay, the rest is irreleant, I know it seems like a big deal, but stop and think about our service people that wake up every morning and look down at no legs ect.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Rick99, RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
716 members (10gaugemag, 204guy, 007FJ, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 17CalFan, 78 invisible), 2,942 guests, and 1,301 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,767
Posts18,401,495
Members73,823
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.