-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 17 1 2 3 4 5 6 16 17
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Hard to tell if your son is using a Bubba Buddy...but I see hes got a squirrel stringer grin

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
GB1

M
maddog Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
M
Them stringers are SWEET!!! grin BTW, I LOVE my bubba buddy! whistle

maddog

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Im gonna start feeding the local fox squirrels...
and later...they can reciprocate... whistle

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Man you all suck......Pennsylvania's squirrel season does'nt open until the 12th of October. I just moved to a new location in PA and I am literally surrounded by squirrels and I have to wait 6 more weeks mad....why do all the other squirrel producing states open late summer and we are we so far behind.....I am very, very jealous!

Oh well will spend the new six weeks stock piling ammo for squirrel armegedon!!! grin

Great photos by the way - even if I am GREEN with envy!

PennDog

M
maddog Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
M
Went to a new property this am. Neat country, close to the river. It has both gray and fox squirrels. This was mostly a recon hunt, to figure the place out. Managed to free hand a gray. Not bad for this ole geezer. grin

[Linked Image]

maddog

IC B2

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
CA squirrel season opened last saturday Sept 8. Took my 11yr old son out and managed to bag five for the day (3 for me and 2 for him). We saw 7 total but two did not offer us the chance to shoot them.

1st squirrel of the year...No head shots for me, always neck or shoulder.

[Linked Image]

Total for the day..

[Linked Image]

Ruger 10/22 magnum shooting 40gr CCI gamepoints

[Linked Image]

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
jmsdad - You must be hunting away from the Bay Area. If the liberals catch you shooting a cute little squirrel around here and its political reeducation camp for sure!!!

Kevin Haile
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
No worries...I live in the east bay area but hunt 3hrs away in the Stanislaus National Forest.

M
maddog Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
M
Took yesterday morning off to go hunting. It was 50 degrees, still and sunny.....perfect. Decided to take my old Marlin 39a. The ole girl was setting in the gun case pouting. grin

First thing, got an old gray that had given me the slip a couple times earlier this season. Then finished up with a fox squirrel.

[Linked Image]

For those of you who have never seen one, the woods was full of puff ball mushrooms. Not the greatest pic, but I layed the squirrels next to one for comparison.

[Linked Image]

Another great day in the woods.

maddog

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Man are you making me jealous wink....do you eat those puffballs? I have eaten a few in PA - they are pretty good.

Kepp the pics coming - I can't wait until October!!!

PennDog

IC B3

M
maddog Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
M
i could eat them, but haven't. Most of them have started turning brown. You need the pure white ones. When I tried to move this one, it punctured. I really didn't have a way to haul it to the truck.

maddog

K
K
That is good luck!! I guess I need to get out and knock on some more doors, but about every woodlot around here has Louis Vuitton Bags or two in them...

M
maddog Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
M
Go away SPAMMER!! mad

maddog

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Afraid no pics but hunted for about three hours each on two days in the WV panhandle from our camp. Weather was stunning this week with mid 70's temps and nights in the 50's. Killed three grays and one male fox squirrel. First fox squirrel I've killed in many years.

Camp chores and maintenance took the rest of the time (OK, I did slip away to the Savage to do a little trout fishing so it wasn't all work! grin ) The acorn crop is flat out amazing and they are huge. I can't recall the last time I saw one this heavy. I washed the truck when I got home and there are a dozen dimples in the hood from the damn things falling on it! frown

If I was deer hunting there this fall there will be plenty for them to eat in the woods.

If something on the internet makes you angry the odds are you're being manipulated
M
maddog Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
M
Good going Pugs!

maddog

M
maddog Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
M
I had a pretty wild weekend squirrel hunting. went Sat. morning to the new place I picked up. Saw grays, pineys, and fox squirrels. The grays wouldn't hold still, for a shot. Tried to free hand a couple of different fox squirrels, and......missed em both cry Got home, and guess what was sitting in the grass, next to the carport.......

[Linked Image]

Little bastid just sat there and let me take his picture.... grin

Went out this morning, and it was perfect. 50 degrees, no wind, and not a cloud in the sky. Ended up taking four, with four shots.

[Linked Image]

If I hadn't got in a big hurry to shoot a 5th one[Indiana daily limit], I'd of had five, first time this year...but I missed. frown grin

One thing that helped a bunch, was a shooting/walking stick. I cut a small straight sapling, and screwed a hanger in the top. It worked great!

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

maddog

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
you suck..

M
maddog Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
M
ingwe, you really need to get out more. Yer begining to sound like a broken record.......laugh

maddog

M
maddog Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
M
My son came up and we took Wed. to squirrel hunt. I let him run up and down the ravines, while this ole man set up in the flats. Long story short, he got his limit[5] and this ole geezer got nada.....missed one ona half azzed shot... frown But I was really happy for him. We've hunted squirrels off and on for 20 yrs. First time Dan ever got his limit. With his grandpa's Marlin 39a, circa 1955. smile

[Linked Image]

We spent a few minutes cleaning squirrels. His a pic with Dan using his fiskar pruning shears.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Those shears really take the work out of cleaning squills... grin

maddog

M
maddog Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
M
Well, after 10 days of back/leg issues, I finally got back to hunting this am. Turkeys all over the woods[first time ever]. Saw several squirrels...half were on the ground. Managed to pick off two.

[Linked Image]

maddog

Page 4 of 17 1 2 3 4 5 6 16 17

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

636 members (01Foreman400, 10ring1, 160user, 10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 06hunter59, 73 invisible), 3,017 guests, and 1,195 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,259
Posts18,467,093
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.