Page 1 of 2 1 2
S
Seafire Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Well Gentlemen...

It appropriately being Veterans Day, our contest judges have finally narrowed it down to Two Winners of the All Expense Take Care of Trip for a professional guided hunt in Africa..

This is all courtesy of Forum Member Pieter Kriel who will take care of all details once the winners get to Africa..
( transportation to Africa and home is the responsibility of the winners.. and ANY FORUM MEMBERS WHO WANT TO HELP OUT WITH THAT, PLEASE CONTACT ME OR PIETER...)

The judges for this were myself and 3 other forum members... three great guys who should be known by most 24 hour campfire members...

This was no easy decision, because we definitely had a even dozen HIGH Qualified and DESERVING contestants..Sadly we could not chose all 12 due to constraints...

This has been a painstaking long and slow decision, on each of the judges review of the brief essays written by each contestant of WHY THEY WOULD LIKE TO GO TO AFRICA....

We have selected TWO Winners and Two Alternates if circumstances change for either of our two winners...

without further Adue... our Contest Winners ARE:

1. Cody,

2. Rob, aka BUFAF

I will be contact the two alternates by PM...

I want to take the time to thank Rick and 24 hour campfire for allowing us to do this... Pieter Kriel for his fantastic donation of this opportunity for our Two Veterans...

and especially my fellow contest judges for all of their time, energy and support in all of this...you guys are the best...

to Cody and Rob: Congrats Guys! You're going to AFRICA

Addendum: Cody and Rob.. Please contact Pieter at:

http://www.huntinginafrica.co.za
hunthuntinginafrica.co.za

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

BP-B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A big thank you to Seafire and the other judges for their time and effort.

Looking forward to meeting up with Cody and Rob.

F
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
F
Congrats and have a GREAT HUNT GUYS!!!

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
That is FANTASTIC!

Pieter and John, you are two wonderful, generous, gentlemen!

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Outstanding! Got to keep this at the top!

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
IC B2

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Absolutely First Class!

ddj

Many men go fishing all their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after. - Henry David Thoreau

The best part of hunting and fishing was the thinking about going and the talking about it after you got back. - Robert Ruark
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Pieter's generosity is overwhelming...all I can say...

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Awesome! Congrats guys and thanks for your service.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
smile

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Thanks Pieter. I know these guys will have a time of their life.

The foundation for old age is good memories.
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Wow! A toast to Pieter and Seafire. Soon two more unsuspecting souls will get bitten by the safari bug and come to love Africa as do most of us.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
B
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
B
Wow guys, I really don't know what to say! I never thought that I would actually make it to Africa! I have so much planning to do! I get to have ankle surgery again on January 16th, and will be on crutches for about 8 weeks according to my doc. This gives me a reason to take my physical therapy really seriously this time! If I don't I won't be able to make this trip! Time to get into a shape other than round.

I'm going to be asking a LOT of questions! I'm definitely going to need a new rifle, because I'm pretty sure that none of the 20-some other rifles that I have are suitable for a trip to Africa smile

All I can say at this point is WOW and Thank You!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Congratulations fellas! And great job Pieter and Seafire for making this happen! I look forward the hunt report! smile

Eric

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Congratulations to the soldiers that will be hunting the dark continent! It goes without saying all of us will expect a trip report and lots of pictures in order to ride along vicariously.

Seafire, I salute you and the judges efforts to organize and make final determinations on this contest. I'm positive it wasn't an easy task... especially the judging.

Pieter, you're a class act. A truly wonderful gesture of generosity and camaraderie.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by bufaf
Wow guys, I really don't know what to say! I never thought that I would actually make it to Africa! I have so much planning to do!

I'm going to be asking a LOT of questions! I'm definitely going to need a new rifle, because I'm pretty sure that none of the 20-some other rifles that I have are suitable for a trip to Africa smile

All I can say at this point is WOW and Thank You!

Thanks the spirit! Now you can join in the 9.3 vs. .375 H & H debates, all the while knowing that a .300 Mag will suit you well for PG.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Originally Posted by ingwe
Pieter's generosity is overwhelming...all I can say...

Agree, 100%. This is simply outstanding!

Congrats to all, should be a great hunt for everyone involved!

Guy

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Darn...if I had known it was an actual contest instead of a random drawing I would have put a little more effort into what I wrote.

Oh well.

Good on the winners and Pieter. Good luck on the hunt.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Great job fellas! Hat tip to Peter and Seafire, good luck to the hunters! We'll be looking for pictures and stories!

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Simply Awesome. Thanks for supporting our veterans!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Congrats to the winners, looking forward to hearing your trip reports when you get back!! Thanks to Seafire and Pieter for making this happen too!!

Ince I didn't receive a pm can you tell us who the alternates are?

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
684 members (12308300, 10gaugemag, 007FJ, 160user, 10Glocks, 06hunter59, 69 invisible), 2,792 guests, and 1,288 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,632
Posts18,398,846
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.