Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1,024 of 1,842 1 2 1022 1023 1024 1025 1026 1841 1842
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by northern_dave

Then you got this. Natures little moments... I like it.

[Linked Image]

All the pictures are great but this last one is really something. Pam is very very good with the camera now and obviously has gift to grab pics when the time is right.

Camp is where you make it.
BP-B2

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by mikeymjr23

LABATT BLUE! That is the way to go!!!

Used to be my alltime fav...I still grab a half-rack every now and again. Good stuff.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by goalie

Holy Crap!!! You guys drink hockey beer!!!!!

smile

Take off eh? Who do you think brought it? smile But I should play hockey now...I take up the whole net. grin

Last edited by tzone; 11/14/12.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by SKane
[Linked Image]

Tzone's rifle blends in quite well. whistle grin

How did you know it was mine? grin

My M70 OTOH blended in quite well. I darn near grabbed Nate's 06 a few times, which prolly woudln't have fired the 7x57 round with much accuracy.

It's nearly a twin. Scopes, action length, same type sling...very close.

Last edited by tzone; 11/14/12.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I like the pimp'n silver scope on the one rifle second from the right in the rack.

In my own little slice of deer-camp heaven, a buddy of mine moved to Arizona. He was storing a bunch of stuff at his parents up here. After hunting, he came over for our annual sausage making session, and, upon completion, said I could have everything for a hundred bucks.

3/4hp Cabelas grinder. 6 pound stuffer. Food tubs, Metal trays for freezing meat before grinding. Pretty much everything you need to process a lot of meat efficiently.

My wife ran off to get the checkbook ASAP when I popped open a Cabelas catalog to the page with the grinders......

smile

IC B2

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Jeeze heckova deal there Goalie.

Why do you freeze the meat before you grind it?

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
I like the pimp'n silver scope on the one rifle second from the right in the rack.

grin

VXII 3-9 40mm on a stainless M77 MKII .264WM, gray lam stock, black montana sling. Free float/accra gel bed action, improved factory trigger, mild action slickifications.
Handloaded 130 gr barnes TSX 64 gr of 7828.

It doesn't shoot deer often.
But when it does, it overpenetrates.

grin

You did very well on the meat processing equipment.

Something clever here.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
How long is the farthest shot you guys have taken at deer up there? When I hunted up there, an 80 yd shot would have been a really crazy-long shot due to conditions. Do you have a lot of open habitat?

Save an elk, shoot a cow.
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
If I go "all in" and venture out to the "longest drag" formerly named the "oh schit" stand... I could get a 300 yd shot.

This would be a terribly punishing thing to do to myself. But I'm close to doing it, I'm very close.

Something clever here.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
The longest shot I've made on a deer in MN or WI is 90'ish yards. That was on the buck I got a few Monday's back. Most have been 15-40 yards.

IC B3

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
That's a long ways. Never made a shot over 100 yds in the Midwest anywhere. I guess I find myself in the thick stuff all the time. In Wyoming I once shot an antelope at 260. That was a pretty far piece for me.

Save an elk, shoot a cow.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Great pics ! That lil marlin looks lonely though whistle

Phil

�The public cannot be too curious concerning the characters of public men.� �Samuel Adams

"All men having power ought to be distrusted to a certain degree." --James Madison
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Observations from central Minnesota (a few hours south of Chickenbuck), the bucks were not moving like in year's past. The doe I shot was lactating, but had no fawn with her.

It is sooo good to hear that you guys had enough to eat, I was really worried about that! grin

Ryan, great buck and good job turning those guys in. that is what more people should do.

Griz, I am pulling for you this weekend, shoot a big'un, have fun, and of course be safe.

Headed to SD pheasant hunting this weekend with the daughter. She is 8, so might not last all day, but that is fine. We will go at her pace and will have no problem finding birds I am sure.

Tzone, I hope you can drill a deer with the little guy. It is pretty fun watching their excitement. Lauren was even really interested in the field dressing process. Pretty proud that she will grow up being able to take part in that type of stuff without being freaked out.

Still darn proud of fluffy to shoot that woof. And for the official record, I think you are selling yourself a little short saying it was luck. You shot a wolf from the ground. That is impressive. Sure luck may have played a role, but many people would have goofed it up!

Muffy, NICE buck! Whatcha gonna do with the antlers? I hope you are preserving them in some way. Every time you look at them, you will get a warm feeling all over (and hopefully not because you just wet yourself!).

Interesting note: My average sized doe resulted in 36 pounds of deboned, de-fatted meat. Dad's doe fawn resulted in 15 pounds. Really, 15 pounds. Yes, many a jackrabbit joke has flown in his direction!

What you do today is important, you are trading a day in the rest of your life for it.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
We are in the transition zone between the North woods and farm country so we have the potential for long shots....but....BUT...we are barely in the shotgun zone. My longest shot to date is 120 yards. Most are in right around 50.
Now elk hunting is a different story. Big country out there.

What you do today is important, you are trading a day in the rest of your life for it.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by tzone
Jeeze heckova deal there Goalie.

Why do you freeze the meat before you grind it?

You cube it up grinder-size, then put it on a metal food tray and throw it in the freezer for a half-hour at least. It goes through the grinder much better that way. No clogging or sticking, and it is much cleaner on the worm-drive. Enough so that you notice it when you are done and tear-down the grinder to clean it.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

grin

VXII 3-9 40mm on a stainless M77 MKII .264WM, gray lam stock, black montana sling. Free float/accra gel bed action, improved factory trigger, mild action slickifications.
Handloaded 130 gr barnes TSX 64 gr of 7828.

It doesn't shoot deer often.
But when it does, it overpenetrates.

grin

You did very well on the meat processing equipment.

A pimped-out, silver-scoped .264WM?!?!?!?!

I don't know whether to cheer or cry.....

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Oh I've got another silver scope kickin around here somewhere too... lets see...

Ahh yes, a silver Burris FFII on a thumbhole stocked .17HMR

grin

Something clever here.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Holy Crap!!! You guys drink hockey beer!!!!!

smile

Grew up about an hour or so SW of Buffalo...Labatt Blue was and definitely IS the beer of choice!

I'd rather have a bad day hunting than a good day working!
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G

[Linked Image]

All the pictures are great but this last one is really something. Pam is very very good with the camera now and obviously has gift to grab pics when the time is right.

Reminds me of the road we take to camp. I've seen this look many times over the past 40 years. Never gets old.

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except for bears. Bears kill you.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Grizzly_Bill

[Linked Image]

Reminds me of the road we take to camp. I've seen this look many times over the past 40 years. Never gets old.

Looks like a Christmas Card don't it? Really cool!

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

Page 1,024 of 1,842 1 2 1022 1023 1024 1025 1026 1841 1842

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
384 members (1lesfox, 160user, 257 mag, 1lessdog, 12344mag, 01Foreman400, 40 invisible), 2,048 guests, and 898 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,594
Posts18,398,004
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.