Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#7066215 11/11/12
docdb Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
I had my doubts at first, but having only daughters has worked out pretty good.
[Linked Image]

If only the squirrels would cooperate!

Last edited by docdb; 11/11/12.
BP-B2

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
You are in the same position I am in with my Lass...I assume you tease the living Christ out of your girls too?

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Doc that's awesome! My little gal likes the woods and just went on her first backpack camp out. I hope she takes a liking to hunting as she gets a little older.

That rifle(?)...is that a Browning? I have an OLD Remington Speedmaster from the 1930's that has a Browning stamp also. It loads through the stock. It belonged to a granddad I never knew. My dad gave it to me and it was a tack driver back when my eyes were young.

Gloria In Excelsis Deo!

Originally Posted by Calvin
As far as gear goes.. The poorer (or cheaper) you are, the tougher you need to be.

gpopecustomknives.com

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
My little girl is now 25 years old and loves to shoot firearms and deer hunt with me, it's always a great time!

B
B
a happy daughter wants to hunt with her dad, and actually gets to... great deal!

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Been blessed that mine likes to hunt as well. We are planning on her first elk hunt next year and already planning which rig she wants to shoot and practice with next year. She had some success already and seems to enjoy being in the woods with me. Great time to talk to each other.

Didn't have tree rats to chase here, but both kids got started on bunnies. Those were great times.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I got 4 of them,two have become baby machines,two do the "mud runs" and anything outdoor and they all shoot!

Come on America,
Athletes and actors are not heroes, only soldiers, airmen,marines and sailors get that respect�and let's add firemen and LEO's

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Good for you Doc...the squirrels are toast. Mine have been a blessing to me...

No elk this year but we had fun getting there...

[img:left][Linked Image][/img]

Defend the Constitution
docdb Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by JSTUART
You are in the same position I am in with my Lass...I assume you tease the living Christ out of your girls too?

Absolutely!!!

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I've got three myself. I used to figure that I didn't really have any idea how to raise girls not being female and all. I guess you figure it out. They all shoot. We get outdoors a lot, but I'm letting them come to me on the hunting thing. The oldest is eleven, so there is time yet -- if she wants. Here is our latest backpacking trip together.

IC B3

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
docdb.....I've got 3 of my own.....looks like you're doing a fine job.

evanhill......great video there.....thanks.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
docdb;
Thanks for sharing the great photo with us sir and for beginning a great thread with it.

Before I move on please let me send you a tip of the hat for taking your daughter out afield with you.

To the other fathers here that have done that, a sincere tip of my battered Bailey to you as well.

While it's good to see fathers taking time to pass on our way of life to either boys or girls, as the father of two teenagers myself, I hope I can be forgiven if I show a soft spot for getting girls out hunting.

To any fathers out there who have daughters I'd like to encourage you all in the strongest possible way to take your daughters out hunting, shooting, camping or any outdoor activity.

We've found that the rewards of doing so are definitely well worth the effort and can help shape your life and your children's lives in ways we didn't imagine when we began taking them up the mountains with us.

Oh, we started our girls coming along on family hunts when they were fairly young and they'd be the first to tell you they've grown up spending a lot of our weekend time in the mountains.

[Linked Image]

Anyway docdb, thanks again for the thread all the best to you and yours in all your upcoming hunts.

Regards,
Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Great stuff guys... my daughter (now 22) went through hunters and hiked a fair bit with her mom and I. She's not a backpacker now, but she's the apple of my eye that I utterly adore. Girls are a gift from God.

“Perfection is Achieved Not When There Is Nothing More to Add, But When There Is Nothing Left to Take Away” Antoine de Saint-Exupery
B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
This was a few months back. I almost got to full draw on a little buck with my girl on my back about 20 minutes after this pic was taken. That would have been a good story for the rocking chair down the road.........

Attached Images
wjes.jpg (39.95 KB, 145 downloads)
Last edited by BigWave; 11/14/12.
M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
My daughters (16 and 12) will shoot a little. Neither has hunted with me (I've always invited them). They have always camped with me. I think my proudest day was when my oldest asked for an Osprey pack for her sweet 16.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
cool stuff. i take both mine with me hunting. they are 13 and 10.

My idea of being organic is taking a dump in the woods.

P
PSH Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Very cool thread. I too have three girls, and they've been tagging along elk hunting since they were knee high. As they have reached the age, I told each that they would be taking hunters ed, and hunting one year so they knew what it was all about, and how to do it. You never know what will happen with this world one day, and I want them to at least have an idea as to how to fend for themselves. I told them after that, the decision was theirs to make. So far the 16 and the 13 year old have taken too it, and are glad to be going. Just got home from filling the eldests cow tag. The 6 year old is also showing promise, and appears to show more interest than the other two did at her age. I know things can change, but she may be a hunting machine when her time comes.

Regardless, boys or girls, take them out, I don't think you'll ever have a more positive experience. There is nothing like sitting on a ridge top as the sun comes up, with a youngster beside you, just taking in the view before starting the work of gutting an elk. A memory that I will never forget.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I'm just getting started with my daughter Asha. This was when she was 3 months old back in July

[Linked Image]

Here's Shilpa and Asha looking at some big deer on a far ridge

[Linked Image]

Drummond

Last edited by huntsonora; 11/15/12.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
No complaints here!

Love hunting with my girls.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

R
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
R
Nice!
I'm fortunate that the ole lady enjoys backpacking, and doesn't mind guns. She won't hunt, nor gut anything, but she'll cook and eat it.
Our little one, who is 3 1/2, has been camping with us since she was 6 mo, and we found out that she has to walk herself and skip nap time or she ends up giggling all night long about sleeping in the tent!
We used a kid's backpack that's a little big for her to have her carry her pajamas and a stuffed toy, and she carries it w/o complaint the whole way. So for Xmas she will be getting a pack that fits and has a hydration system as I don't care for slobber all over mine.
I'm hoping to have a little fishing and hunting partner soon. She's certainly hooked on backpacking. At least until she's a teen...

"Were I to leave where else would I go? Your words of truth and of life You hold." - Third Day
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
441 members (300jimmy, 160user, 10ring1, 1lesfox, 257 mag, 1lessdog, 48 invisible), 2,169 guests, and 932 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,595
Posts18,398,070
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.