Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 10 11
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Shrapnel,

In the top pic with the four rifles, I REALLY like the second from the top!

Would you mind sharing the specifics of that beauty? grin

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

GB1

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
That is one great group of rifles Shrapnel. Friggin wonderful to see those.

Is that an Angus laying there?

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
Hers mine 338 AX (Lapua Mag Imp)
[Linked Image]

This space for rent cash only.
H
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
H
I'm just in awe!!! Out-freaking-standing!!

P
Campfire Tracker
Online Happy
Campfire Tracker
P
Pedersoli .40-65

[Linked Image]

Guns don't kill people, it's mostly the bullets
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Seven Heaven,

That AH is a beauty! Love the no sights with Alexander-Henry set up.

Some shots of my RSI 7x57.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

If there is any proof of a man in a hunt it is not whether he killed a deer but how he hunted it.
E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Now that is a beautiful piece of wood on that No.1!!

El Numero Uno
a Serious Collector of the Ruger No.1 rifle;
a Modern Classic Sporting Arm
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I thought I'd add one of my beauties. I think I must qualify as one of Mule Deer's "rifle loonies".

This is a #1 re-barreled by Todd Lockburner (gunsmith in Monument Colorado). It's a half octagon, half round chambered in 40-82 WCF and is a .406 bore. Todd modified the Ruger scope rib since the half octagon would not use the standard rib and blued the barrel and scope rib. He did an outstanding job. I mounted a Nikon scope.

I use Starline 45-90 brass reformed by Redding form/trim die and Redding 40-82 dies. The slugs are either Hawk 270 or 300 gr, or DKT 260 gr. and Federal 210 primers. I won't give the powder load but with the #1 action strength, it isn't the black powder load velocity. It measures around 2400 fps. This elk was shot with the DKT's and they make a 5 shot ragged hole at 100 yds. The elk was shot at 176 yds by range finder measure. Apologize for the blood. The backstraps had been taken out when the camera was available. She was quartered out as the only altenative was to get out the knife and fork.

The shot was taken from bi-pod rest across a small cut where she was quartering away to my left. The shot entered back of her left (away) ribs and exited at the right chest in the crease of the right foreleg. The heart and lungs were liquified with the entry a nice round 40 caliber and the exit hole was between a quarter and half dollar in size. She dropped at the shot and never moved.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

btw, since it was "unusual" I bought the chamber cutter and it is available for any other loonie to "rent". It has been used but once.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Thanks for all the nice photos guys. It's a lot of fun looking at so many beautiful rifles so easily.

Rich or poor, it pays to have money.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by TCRken
I thought I'd add one of my beauties. I think I must qualify as one of Mule Deer's "rifle loonies".

This is a #1 re-barreled by Todd Lockburner (gunsmith in Monument Colorado). It's a half octagon, half round chambered in 40-82 WCF and is a .406 bore. Todd modified the Ruger scope rib since the half octagon would not use the standard rib and blued the barrel and scope rib. He did an outstanding job. I mounted a Nikon scope.

I use Starline 45-90 brass reformed by Redding form/trim die and Redding 40-82 dies. The slugs are either Hawk 270 or 300 gr, or DKT 260 gr. and Federal 210 primers. I won't give the powder load but with the #1 action strength, it isn't the black powder load velocity. It measures around 2400 fps. This elk was shot with the DKT's and they make a 5 shot ragged hole at 100 yds. The elk was shot at 176 yds by range finder measure. Apologize for the blood. The backstraps had been taken out when the camera was available. She was quartered out as the only altenative was to get out the knife and fork.

The shot was taken from bi-pod rest across a small cut where she was quartering away to my left. The shot entered back of her left (away) ribs and exited at the right chest in the crease of the right foreleg. The heart and lungs were liquified with the entry a nice round 40 caliber and the exit hole was between a quarter and half dollar in size. She dropped at the shot and never moved.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

btw, since it was "unusual" I bought the chamber cutter and it is available for any other loonie to "rent". It has been used but once.
Damn near skinned her!!

Come on America,
Athletes and actors are not heroes, only soldiers, airmen,marines and sailors get that respect�and let's add firemen and LEO's

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
This one is at my LGS and a very unique rifle by Bailey Bradshaw,a break action in 7x57R. He did ALL the work!
[Linked Image][Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Come on America,
Athletes and actors are not heroes, only soldiers, airmen,marines and sailors get that respect�and let's add firemen and LEO's

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Very nice rifle. But if it was mine, it would either lose that scope or at least get something that is more in tune with that sort of rifle.

Amazing that one person has that many artistic talents at that level. Quite the piece!

Save an elk, shoot a cow.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
One more...
[Linked Image]

Come on America,

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Rifle,

Quite the rifle. Love the caliber. I won't ask what it cost to have made for fear your wife might see the post. whistle

In a more bountiful time......
[Linked Image]

Some more nice butts, taken on my F-150 blanket.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

If there is any proof of a man in a hunt it is not whether he killed a deer but how he hunted it.
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Forearm on a red pad Tropical.

[Linked Image]

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Nice rifles!!!

Come on America,

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by BrentD
Very nice rifle. But if it was mine, it would either lose that scope or at least get something that is more in tune with that sort of rifle.

Amazing that one person has that many artistic talents at that level. Quite the piece!

Mr Bradshw built this as his first single shot and did everything,including engraving. He's out of Texas and seems to really have a talent.This one is foe sale at my LGS for 11K...
I think at one time it had a German scope,however the current owner had some eye problems and wanted the 6x42 that's mounted. I have handled it a couple of times,very well done

Last edited by rifle; 10/11/12.

Come on America,

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Time for a couple of more nice butts.

First a Lion.

[Linked Image]

Then a nice 7x57 red pad "A"

[Linked Image]

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
And a black pad 7x57 with outstanding wood.

[Linked Image]

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
You just won't find a black pad No.1 with wood much better than this 7x57!

El Numero Uno
a Serious Collector of the Ruger No.1 rifle;
a Modern Classic Sporting Arm
Page 4 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

564 members (2003and2013, 10Glocks, 222Sako, 163bc, 16Racing, 1badf350, 60 invisible), 2,507 guests, and 1,337 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,674
Posts18,456,135
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.