Berger Hunting Bullets.

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#7079696 - 11/15/12 05:44 PM Re: Daughters! [Re: rodwha]
NEhunter Offline

Loc: Nebraska
Awesome thread guys. Keep the stories and pics coming. My wife and I just had twin girls back in September and I really hope they turn out to enjoy the outdoors as much as I.

BP 468
Visit ARIZONA BACKCOUNTRY GUIDE SERVICES!
#7079882 - 11/15/12 06:27 PM Re: Daughters! [Re: docdb]
bea175 Offline
Campfire Oracle

Loc: Kpt.,TN , Montgomery, Co, VA
Originally Posted By: docdb
I had my doubts at first, but having only daughters has worked out pretty good.

If only the squirrels would cooperate!

Beautiful daughter and love the Browning for squirrels .

#7080247 - 11/15/12 08:20 PM Re: Daughters! [Re: bea175]
BeanMan Offline
Campfire Regular

Loc: Western Colorado
EvanHill,

I thought I recognized that canyon, I was sure when I saw the petroglyph panel.

#7080831 - 11/16/12 05:59 AM Re: Daughters! [Re: BeanMan]
jt402 Offline
Campfire Ranger

I always wanted a son. Youngest daughter gave me two grandsons, yet it was not to be. Grandson #1 died in a car accident just before turning three. Grandson #2 didn't make it here. He died of a cord accident in the womb. BUT I have girls. Three daughters that have matured into fine ladies. Aged 52, 50, and 38. They all have shotguns and handguns. I am soon going to hand them each a .22LR and a CF rifle. Eldest and youngest are "ranch girls." Eldest is in real estate and she saw a value in a small ranch (deeded) with a larger (leased) spread adjacent. She and SIL bought it to someday have a quail factory. Youngest married a young man that has about 3000 acres of ranch land plus he farms with his father. Middle daughter and I just visit the ranches and enjoy.

Then there are two grand daughters. Three and eight. The eight year old is beginning to like shooting. She has her eye on the 4H Club shooting program. Gave her a BB gun last Christmas and her grandfather's single shot .22 last week.

Living in a woman's world takes a tough personality. They borrow your truck, and the perfume lingers for weeks. You have to constantly remind your bride that you need stinky guy soap, not some beauty bar. They wear your warm coat and dry cleaning fails to remove the nice odor. I have spent the better part of my seventy five years smelling like a girl. When I do not see them for a few days/weeks, I miss it/them.

A few weeks ago, I was talking to an old friend on the phone,while visiting youngest daughters family. Grand daughter came skipping by, kissed me on the cheek and said, "Dad Dad, I love you," and was gone. My friend commented, "That was worth the trip." To which I wholeheartedly agree.

We hunt and fish together. Daughter #1 and husband are into fly fishing for trout and try to spend a month in the mountains each summer. Last summer, the whole tribe spent a week chasing the trout. Wee shoot trap at the ranch. They have a nice shooting pad overlooking a small canyon. Targets for the kids to hone their skills. Youngest daughter and I have hunted deer and turkey together. Big fun.

God bless the girls in my life. Amen. jack
"Do not blame Caesar, blame the people...who have...rejoiced in their loss of freedom....Blame the people who hail him when he speaks of the 'new, wonderful, good, society'...to mean ,..living fatly at the expense of the industrious." Cicero

#7081306 - 11/16/12 08:36 AM Re: Daughters! [Re: jt402]
PSH Offline
Campfire Regular

Originally Posted By: jt402
I always wanted a son. Youngest daughter gave me two grandsons, yet it was not to be. Grandson #1 died in a car accident just before turning three. Grandson #2 didn't make it here. He died of a cord accident in the womb. BUT I have girls. Three daughters that have matured into fine ladies. Aged 52, 50, and 38. They all have shotguns and handguns. I am soon going to hand them each a .22LR and a CF rifle. Eldest and youngest are "ranch girls." Eldest is in real estate and she saw a value in a small ranch (deeded) with a larger (leased) spread adjacent. She and SIL bought it to someday have a quail factory. Youngest married a young man that has about 3000 acres of ranch land plus he farms with his father. Middle daughter and I just visit the ranches and enjoy.

Then there are two grand daughters. Three and eight. The eight year old is beginning to like shooting. She has her eye on the 4H Club shooting program. Gave her a BB gun last Christmas and her grandfather's single shot .22 last week.

Living in a woman's world takes a tough personality. They borrow your truck, and the perfume lingers for weeks. You have to constantly remind your bride that you need stinky guy soap, not some beauty bar. They wear your warm coat and dry cleaning fails to remove the nice odor. I have spent the better part of my seventy five years smelling like a girl. When I do not see them for a few days/weeks, I miss it/them.

A few weeks ago, I was talking to an old friend on the phone,while visiting youngest daughters family. Grand daughter came skipping by, kissed me on the cheek and said, "Dad Dad, I love you," and was gone. My friend commented, "That was worth the trip." To which I wholeheartedly agree.

We hunt and fish together. Daughter #1 and husband are into fly fishing for trout and try to spend a month in the mountains each summer. Last summer, the whole tribe spent a week chasing the trout. Wee shoot trap at the ranch. They have a nice shooting pad overlooking a small canyon. Targets for the kids to hone their skills. Youngest daughter and I have hunted deer and turkey together. Big fun.

God bless the girls in my life. Amen. jack

Amen is right!!!!!

#7083240 - 11/16/12 08:16 PM Re: Daughters! [Re: evanhill]
AB2506 Offline
Campfire Guide

Loc: Calgary Alberta, Canada
Like most any man, I wanted a boy. God gave me 2 beautiful, intelligent girls who like to hunt and shoot. My brother has 2 boys and a girl. None are really interested yet. As you can see, girls have worked out pretty well for me .

Today we went and watched Skyfall together. Tomorrow we are going to try to fill their mulie doe tags.

I am incredibly blessed!

#7083401 - 11/16/12 09:33 PM Re: Daughters! [Re: AB2506]
458Win Offline
Campfire Ranger

Loc: AK peninsula
There is an old saying attributed to Confusius that claims it is a wish man who wishes for a daughter.
I certainly would agree. Mine is now our top fly fishing guide, as well as the most requested bear and moose hunting guide. She has even informed us that she wants to take over the business when we retire.

She also is one of the top contenders in a national Prois women's hunting contest and if any of you care to vote for her the winner gets a trip to Africa next year . You can find the voting on Proishunting.com/proisaward/ .
Some of your daughters might even wish to compete next year.

Anyone who claims the 30-06 is not effective has either not used one, or else is unwittingly commenting on their marksmanship.

#7083884 - 11/17/12 06:30 AM Re: Daughters! [Re: rodwha]
Proud_Dad Offline
Campfire Regular

Loc: Hutchinson, KS
I am enjoying the pictures everyone is sharing. Looks like lots of you have great help putting meat on the table!

Our 9 year old daughter Grace has both the "girly" side with gymnastics and dressing up, but also loves to put on the camo and go hunting and fishing, too. Deer season starts in two weeks and she's ready!

This young lady is one of my wife's former students (she's now a nurse) that is like an adopted daughter/big sister in our family and loves the outdoors, too. Here she is getting ready and then celebrating her first deer last year:

Can't wait to get both of them and my wife out for deer season. I've told them I'm not sure how it works that I pull the trigger one time and have to drag four deer, but I consider myself pretty lucky...!

Edited by Proud_Dad (11/17/12 06:37 AM)

#7086353 - 11/18/12 01:39 AM Re: Daughters! [Re: Proud_Dad]
TScott27 Offline

Lovely pics of everyone who got great daughters who love hunting and shooting. I got sons and I was truly thankful that i would have somebody following my footsteps. They also go hunting with me but I can see that they're not as passionate in it as I am. Perhaps, if I could have a daughter, she might be just like all of your girls.

#7086399 - 11/18/12 03:30 AM Re: Daughters! [Re: TScott27]
jpb Offline
Campfire Tracker

Loc: northern Sweden
Just bumping this up so that perhaps Dwayne (BC30cal) will post some of his pictures of his daughters -- they are great!

John

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  RickBin, SYSOP 
HUNT with JJHACK!  CLICK HERE FOR MORE INFO!
Support Our Sponsors 1
Who's Online
137 registered (12344mag, 280Ackleyrized, 280shooter, 300Winnie, 10generation, 28lx, 19 invisible), 761 Guests and 306 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Support Our Sponsors 2
Forum Stats
50456 Members
72 Forums
634127 Topics
9097204 Posts

Max Online: 4366 @ 10/05/10 09:36 AM
Support Our Sponsors 3

Copyright 2000-2013 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.