Originally Posted by Coyote_Hunter
Originally Posted by TC1
Originally Posted by Travis13
Just curious if any of you have signed up for a 0% APR credit card to purchase a rifle? ...

I've taken out 3 or 4 BassPro shop cards for about the same purpose. They have a store wide 10% sale from time to time then offer another big discount if you take out a C/C in the store. I take out the card in the store, get instant approval and buy the big ticket item. Pay the card off and cancel it immediately.

That is an intelligent way to manage your money. If you don't have money to pay it off you probably don't have enough saved up for a rainy day.

Not saying credit is necessarily bad, but my preference is to use it for necessities/big ticket items (home/cars/etc.) rather than toys I can easily live without. That said, my wife and I have purchased several items by signing up for a card that provided an immediate additional discount - we take the savings, pay the card off immediately and destroy the card.

Sadly what you are doing means that you are paying more in interest for your big ticket items because taking out a bunch of cards and not using them has a negative impact on your credit score.