Paul.

"Kids who grow up hunting, fishing & trapping, do not mug little old Ladies"
GB1

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Thanks Rooster.

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except for bears. Bears kill you.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
80 million views, eh? dat der is a purty big number! With that many views and posts, it is a wonder that we are insulated here from all of the internet shenanigans that go on most other threads/forums. I think that a tone was set early and that made a lot of difference.

As I have gotten older, I have decided to make an official bucket list. Things that I would like to accomplish in my life. Finding an arrowhead is one of them. I would also like to add a visit some day to Chickenbuck to that list. God (and the Shaws) willing, maybe sometime that can happen!

What you do today is important, you are trading a day in the rest of your life for it.
R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Berettaman
80 million views, eh? dat der is a purty big number! With that many views and posts, it is a wonder that we are insulated here from all of the internet shenanigans that go on most other threads/forums. I think that a tone was set early and that made a lot of difference.

As I have gotten older, I have decided to make an official bucket list. Things that I would like to accomplish in my life. Finding an arrowhead is one of them. I would also like to add a visit some day to Chickenbuck to that list. God (and the Shaws) willing, maybe sometime that can happen!

A tone was set and also trolls are too lazy to read this many posts to figure out what they can troll about. Either way I'm glad they're not here to muddy up our coffee hour.

Heck Bman you're not THAT far away. You and Tzone could practically ride together from your door step. That is...if you don't argue about minivans and cut each other up with your man cards.

grin

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
Originally Posted by New_2_99s
Originally Posted by CharlieFoxtrot
That was a very touching post Dave.

I think we've all been where you are at one time or another. Something that helps me get through the day is that I remind myself that someone has it worse off than me and I should count my lucky stars that I have my family, my health, and a roof over my head. The rest will figure itself out. As they say, the pendulum always swings back the other way.

As for Dusty, it's ok to feel loss. His legacy are the nails that hold Camp Chickenbuck together. You gave him life again. Chickenbuck gave him purpose. My father lost his youngest son three months before Waylon. For seven years my dad has been a shell of the man he once was. Gave up hunting, golf, just about everything. He has essentially stopped living after my brothers passing. Chickenbuck was Uncle Dusty's renewal and he grabbed it with a passion, as evidenced by the art on his forearm.

This thread helps my healing, even though I've never had the pleasure of meeting any one of you in person. I hope we can have many more talks over "coffee at the cafe". It certainly brightens my day.

Charlie,

Here, here.

Could not agree more !

Thanks again Camp ChickenBuck.

+1!

Ron

NRA Endowment member and proud of it.
IC B2

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Originally Posted by Rooster7

A tone was set and also trolls are too lazy to read this many posts to figure out what they can troll about. Either way I'm glad they're not here to muddy up our coffee hour.

Heck Bman you're not THAT far away. You and Tzone could practically ride together from your door step. That is...if you don't argue about minivans and cut each other up with your man cards.

grin

I can see them pulling up to camp in a mini van, bickering the whole way. they roll out the doors and hit the ground, exhausted and scratched to bits from a vicious 5 hour man card battle.

grin

Man cards all over the inside of the mini van, thousands of them. Stuck into the door panels and headliner like ninja throwing stars.

lmao!

Something clever here.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
All of those man cards you talk of would have to be from someone else cuz he hasn't had his in many, many years! I still have my original one; it hangs next to my Swamp Squid Badge of Courage! And of course we would be late cuz Tzone would see some salon and have to stop to get his nails done while I waited at the local gun store!

All in good fun guys, all in good fun! I would ride up with Tom anytime!

What you do today is important, you are trading a day in the rest of your life for it.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by Rooster7

grin

Well we know one thing. Bman won't be cutting me up with a man card. lol. grin

Camp is where you make it.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by northern_dave
Man cards all over the inside of the mini van, thousands of them. Stuck into the door panels and headliner like ninja throwing stars.

lmao!

That made me laugh so hard my eyes watered. grin Ninja man cards. Awesome.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
4-5 inches of snow here but it is stopping. I dont think the wood ducks are too happy right now. I imagine there are some hens that are nagging on the drakes about coming up north too soon.

IC B3

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
I imagine there are some hens that are nagging on the drakes about coming up north too soon.

"Dammit Louie! I told you you were on quack!"

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I just got a call from my dad today. one of those calls you don't want to get. My uncle passed away today suddenly. looks like I'll be heading to MN in the next few days. I was fortunate enough to be snowed in last year right after antelope camp in the same town he was in so we got to hang out for a little bit. never miss a chance to tell loved ones how much you care about them. that snow globe never stops shaking, it just slows down at times.

Beware of any old man in a profession where one usually dies young.

Calm seas don't make sailors.
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Really sorry to hear that Ryan.

When are you heading over to lakes country?

Something clever here.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
in the next few days likely, be in the DL area

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Yeah, I kind of know where your headed, I remember that.

Let us know if there's anything we can do.

Something clever here.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Thanks Dave

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
The snowglobe just keeps on shaking. Good good post, Dave.
I have been here from the first. Been here thru my heart by pass surgery in 2008.Seen the young'uns grow up. Seen the parents get more mature.
This is LIFE SHARED people. We ARE ALL FAMILY.
Thank you all for being part of my life and for letting me be part of yours.

Chickenbuck militia.

Stan in SC

The more I listen,the more I hear....and vice versa.

45/70,it's almost a religion.

If you have to take a second shot then you probably shouldn't have taken the first shot.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
and here I thought I was the only one whose life was in a state of flux. grin

[the member formerly known as fluffy}
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
4-5 inches of snow here but it is stopping. I dont think the wood ducks are too happy right now. I imagine there are some hens that are nagging on the drakes about coming up north too soon.

We are getting it here now. Coming down like crazy!

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Sorry Ryan. Please let me know if you need anything. You're welcome to stay here, though it's about 3 hours from where you need to be.

Page 1,341 of 1,842 1 2 1339 1340 1341 1342 1343 1841 1842

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

563 members (219DW, 10gaugemag, 2500HD, 12344mag, 1_deuce, 17CalFan, 62 invisible), 2,069 guests, and 1,088 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,081
Posts18,463,897
Members73,923
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.