Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1,357 of 1,842 1 2 1355 1356 1357 1358 1359 1841 1842
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by tzone
We didn't have any during Jack's ballgame. They won 16-3. He pitched the 3rd and 4th inning. He struck out 5 and a kid hit a pop fly that was caught the first basemen. The kids have a good game all around.

Now, it's time to get gear ready for turkey hunting. Trying to keep two kids from wiggling too much will be my biggest challenge!
Handcuffs, shackles, duct tape and sleeping pills........

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
So who's fishing this weekend? Man, am I getting pumped! I'm not doing the midnight thing, but I should be on the water by 4:30. I'll be happy just to put some panfish in the boat, but if a walleye or northern finds it's way into my little Lund, all the better.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
went fishing last weekend with the boy, no luck. our fishing season never closes so I don't have to worry about an "opener" smile

Beware of any old man in a profession where one usually dies young.

Calm seas don't make sailors.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
They way it sounds, you also don't have to worry about "fish." grin

Camp is where you make it.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
LOL! maybe so!

I went outside and there is all this white stuff on the roofs around here. it melts when it hits the ground though. reminds me of that crap we get in the winter time. thought we were done with it.

Beware of any old man in a profession where one usually dies young.

Calm seas don't make sailors.
IC B2

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
GS team has lost all 3 of their games.

GS told me Sunday night, "Yeah know grandpa that you learn a lot more from your losses than you do from your wins".

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except for bears. Bears kill you.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Hahaha!

Jack was pitching warm ups last night and the other coach was catching, the kid hitting BP, foul tipped one right into coaches forehead. Which immeaditealy turned it into a 5 head. It sounded like a 22 went off, dropping him on the spot. Man that looked like it hurt. smile

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Prolly no fishing for me unless I hit the crappie hole again late Sat night. We will see what the wind does. Matter of fact, that does sound kinda fun.

The plan for this weekend is to prime and paint The Roost.

What you do today is important, you are trading a day in the rest of your life for it.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I love when guys call on a Thursday to see if you want to play in a hockey tourney that coming weekend:

Friend: "So, you wanna play in the Walleye Chop tourney in Blaine this weekend?"

Me: "Why, yes, I think I will miss all the mother's day weekend stuff we have previously set up with family. Telling my wife about it today will be a bonus. I am sure it will go over great. We will be staying out late and drinking after the games too, right????"

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Oh, and opener for me is the week after opener. Perham, here we come!!!!

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Colorado1135
LOL! maybe so!

I went outside and there is all this white stuff on the roofs around here. it melts when it hits the ground though. reminds me of that crap we get in the winter time. thought we were done with it.

We had thunder snow last night. Everything but the roads was covered in white this morning.

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
My daughter made me proud today. She asked if we could get up really early on Sunday morning so we could make Mom an omelet for breakfast.

Dave,
How are the kidney stones coming along? Been thinkin' of ya!

What you do today is important, you are trading a day in the rest of your life for it.
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
It's all good Bman.

No troubles at the moment.

Strangely enough... sigh... cant believe i'm going to say this...

In the main forum here, guys have been talking about apple cider vinegar. I didn't know anything about taking this stuff daily for various health benefits. But apparently I've been living under a rock because it's very popular.

Anyways, a week and a half ago I got up one morning and dug around in the kitchen for some regular white vinegar. It's all we had at home.

Found some, poured a little in a glass, then diluted with about 4 oz of water and drank it down, chased it with more water.

The relief began shortly after. Coincidence? I don't know, but I picked up some ACV later that day and took it every morning and a couple different nights for the rest of the week.

I think I over did it because last Friday came and when I took some it upset my stomach so I quit.

I don't know if that's what helped me with this last bout of the kidney stone trouble or not, but I will give it a try again next time I have kidney stone problems.

Something clever here.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Since you have been taking the vinegar, can you leap buildings in a single bound?

My Gramma always touted vinegar for whatever ails a person. Upset stomach? Drink some vinegar. Losing your hair? Drink some vinegar. Wart on your foot? drink some vinegar. Stub your toe? Drink some vinegar. getting audited by the IRS? drink a LOT of vinegar.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Dave,

did you mix it with ginger ale?

Bman, my grandma was the same way. She had a fix for everything. Vinegar was on "the list." Dirty stuff-vinegar, tooth ache- vinegar, back-ache- vinegar

Cold and sinus issues- honey, mint, and hot brandy. I don't know if it made me feel any better, but man did I sleep! laugh

Last edited by tzone; 05/08/14.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by gophergunner
So who's fishing this weekend? Man, am I getting pumped!

I'm going with a crew of crazies smile to Ottertail Lake. Staying in a cabin for fishing opener weekend. I've never fished Ottertail before but have heard it can be a very good walleye lake. We shall see. Hope the wind stays down.

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by northern_dave
but I will give it a try again next time I have kidney stone problems.

Maybe if you take a little everyday, you won't have a next time?

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Knew a guy that drank cactus juice every day. Swore it cured everything.

Vinegar has quite a following around here too.

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except for bears. Bears kill you.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Rooster7
Originally Posted by gophergunner
So who's fishing this weekend? Man, am I getting pumped!

I'm going with a crew of crazies smile to Ottertail Lake. Staying in a cabin for fishing opener weekend. I've never fished Ottertail before but have heard it can be a very good walleye lake. We shall see. Hope the wind stays down.

It is a great walleye lake. Good luck.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Ottertail should be a good place. The PWT and FLW have had plenty of walleye tourny's there.

Page 1,357 of 1,842 1 2 1355 1356 1357 1358 1359 1841 1842

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

597 members (007FJ, 257_X_50, 01Foreman400, 160user, 2500HD, 257man, 58 invisible), 2,271 guests, and 1,202 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,643
Posts18,455,374
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.