Print Thread
Hop To
Page 8 of 10 1 2 6 7 8 9 10
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Hey OKBOWMAN et al...

I can tell you how I would have negotiated this "30% reduction in pay to save the company" crap.

The buckwheat would have been sorted from the bullshit in about 3 sentences and everyone would have known who was...and wasnt serious about "saving the company".

1. I'll agree to a 30% decrease ONLY if every single employee from the CEO to janitors take the same cut in salary and benefits.

2. If Hostess folds the tent within 2 years, you backpay all the employees the 30% you took to "save the company".

3. If the company is out of the red and making money after 2 years, you restore wages and we move on.

If they didnt agree to those 3 items...kiss my ass, you already planned on closing the doors anyway. Negotiations over.

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
No more Ding Dongs what's a person to do we are all going to starve now.

NRA Lifetime Member
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by CCCC
Originally Posted by dave7mm
Companies always die from the neck up.
Always....dave

My elders taught me to be wary of those who speak of people and organizations in absolute terms - like "always".

So, dave, how do nations die?

Look to your ragheaded president.
Pretty good start.

dave

[Linked Image]

Only accurate rifles are interesting.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The deadliest Ding Dong of all, by recent national vote, is still with us for at least four more years.

"Good enough" isn't.

Always take your responsibilities seriously but never yourself.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I've got news for everyone...get used to it. Business are folding everywhere...most avoiding Obamacare.

One of my subcontractors PC board mfgr., slammed the doors today, because they can't afford the extra overhead, compliments of [bleep].

Typical small business that sees the writing on the wall.

To the dumb [bleep] who voted for this trainwreck, enjoy.

Tony

IC B2

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by BuzzH
Hey OKBOWMAN et al...

I can tell you how I would have negotiated this "30% reduction in pay to save the company" crap.

The buckwheat would have been sorted from the bullshit in about 3 sentences and everyone would have known who was...and wasnt serious about "saving the company".

1. I'll agree to a 30% decrease ONLY if every single employee from the CEO to janitors take the same cut in salary and benefits.

2. If Hostess folds the tent within 2 years, you backpay all the employees the 30% you took to "save the company".

3. If the company is out of the red and making money after 2 years, you restore wages and we move on.

If they didnt agree to those 3 items...kiss my ass, you already planned on closing the doors anyway. Negotiations over.

That's it right there.

You don't really think that CEO would agree to cut HIS pay though do ya'?

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
No, and you can bet the farm the fugger very likely had no intention of saving the company...only money via a 30% labor cost cutting effort prior to him folding up Hostess.

Apparently all the rest think the CEO's heart was in the right spot.

I'd of found out...real quick at a negotiating table, and thats a fact.

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
Hey OKBOWMAN et al...

Sounds eminently reasonable. I wonder if this kind of tactic was tried in the case of Hostess? Of course, a really good manager who was there for the long haul would already have put something to cut his own salary on the table in order to create some sense of good faith.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I must say.... watching the union cut their own thoat and hostess firing them all is the first thing that has made me smile since the election....

Look up the definition of a parasite.... unions are classic paracites... this time they actually killed the host or hostess

The worst thing ever to happen to cops is the personal video recorder... Now people can see the truth
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I wonder why HOSTESS just didn't hire replacement workers? It can't be that hard to train someone to make twinkies. I bet over 25% of the people who posted on this thread could probably even be trained to make twinkies. I wonder if maybe management may have really ran the place in the ground and thought maybe this was a good way to save face. I wonder how much management took in the way of concessions? Just wondering out loud.

IC B3

JOG Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Hey OKBOWMAN et al...

NO.

NO.

NO.

I'll pass on the ass kissing part, but I will take the assets, find some Mexicans, and start a new business. Or, I might sell the assets and retire someplace - maybe find a nice forclosure in Wyoming I can pick up for a song.

Forgive me my nonsense, as I also forgive the nonsense of those that think they talk sense.
Robert Frost
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by tjm10025

Can't the federal government save the Twinkies, like they saved General Motors?

Obama didn't save anything! In fact, there seems to be a growing sentiment that GM will need another bailout before Obama leaves office. The feds own 500,000,000 shares of stock. The value has shrunk to $10 billion and they (TAXPAYERS) have lost $16 billion.
For the feds to break even with the taxpayer dollars, the stock has to reach $53. Today its closed at $23.85.

Further, the bond holders were "hosed" by Obama. Many of these were older Americans who held them due to their stability and many use the income as they are retired.

So, Obama didn't save a damn thing! He put the American taxpayer on the hook, all the while currying the favor for union support!

Last edited by bigwhoop; 11/16/12.

My home is the "sanctuary residence" for my firearms.
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by ChuckKY
I wonder why HOSTESS just didn't hire replacement workers? It can't be that hard to train someone to make twinkies. I bet over 25% of the people who posted on this thread could probably even be trained to make twinkies. I wonder if maybe management may have really ran the place in the ground and thought maybe this was a good way to save face. I wonder how much management took in the way of concessions? Just wondering out loud.

Because as mentioned multiple times it's HIGHLY unlikely Hostess and their dipsh.it management intended to save the company. The 30% pay cut was most likely to pad the pockets of the dipshi.ts that ran it into the ground.

$13 and change per hour GMAFB....for a billion dollar+++ company that's been around forever. Management should be doing the Mussolini swing dance.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by watch4bear

I just threw up in my mouth a little. Dear God. Where do we get such stupid people?

If something on the internet makes you angry the odds are you're being manipulated
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Pugs

I just threw up in my mouth a little. Dear God. Where do we get such stupid people?

Courtesy of unionized public teachers of course.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I totally agree with you AcesNeights, I was just being sarcastic in response to most of the rather simple minded posts on the subject. It is always easy to blame what you really have no understanding about other than what you read that some idiot posts on an open forum. I've been a working IBEW member for 25 years now. Proud of the work I've done over the years and the living it has provided for myself and my family. I own firearms, hunt, am a voting registered Republican and pay in the 34% tax bracket. I have non-union electricians come to me weekly wanting to know how to get in the union workforce. I take the time to explain the Apprenticeship program and the training involved and most don't want to make the commitment. I understand that is their choice and take the time to answer their questions anyway. Shame more people can't be more open minded also. I hope everyone has a good evening, but I have to get to bed. Last weekend of gun season here in KY for zone 3.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by HugAJackass
Union and Non-Union companies come and go every day...that is what always happens when any company is run like chit (as is the case with Hostess)AND/OR held hostage by unions.

Fixed it.

Wrong, who negotiated the contract? Just the Union?

Again, Management is half of any negotiation and if they agree to pay wages that will bankrupt a company...its their fault. Get a better negotiation team next time.

Everybody needs government deadbeat jobs.

The Mayans had it right. If you�re going to predict the future, it�s best to aim far beyond your life expectancy, lest you wind up red-faced in a bunker overstocked with Spam and ammo.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna

They know no shame! and have'nt a clue.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by CCCC
Companies always die from the neck up.
Always....dave

My elders taught me to be wary of those who speak of people and organizations in absolute terms - like "always".

So, dave, how do nations die?

Look to your ragheaded president.
Pretty good start. dave

Hey dave, how did you get the raghead as Pres? Did he elect himself?

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
Page 8 of 10 1 2 6 7 8 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

487 members (10gaugemag, 160user, 10Glocks, 12344mag, 17CalFan, 10ring1, 35 invisible), 2,541 guests, and 1,032 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,285
Posts18,467,851
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.