-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I notice that a lot of heads are disappearing into the sand on the impending Feinstein ban bill as if we can ignore the issue and it will go away.
Doing that is like ignoring cancer and hoping it will go away.
This is a time for American gun owners to be writing & phoning their federal representatives and senators like never before and DEMANDING that they not be punished for the actions of a lunatic.

Proud Life Member of the NRA & GOA
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
If everyone had acted as if Obama was going to win the election and continue is destruction of our country maybe it would have prevented his reelection.

[Linked Image from ]
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The real problem with the election was the MSM or propaganda arm of the progressives and the fact that Romney didn't fight. He should had called Obama a tyrant for violations of the constitution. He should have called him a liar and betrayer of our men in Libya. I could go on, but you get the point.

[Linked Image from ]
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
We own two small businesses outside of DC. DC has one of the strongest economies in the US due to the government. My wife runs a job placement agency & closed her office & laid seven employees off. She now works from home & has had no income in three months. Private businesses are simply not hiring. I supplement my small electrical design business by teaching shooting & working as an armed guard. Many small business owners are struggling to survive & it will get worse as Obamacare kicks in. The Republican party is no longer a national force. Gingrich said it best. The Democrat party has built a machine while the Republicans have been running elections. To ever become a national force again the Republican party must adapt the tactics of the Democrats. It will not be easy. In the past I have been on three safaris, but at 70 never expect to hunt Africa again.

Life Members SCI & NRA. NRA Instructor & RSO. What have YOU done to support hunting & gun rights?
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by ConradCA
The real problem with the election was the MSM or propaganda arm of the progressives and the fact that Romney didn't fight. He should had called Obama a tyrant for violations of the constitution. He should have called him a liar and betrayer of our men in Libya. I could go on, but you get the point.

Romney had to be extremely careful how he fought back. He didn't have the majority of the media drinking his coolaid and worshipping him like Obama does.

Republicans will have a hard time until they can turn the media tide in their favor. There are too many undiscerning voters who lap up everything the leftist media puts out. Perhaps too many people have just given up and don't vote?

I hate to say it, but the Republicans need to put aside social conservatism (abortion, daycare, medicare etc) and campaign on fiscal conservatism. That is how Stephen Harper has been able to with a few elections here in Canada. That and the left has split it's vote with the NDP and Liberals. But hey, it's worked since about 2005.

Last edited by AB2506; 01/05/13.
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
There's also a marked increase in Americans looking to leave the USA because of that useless tosser Obama..... I'm currently being approached by an average of something like 2 Americans per week asking me what property prices and cost of living etc are like here in Portugal.

Last edited by Shakari; 01/05/13.

Have you swept the visioned valley with the green stream streaking though it?
Searched the vastness for a something you have lost?
Have you strung your soul to silence? Then for God's sake go and do it
Hear the challenge, learn the lesson, pay the cost
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by Shakari
There's also a marked increase in Americans looking to leave the USA because of that useless tosser Obama..... I'm currently being approached by an average of something like 2 Americans per week asking me what property prices and cost of living etc are like here in Portugal.

Really? And here I always thought it was the liberals that were all set to move out if the conservatives won.

Probably really good hunting in Portugal I bet.... NOT

Save an elk, shoot a cow.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Brent

That's what I thought when I moved here but Portugal must be the best kept secret in the hunting world.

HUGE Iberian red deer, fallow deer, wild boar and no end of fantastic wing shooting abound and at prices that are about half the price of the nearest competition.

Here's an Iberian red deer I took a few weeks ago & this would be considered nothing more than a good representative of the species rather than a particularly good trophy.

[Linked Image]

The fishing is also phenomenal.

This one might be considered a good trophy

[Linked Image]

Last edited by Shakari; 01/05/13.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
This is one of those moment of truth times in American history.

If American gun owners puzzy out and give up like a lot of the talk indicates is happening we lose everything and the second amendment will be completely gutted by the end of Obamas tenure and American domestic policy will be dictated by the UN when Obama signs the ATT and surrenders American sovereignty to a band of international dictators in collusion with George Soros.

We need to get on our representatives and senators to defeat the Feinstein ban bill& rally against the ATT.

If we stand and fight and support the NRA and other organizations we will win this fight.

I for one refuse to be scapegoated and punished for the actions of criminals and nut cases because the American media has now become the "tyrannical regime" the founding fathers warned us about. The media has become the tyrant that is attempting to rule us through their prejudicial propaganda.

Last edited by pricedo; 01/06/13.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by pricedo
This is one of those moment of truth times in American history.

If American gun owners puzzy out and give up like a lot of the talk indicates is happening we lose everything and the second amendment will be completely gutted by the end of Obamas tenure and American domestic policy will be dictated by the UN when Obama signs the ATT and surrenders American sovereignty to a band of international dictators in collusion with George Soros.

We need to get on our representatives and senators to defeat the Feinstein ban bill& rally against the ATT.

If we stand and fight and support the NRA and other organizations we will win this fight.

I for one refuse to be scapegoated and punished for the actions of criminals and nut cases because the American media has now become the "tyrannical regime" the founding fathers warned us about. The media has become the tyrant that is attempting to rule us through their prejudicial propaganda.

Never was a truer word spoken.

You guys over there had a very good reason for the 2nd amendment and the reasons for keeping it are just as important now as they was then.

I support you guys all the way.

IC B3

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Unfortunately alotta (and I mean alotta) heads need to be pulled out of the sand so the fight to preserve and protect 2A can begin in earnest.
We need to contact and rally the politicians to the cause including the ones who have historically been our friends as many are faltering under media pressure.
We need to get organized and active and support the NRA.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Sharkari,
I'll have reconsider my thoughts on Portugal. But I don't see any Absaroka Mts in Portugal smile

Seriously though, looks like there is some good hunting there.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Brent

Some parts of central Portugal are fairly mountainous but the general area I hunt in is Castelo Branco and is mostly very similar to the rolling hills of Zululand so not too difficult for retired old farts like me. smile

the main big quarries are red & roe deer & wild boar (I get a lot of wild boar around the house here as well).

Smaller quarry is mostly foxes, hares & rabbits. Then there's the wingshooting and that's mostly walked up (over pointers) or driven partridges and a fair bit of duck shooting.

If you're a fisherman then the inland lakes/flooded valleys have tip top coarse and trout fishing. I'm also told that some fishing venues here even have sturgeon in them and the sea fishing (including marlin) is (I'm told) some of the best in Europe.

I didn't expect to find much hunting here at all when I emigrated from Africa but was very pleasantly surprised to find I was wrong in that assumption.

The game laws are a tad complicated but I booked through Athina Hunting Tours who are based in the UK and they were brilliant.

As for prices, they're considerably cheaper than in the adjoining countries......... but for some reason, the Portuguese couldn't sell a shag in a knocking shop and I reckon that's why no-one seems to have hunted here.

I don't know anything the Absokora Mountains I'm afraid but assume they're big and beautiful..... I'd like to see them but am too short, too old and too stuffed up to go climbing them I'm afraid.

So the rolling hills of Castelo Branco will do me fine nowadays. smile

Last edited by Shakari; 01/08/13.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Well thanks for the post. I learned something.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
couldn't sell a shag in a knocking shop

God i hope I can remember that long enought to pass it along.

Be Polite , Be Professional , but have a plan to kill everybody you meet
-General James Mattis United States Marine Corps

Nothing is darker than a mau mau's moo moo.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
No-one but no-one knows how to market here...... It took me 6 months to realise I have a car accessory shop up the road..... It has no signing at all & black tinted windows & that's absolutely typically Portuguese.

The restaurant we use for lunch when we go hunting looks like a private house or maybe a run down coffee shop from the outside but you walk in & it's fabulous.

The food is also great but this place doesn't even have a menu..... they just tell you the choices. smile

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

599 members (10Glocks, 007FJ, 1234, 10ring1, 10gaugemag, 19rabbit52, 51 invisible), 2,282 guests, and 1,194 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,090
Posts18,464,038
Members73,923
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.