Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
J
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
J
Any feed back on this shotgun ? Can it be had with a flat tappered rib or only the stepped rib ? Does it have cast off spacers available ?
Thanks,
Jim

GB1

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Jim,

The Sporting Model is the XCell, which is the one with the Blue receiver which is ugly as hell, but I've grown fond of it. It comes with a flat tappered rib and spacers. With the KO recoil system it is pretty soft shooting. Quick to the target and I like it more than a little. If a step rib is what you desire, you can buy a barrel separately.

Have somewhere around 8-10,000 rounds out of mine. Four malfunctions and one of those was when it was brand new and one when I hadn't cleaned it for a couple thousand rounds.

Last edited by battue; 11/20/12.

laissez les bons temps rouler
J
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
J
Thank you ! Thought that you might be mad at me.
I do not want the stepped rib. Does it have cast off spacers ?
A couple of years ago I bought a 391 Parallel at dealer cost while working at Bass Pro part time. Everybody at the club had one, so I bought one. I can't get it to fit me and the gun is not worth a custom fitted stock. So, maybe this would be a good time to start over ! ( if I can sell the 391 ). I wanted the a400 for a back up to the K-80 and for light hunting. I looked at one and I need more cast off. Glad to hear that you like yours !
Happy Thanksgiving,
Jim

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Yes it has cast-off spacers, although I just started shooting mine as is out of the box and am more than happy with it. They sure as hell are not pretty, but they work. Started shooting it last winter and the K-80 has sat in the case since then and is up for sale. Recoil is minimal and is saving wear on the neck. Shooting better scores than with the K-80, probably because it is so much quicker to the target and I'm not being knocked out of the gun after the first shot. Another reason may be is that with a single barrel there is less out there to get in the way and distract me from looking at the target only. Sounds good anyway grin . The K-80 is one great shotgun, but xxxx's are more important than looking good.

Happy Thanksgiving to you also. PM on the way

Another reason I like it is that put a scratch on it and who cares? Ding up the K-80 a few times and it's off to be refinished. The X-cell is like a good hunting truck that just keeps on running and doing what it was made for. Not much for bling, but a solid work truck.

Last edited by battue; 11/20/12.

laissez les bons temps rouler
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
I just got an a400 excel about two weeks ago. I got the regular stock and 30" barrel. You can get the flat rib or stepped rib. I've wanted one for a while, but hated the blue receiver. Well, I gave in and bought one and I'm glad I did. It shoots really sweet. The recoil is really soft, even without the kick-off. I will say this, if you haven't seen one in person, the blue is not as bad as it looks in the pictures that you see. I was going to paint mine black, but haven't done it yet.

It does have cast-off spacers. It doesn't quite fit me perfectly, but it's really close. I need just a little more cast off. I was thinking about trying to put a little more taper on the shim and see how it does. I shoot it really well as it is, though.

I just got the gun and have only shot it a few hundred times, but I think the gas system is amazing. I'm quite happy with the purchase.

IC B2

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Oh yeah, one complaint, it has the worst trigger I have ever felt.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

605 members (1beaver_shooter, 240NMC, 007FJ, 257_X_50, 01Foreman400, 160user, 64 invisible), 2,286 guests, and 1,199 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,648
Posts18,455,427
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.