Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
WFR Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by GonHuntin
Rick

I visit a lot of sites and this is the only place I've ever had the redirect problem......I'm running a MAC......the problem IS on this site.

When it hits, it automatically opens windows at:

http://seth(dot)avazutracking(dot)net

Most of the time, if I close the window, it opens another, sometimes multiple windows.

If this was on my computer, it wouldn't only be happening on this site.

Same issues here.
I run CCleaner on a daily basis.
Running a PC with Firefox for browser.
Even after running CCleaner I had the same issue.

GB4 (EMPTY)

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
if you guys are using Firefox, the add on, "NoScript" is golden.

Sam......

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
I've been infected here several times in the last couple of weeks. Both on my home computer and work computer. It's pissin' me off.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I haven't had that problem yet, but of coarse I run Ad Block Plus.

de 73's Archie - W7ACT

[Linked Image]

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Just got it again......there was a game type advert on the right margin with a "play now" button floating on the ad......I didn't click or scroll over the ad.

IC B2

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Perusing the campfire I just had my anti-viruses alert me to another trojan which I had to delete. This is becoming a very infected site.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Adfender on both home and work computers, have not had any nasties on either.

And it is free.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
Couple of times something just opens a window repeatedly. Then after a couple times of closing the window, it goes away.

--- CAUGHT IN THE CROSSFIRE --- A Magic Time To Be An Illegal In America---
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
I havent seen it, but those Victoria Secret ads are on the side bar. blush LOL

Gunner

Trump Won!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I use Safari's version of adblock, and I never see this stuff on my Mac, hell, my Linux box is even safer.

Back in the heartland, Thank God!

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
OK Guys, I am going to need some help here. Screenshots please.

"What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives every thing its value. Heaven knows how to put a proper price upon its goods; and it would be strange indeed if so celestial an article as freedom should not be highly rated." Thomas Paine
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I had the same problem when I was running Internet Explorer. Since I started using Firefox, it get much less but still get a hit once in awhile on the popups.
I did set my popup blocker to stop them and that took it down to about once a week.

I have also gotten a number of infections from this site for sure. I've checked every other site I use and this is the one I always get the problems from.

Hope you find it Rick, but some of these new viruses are pretty well hidden unless a pro digs it out of the bushes.

Bob

Never underestimate your ability to overestimate your ability.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Having the same issues again as yesterday, just started again.

Only happens on the campfire. Running FireFox. Yesterday morning did my usual full virus scan and it came up clean. After visiting the fire I picked up 3 java exploits. Shut it down and cleaned it. Been good again till just now.

Yesterday when it happened I tried 24hourcampfire search from google and it came up with a flag telling me this was an untrusted site and to enter at my own risk.

Tried it again a few ago and it's not doing it anymore.

If it does it again I'm going to sit out till it's resolved.

Last edited by NathanL; 11/26/12.

Otto is my co-pilot.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Here's the site that came up with the exact link.

Pop Up

Otto is my co-pilot.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Screenshots are key. If people could snap screen shots of the stuff you are talking about it would go a long way to help in dealing with.

Some things for guys to know about virus's. There are virus's that attack the host file on your computer and it messes with your DNS settings.

I can manually do it on most anybodies computer but the way it works is the following.

All websites are basically an IP address. The host file tells your browser how to translate those www.blahblah.com addresses and convert them to an IP address. You can go into that file and manually tweak it so that some really interesting things happen.

I can make it so that every time you attempt to go to the campfire, it redirects and send you to www.oink.com instead. Or, I can make it just generate several different pop-ups.

These DNS tweaks would largely go undetected by an anti-virus program.

I only say all this to point out that it's quite possible to have these things happen only when you visit the campfire, and the problem still not be the campfire itself, but your computer.

"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." - John Adams

Turdlike, by default.
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
On multiple computers?

For us non-geeks it's the campfire that's fu.ckin this sh.it up.

If you came over to my house for dinner and got food poisoning it'd be my fault. I could give you food poisoning by cooking for you at Mannlichers house if I wanted to, but it'd still be my fault. We're eating at Casa De RickBin and that's what's payin' his bills. He needs to clean his kitchen. wink

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The only way I have been able to avoid it is to disable java when browsing the campfire and only the campfire. Once I get the popups I run my scanner and have the same 3 java exploits each time. I clean them and no problems again till I visit the fire.

Each time there is a different set of ads displayed.

This is the site in the screenshot.
Popup

Link to fullsize screenshot of popup

[Linked Image]

Last edited by NathanL; 11/26/12.

Otto is my co-pilot.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Reloading like crazy and I cannot make it happen here.

Please keep the screenshots coming. Also, is there a gamer ad in any of the regular zones? I see Zeiss, McMillan, MechanixWear, and Nikon in the normal zones.

"What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives every thing its value. Heaven knows how to put a proper price upon its goods; and it would be strange indeed if so celestial an article as freedom should not be highly rated." Thomas Paine
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
On multiple computers?

For us non-geeks it's the campfire that's fu.ckin this sh.it up.

If you came over to my house for dinner and got food poisoning it'd be my fault. I could give you food poisoning by cooking for you at Mannlichers house if I wanted to, but it'd still be my fault. We're eating at Casa De RickBin and that's what's payin' his bills. He needs to clean his kitchen. wink

Think of it like samenella poisoning. It usually originates at one farm but that farm distributes to 100 distributors and each of those distributors distribute to20 stores. You shop at one of those stores. Then you visit a non-infected store. You still have the infection even if the store doesn't. Just because you cough every time you enter that one non-infected store doesn't mean it's that store that is your problem. The problem came from somewhere else and is now in your body.

So, the answer to your question is, yes. Quite possible that several computers got the same samenella poisoning from different stores and only manifest here. That doesn't mean that the problem is here.

All that said, it's also quite possible that the problem is here. The only quandary that presents is why are only a dozen or so computers having problems when thousands are here daily? That leads me to believe that the source of the problem is not the Campfire.

All that to say, keep the information coming. The more blood Rick's hounds have to work with the better the chances they have at sniffing out the source.

"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." - John Adams

Turdlike, by default.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Rick, I did a little snooping and stumbled upon this...

http://malwareremoval.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=60560

It seems that Google Analytics has been a pathway for a rootkit virus. Most likely it didn't come from here but since Google Analytics is used here the rootkit redirects manifest here.

It's likely that similar results could be had on other sites that run Google Analytics with Java.

See what your hounds think...

Turdlike, by default.
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
696 members (160user, 12344mag, 12308300, 17CalFan, 16Racing, 1234, 67 invisible), 2,729 guests, and 1,273 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,621
Posts18,398,558
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

ROW 1
ROW 2
Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
ROW 3
Copyright © 2000-2023 24hourcampfire.com, Inc.  All Rights Reserved.
TD RANDOM