Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#7134877 12/02/12
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
I'm new to archery and just took my first deer with a bow in September. I would like to buy more arrows. I bought victory arrows when i bought the bow to save some money but now I would like some advice on other brands. Im shooting a Martin Prowler 28" draw, arrows are 350 spine 29". I used 85 grain muzzy 2 blade heads and was very happy with the performance so i will probably keep using them. I would like an arrow in the 350 range preferably made in the USA. I looked at the Carbon Express Pile-driver but they are foreign made.

The things that will destroy America are prosperity-at-any-price, peace-at-any-price, safety-first instead of duty-first, the love of soft living, and the get-rich-quick theory of life.
Theodore Roosevelt
BP-B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Easton Axis. 350 seems a fuzz stiff with that light of a BH. What is your draw weight? I'd think 400's would work better unless you're drawing 70+ lbs.

Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Draw is about 60# and yeah i have heard that 400 would be a better spine for my setup. the 350s shot so well i was reluctant to change too much at once but perhaps I will give 400s a go.

The things that will destroy America are prosperity-at-any-price, peace-at-any-price, safety-first instead of duty-first, the love of soft living, and the get-rich-quick theory of life.
Theodore Roosevelt
A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Carbon Express are South Korean made, but they are a great arrow. So are many of the broadheads on the market, the Slick Tricks that many of us like are imported German steel for their blades. Great to shop USA only, but you may be limited on selection. If you check the label on the major camo lines, they are nearly all made overseas, and imported by the label (Sitka, Scent Blocker, Cabelas, Dick's, etc).

If the product is on the shelf in your local store, the "overseas" sale has already been made. Just a thought...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by TwoSixtyFourWins
I'm new to archery and just took my first deer with a bow in September. I would like to buy more arrows. I bought victory arrows when i bought the bow to save some money but now I would like some advice on other brands. Im shooting a Martin Prowler 28" draw, arrows are 350 spine 29". I used 85 grain muzzy 2 blade heads and was very happy with the performance so i will probably keep using them. I would like an arrow in the 350 range preferably made in the USA. I looked at the Carbon Express Pile-driver but they are foreign made.

What's wrong with sticking with the Victory arrows? A good friend of mine turned me into them several years ago and I like the way they perform and so does he. We are currently shooting the V-1's.

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

IC B2

Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
As far as the camo clothing goes I'm painfully aware of most of it being made overseas. I prefer to support US companies when I can. I grew up shooting eastman aluminums but that was way before carbon arrows were popular. I don't know much about their arrows now but I saw some that were labeled Made in USA but kno nothing about them. I can't recall what model they were.

Theodore Roosevelt
A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Don't disagree, it's a good plan to follow.

Easton-Beman are good shafts as well, I've used the FMJs and the AAC, both are good arrows. My Pro Shop sells Carbon Express as their main line, so I prefer to support them.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I'd have to think the 400's may even be a bit on the stiff side - I like the ICS Bowhunters for a quality, budget arrow.

A true sportsman counts his achievements in proportion to the effort involved and fairness of the sport. - S. Pope
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
I have had great results with Gold Tip Velocity XT 400's.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
I have had great results with Gold Tip Velocity XT 400's.

IC B3

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Wood is good - still smile smile

Save an elk, shoot a cow.
X
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
X
I've shot various Carbon Express,Easton,Harvest Time,PSE,Beman and probably a few others I forgot. Truth be told,I can't tell much difference in any of them. SOmetimes I broke a couple and thought maybe they were a bit weaker than others,and then I'd put a couple more through hell and they held up fine. I shoot gophers quite a bit,which is very hard on arrows,what with all the rocks in the pasture out here.

I'm not a target shooter,so having arrows at .001 straightness vs .003 isn't going to show up in my shooting. Nowdays when it's time for a new dozen arrows,I start looking for sales. The best deal is what I come home with,most times. I did see some Carbon Impacts for cheap yesterday,but they are made in China so I didn't buy them. Maybe they are ok, but I haven't read much about them.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
660 members (160user, 10gaugeman, 12344mag, 10gaugemag, 17CalFan, 10ring1, 56 invisible), 2,236 guests, and 853 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,186,262
Posts18,371,910
Members73,765
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.