-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I will not buy another pair of extra tuffs, the last pair I bought lasted a whole week and fell apart. I here they have fixed the problem, but still. I have gone to wearing the LaCross with airbob sole, and love them. They are close to, if not equal to, extra tuffs on a boat, and they fit the ankle so much better. I will say that when the temp drops, those little extra tuff blue booties are the best at keeping your socks dry, and keeping those little piggies toasty.

Good luck, good hunting, and good times.
GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by wildchild2010
The his of the XTRATUF thread.. Do the XTRATUF run big or size for size?

I think they are pretty close, note you will need felt insoles.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by m_stevenson
Piss off dimmocrap

Mark
He's not worth the bandwidth...

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
M
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
M
Yes Art, you are correct. Sometimes though, the urge to verbally slap them overcomes me. I'll not waste any more on the troll.

Mark

NRA Life Member
Anytime anyone kicks cancers azz is a good day!

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Oh The Drama!
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by glenninjuneau
I will not buy another pair of extra tuffs, the last pair I bought lasted a whole week and fell apart. I here they have fixed the problem, but still. I have gone to wearing the LaCross with airbob sole, and love them. They are close to, if not equal to, extra tuffs on a boat, and they fit the ankle so much better. I will say that when the temp drops, those little extra tuff blue booties are the best at keeping your socks dry, and keeping those little piggies toasty.
Were the ones that lasted a week were they made in the USA or in china?

IC B2

Ray Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I find XTRATUF boots too narrow. It's not that I have wide feet, but that with wide boots, specially uninsulated ones, I can wear thick synthetic socks when it gets colder during moose season. Narrow boots sort of constrict my feet and slow blood flow, which in turn makes my feet cold.

So, I went with Bogs boots. These are a wide, and the soles are more rigid and flat, which makes walking comfortable.

Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
My last pair set a record for falling apart. If the chinese glue isn't available here, its because it sucks. They used to last me at least a year or two. Last pair, 6 months and the sole has come unglued, the rand is seperating from the sole all around and they cracked real quick.

If you only wear them occasionally they should last a while.

Anyway, uninsulated, wool socks and I buy them a size smaller than my usual boot/shoes.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
L
las Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Originally Posted by wildchild2010
Originally Posted by Sitka deer
and fit "in" in Homer...
Sayin' peoples in Homers are gay? grin

Quite a few are. We don't hold it against them.... (kof, kof).

Mostly we refer to all residents of Homer as Homeroids. smile

My pair of (US-made)X-tra-tuffs are about 8 years old now and doing OK - showing scuff, fading and wear. Bought as "Seconds" at Sweeneys in Soldotna for $50 - didn't figure the slight off-color would affect their integrity, and it hasn't.. Having learned from earlier pairs (2 over the previous 30 years), I don't wear or keep them folded down, except to dry. My use isn't too excessive- maybe only 30 days a year. Last time I wore them was a month ago, on an ATV trip in 20 degree weather as the Tundra was freezing up- ya never know at that time when you might break thru to water in the low spots...

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

I've had the same 3 pair for a long, long time. One pair regular un-insulated, one insulated and corked, one un-insulated and corked. I don't log or commercial fish anymore, so they don't get worn every day like they used to. Hopefully they will last me another 10 years or so.

Z
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Z
New xtratuf boots suck! I used to be able to get 2000 hours of wear out of a pair. The last pair I just bought blew apart in about two weeks. It's really unfortunate because they have the best tread pattern for safely negotiating a slippery slimy fishing boat deck. Does anybody know of another option? I was really depressed when they went to china for manufacture. When you spend all day every day in your boots you learn to appreciate a good pair.

IC B3

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Originally Posted by wyodeerhunter
Originally Posted by m_stevenson
Hey sock puppet, go crap on your own thrad , not mine thanks.

obama's going to take your guns!!!!!!!

I have been watching this thread turn from one about foot wear into something political and nasty? I don't get it?? Are ExtraTufs a political statement or are yu guys always pissed off?

Geeee...

Last edited by northwestalaska; 12/10/12.
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

584 members (17CalFan, 12344mag, 10gaugemag, 007FJ, 10Glocks, 1234, 73 invisible), 2,460 guests, and 1,240 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,667
Posts18,455,828
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.