Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
P
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P
A ten year old and a PCP hand pump?
I am surprised that no one has commented. The pumps are a lot of work. It isn't like pumping up a bicycle tire. Even the Benjamin runs at 2000 psi. Others go at 3000 psi. Not easy to do.
pete

To be on the wire is life. The rest is waiting.
Karl Wallenda
BP-B2

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
check this one out, not mine, but looks to be a great deal.
http://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/vbclassified.php?do=ad&id=54662

"...One Nation under God, indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for All"

JeffG
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I would recommend you get your hands on one of those M52's before you buy one. They are a very big and heavy rifle. Powerful and accurate when shot properly - that kind of power is best served in .22 cal and by an experienced airgunner IMO.

PCP's are cool but you have to get the air in them somehow - hard to beat a springer for simple shooting.

A true sportsman counts his achievements in proportion to the effort involved and fairness of the sport. - S. Pope
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Most PCP guns are noisier the firearms. Some have builtin moderators. 17 cal pellet guns with moderators are legal.

[Linked Image from ]
FVA Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by ConradCA
Most PCP guns are noisier the firearms. Some have builtin moderators. 17 cal pellet guns with moderators are legal.

Noisier than firearms? Are you implying larger than .17 cal with moderators aren't legal?
Kinda scratching my head here.
I'll give you that the more powerful PCP's unmoderated can be as loud as low powered .22 rimfires.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I had one of these and they are awesome. Almost as capable as a 22lr.

The Career 707 blew the doors off the PCP market when it was introduced in the US in the 1990s. Even after all these years, this airgun continues to be a favorite among hunters.

The variable power levels give you a huge range of energy for taking small- and medium-sized game at distances previously reserved only for firearms. The gun is manufactured by ShinSung, a Korean company that knows what hunters need and want, because Koreans have been using the Career far longer to hunt all types of game.

The Monte Carlo Indonesian hardwood stock has a raised cheekpiece and checkering on the wrist (directly above the lever). The forearm also has checkering to ensure a firm grip when you're in the thick of things. The lever-action cocking mechanism works quickly, smoothly and effortlessly as you chamber each pellet from the multi-shot magazine.

The number of shots you can load in the mag depends on the length of the pellets, but most people load about 6 pellets (although you can fit 10 Crosman Premiers!). Longer ones take up more room, so you won't be able to load as many. Extra mags are available for pre-loading so you always have followup shots. The rifle cannot feed pointed pellets, so select either wadcutters or domed ammo.

The built-in manometer (air pressure gauge) shows you how much air remains in the two built-in air reservoirs, located directly below the barrel. This air rifle was the first to offer adjustable velocities with its integral power wheel. Adjust the wheel to accommodate heavy or light pellets, long or short distances and the type of game you're shooting. The gun adjusts to YOUR needs instead of the other way around! Max velocity is 1,250 fps in .22 cal. and 1,000 fps in .25 cal. You'll get up to 20 full-power shots.

The two-stage trigger can be adjusted to your shooting preference. The front sight is a hunting-style ramp with a bead, and the rear sight is fully adjustable. The Career 707 is known for its accuracy, so you'll want to seriously consider mounting a quality scope on the 11mm rails. A hard Plano rifle case (PL1531) is strongly suggested.
Don't forget to click on the AMMO link for a list of suggested wadcutter and domed pellets. Check the ACCESSORIES link for hand pumps, scopes, fun targets and safety gear you'll need.

[Linked Image from ]
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
As I said 17 cal pellet guns are legal. A PCP is louder than a 22lr.

[Linked Image from ]
FVA Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by ConradCA
As I said 17 cal pellet guns are legal. A PCP is louder than a 22lr.

Few PCP's ,even unmoderated, are louder than a 22LR.

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
For my money I just can't say enough good things about the RWS sidelever rifles. Like any spring piston rifle, they require a little more instruction for a youngun, but they are powerful, easy to use, and frankly, look great. They are full size rifles though, might be a bit much for a small youth to handle. On the flip side though, their weight and balance will prepare him for the transition to a full size rifle.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
650 members (1234, 257 roberts, 1lessdog, 2500HD, 257Bob, 257 mag, 73 invisible), 2,744 guests, and 1,290 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,648
Posts18,399,130
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.