Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1,340 of 1,842 1 2 1338 1339 1340 1341 1342 1841 1842
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Dusty would not approve of giving up anything. He'd pull out a new pistol or wheel gun, have that gleam in his eye and his dang smile. Once you saw that smile, it changed your mood to good, no matter what.

Here he is, doing what he did...
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Last edited by tzone; 04/15/14.

Camp is where you make it.
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I remember that top pic Tom, if it's the day I'm thinking of, didn't Missy fall in the swamp and almost spill her beer? smile

Chickenbuck welcomed me in while I was in need of a home away from home. I was in college, just out of the Navy. I had a 5 month old and was miserable in my marriage. Dave invited me up to LOW for a fishing excursion. even though I broke one of his favorite rods, he invited me back up for hunting and berry picking. I honestly don't know how I would have made it back then without the support of ma and pa chickenbuck. I don't even think they know how much good they did for me and my soul. they hold a special place in my heart and I hope they can make it out here sometime so I can return the favor in being the host.

We are in the same boat. snowglobe sums it up nicely. we're trying to get our house on the market so we can upgrade to something bigger, 10 hours a day at work, then soccer practice and make supper while mama does homework (last class thankfully), try to work on house projects after. both of us unhappy with our jobs in one way or another in a small town that is a little....off we'll say. planning the wedding for july and still trying to stay sane with it all. and that doesn't include personal stuff thrown on top of it.
Is it hunting season yet? Dave, you coming this year?

Beware of any old man in a profession where one usually dies young.

Calm seas don't make sailors.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A Chickenbuck meeting will surely be dictated by road conditions. Anyone who has had the pleasure of visiting will know that! smile

I'm in for whatever & am close enough to ND to even give him a hand preparing. I'm sure we'll figure out some way to get down that road......

Do not feed the bear!

White Bear sometimes treads on thin ice...
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Oh we'll make it in there, no prob.

Even if we have to park trucks out at the old logging landing and ride ATV's in the last 3/4 mile or use black betty as a shuttle we'll get in to camp.

grin

Originally Posted by Colorado1135
even though I broke one of his favorite rods,

Seriously, you gotta let that go man..

LMAO!!

I think it broke before you even touched it.

grin

Made me laugh this morning, I forgot all about that stupid rod and how bad you felt, lol.

Something clever here.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
If I've learned anything over the years it's that life is not easy for anyone. We all face adversity of one kind or another our entire lives. It's how we handle the adversity that either makes us stronger or beats us down.

I had to say good bye to my long time friend RC this past weekend. We shared many a deer camp and grouse hunts together, until failing health forced him to give up hunting. That was 8 years ago.

Since than RC and I met with others on almost daily basis over a cup of coffee reliving old times and ragging on current issues.

Unfortunately RC's health continued to decline to the point that he had to go into a nursing home. Several weeks into his stay he no longer recognized us when we came to visit. That was a real kick in the teeth.

I miss my friend, but I know that he's in a much better place and refuse to let his passing drag me down. I know he's up there watching with that big smile on his face waiting for me to muff a shot so he can say laughingly "ya missed, dumb chit".

Now for todays weather report. It snowed. Rain/sleet on the way.

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except for bears. Bears kill you.
IC B2

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Very sorry for your loss Bill.

And for the gloomy weather too.

Here, Pam captured some neat images of these kwack berds yesterday. They are copies of her facebook posts transferred from my iphone to my photobucket so the image quality is reduced, hopefully they don't suffer too bad when I post them.

These two seem to think spring is coming.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Something clever here.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
That pic was about an hour before she sunk in the mud and made a new "mud camo" pattern on her new blaze orange jacket. smile

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
I have a picture of that somewhere.

Something clever here.

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
[Linked Image]

Something clever here.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
The lady has a real talent with a camera. Pam and my DIL, Michelle should get together and compare notes.

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except for bears. Bears kill you.
IC B3

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Is that photo (muddy missy) rotated the right direction? It's sideways on my screen but I edited in photobucket before posting, rotated it correctly, looks right in photobucket but it shows up sideways for me here.

Something clever here.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
What the heck happened to that road? Is the state in there logging again?

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Oh it's just always a mess in the spring. I really don't expect it to be that bad.

It wasn't horrible last fall at freeze up, and when the frost goes out, the ground out there takes the surface water in really fast. (sand)

Something clever here.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
I won't be very well equiped for the spring trip, but by fall I should be. smile I'll have the 78 or some other truck. The plan is to get a truck in late summer. The exploder is shrinking as the kids are growing.

and you don't realize how much you use a truck bed until you don't have one. smile

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Those are fantastic pictures. That drake is so clear it looks fake. Amazing Pam!

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
If the quality is reduced on those pictures the originals must be absolutley amazing. They look like they are about to take off.
Bill

You do not have to have had a psychotic episode to work here, it just saves time!
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by CharlieFoxtrot
That was a very touching post Dave.

I think we've all been where you are at one time or another. Something that helps me get through the day is that I remind myself that someone has it worse off than me and I should count my lucky stars that I have my family, my health, and a roof over my head. The rest will figure itself out. As they say, the pendulum always swings back the other way.

As for Dusty, it's ok to feel loss. His legacy are the nails that hold Camp Chickenbuck together. You gave him life again. Chickenbuck gave him purpose. My father lost his youngest son three months before Waylon. For seven years my dad has been a shell of the man he once was. Gave up hunting, golf, just about everything. He has essentially stopped living after my brothers passing. Chickenbuck was Uncle Dusty's renewal and he grabbed it with a passion, as evidenced by the art on his forearm.

This thread helps my healing, even though I've never had the pleasure of meeting any one of you in person. I hope we can have many more talks over "coffee at the cafe". It certainly brightens my day.

Charlie,

Here, here.

Could not agree more !

Thanks again Camp ChickenBuck.

Paul.

"Kids who grow up hunting, fishing & trapping, do not mug little old Ladies"
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Sorry for your loss Bill. frown

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Greenheads in the spring are awesome. The green is so vibrant. My late cousin in-law/taxidermist once told me (tongue in cheek) that if I want a good Mallard mount to get one in the spring. I never did of course but I see where he was coming from. He was about as good a guy as they come and died way too soon from a brain tumor in his forties. Crazy how the really good ones are the first to go sometimes.

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by Bill_55
If the quality is reduced on those pictures the originals must be absolutley amazing. They look like they are about to take off.
Bill

Yeah, no kidding!

Page 1,340 of 1,842 1 2 1338 1339 1340 1341 1342 1841 1842

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

605 members (007FJ, 10ring1, 160user, 12344mag, 10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 55 invisible), 2,757 guests, and 1,242 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,572
Posts18,453,856
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.