Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
R
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
R
I can tell you because I still have the recipt, that in 1993 a 6601 Colt cost $649 + Tax.

And arent ruger mini's still $350-$400?

I have always liked the mini BECAUSE is doesnt look black. The same reason I like SKS rifles.
A cursory clance from an onlooker doesnt cause them to dive behind a wall and dial 911. It looks like a "huntin rifle".
And like it or not public perception can hurt us.

TRUMP- GABBARD 2024
BP-B2

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by ringworm
Originally Posted by dogcatcher223
I know a cop who is actually stressing about all this. He told a friend that they are scared they are going to be told to go round up certain guns. He said the whole force will quit, because he isn't taking a bullet over this.

buy him one of these...
[Linked Image]

Aint nobody "rounding up" [bleep] from 62 million people.

Damn right!!! I just bought another 9mm and will be getting some more hi cap mags too.....

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Damn right!!! I just bought another 9mm and will be getting some more hi cap mags too.....

Join the fools. have you ever needed a hi cap Mag? get f'n real.
Send $$ to the victims fund. Listen to what comes from this story.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by RWE
Lauren's undying support goes to pre-64 Winchesters.

He's apathetic if anything else gets confiscated.

Originally Posted by lauren
I can't stand the f'n things myself....
If it ain't in the Madis Book, I don't like it.

People buy AR's to compensate for something. I would assume perhaps fear plays arole. Sure as sh.. ain't buying them for their usefulness or aesthetics.

I watch people buy all kinds of stupid sh...

Yes,i am a gun snob. I still wonder about people that buy those things.

Given that in the early days, the Mod 70 was issued to the USMC as a sniper rifle, I wonder if he will be selling his and getting say a Model 94?

But wait, they were issued to the US Army at one stage...perhaps he should get a black powder front stuffer?? Nope, seems folks used these to kill each other in great numbers also..

Last edited by Pete E; 12/19/12.
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B

Join the fools. have you ever needed a hi cap Mag? get f'n real.
Send $$ to the victims fund. Listen to what comes from this story.

You are a troll and do nothing but stir up trouble. Just leave like the others have...We don't need your kind here!! POS..

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
IC B2

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
You need to hear it, sonny.

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
The fox news last night said obama was gonna stand with fienstein and will ban "ALL GUNS"this time!
Especially those "evil handguns"

Last edited by Kennesaw; 12/19/12.

Frank Glaser,Alaska Wolfman:"with a lung shot on hoofed game the .220 Swift killed quicker than any other gun I ever owned."That included caribou,moose,wolf,and sheep.
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R

What you need to hear is a good dose of common sense.

Its the indian and not the arrow dude. When you figure that out you can come on back... in the meantime you need to do some learning.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T

Have you ever "needed" that piece of dogshit pre-64?

Weapons are something you buy, hoping you don't NEEDthem.

R
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Kennesaw
The fox news last night said obama was gonna stand with fienstein and will ban "ALL GUNS"this time!

Good.
I have been waitifor this chit for years.
My generations prohibition. I am gonna be fking rich like the kennedies and my granchildren will be politicans and presidents.
Go to go order that lathe and case of gorrilla glue so I can start making AK's.
I'm RICH B1TCH!!

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Still nothing from Ruger?

“Live free or die. Death is not the worst of evils.” - General
John Stark.
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Ruger is in Southport about 40 miles south of newtown.They are stunned and stung. Imo

N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
The SR-556 is a small thing for Ruger, considering its market share Ruger wouldn't be amiss in dropping it if the AR-15 market went south, so its not crazy that Ruger might have evaluated the costs of stopping production.

As for a press release, I can't see much up side for a gun maker putting its name out there right now whether is annoucing dropping a product or standing by one. More likely Ruger is seeing which way the wind is blowing.

I doubt that Ruger is that stunned, Yes they are close to Newtown, but they have had several days to think things through and come up with a set of responses. As far as legislation and any possible changes those are still unclear so its likely wait and see at Ruger. Smart move if you ask me.

The collection of taxes which are not absolutely required, which do not beyond reasonable doubt contribute to public welfare, is only a species of legalized larceny. Under this Republic the rewards of industry belong to those who earn them. Coolidge
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Ruger manufactures almost everything in AZ, if I recall correctly.

“Live free or die. Death is not the worst of evils.” - General
John Stark.
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
The Boss was from Southport.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Ruger is in Southport about 40 miles south of newtown.They are stunned and stung. Imo

Stunned and stung from what?

Ford and Chevy quit building cars because they were used in DUIs? Pharmacies close because of illegal drug use? And so on.

Were I ruger, I'd offer nothing other than we are sorry to hear about the murder of innocent people by a deranged lunatic.
Has nothing to do with the guns.

Now how is the fishing?

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by 270Mag
Not anti-Second Amendment. Just anti assault rifle. Never agreed with the proliferation of the damned things.

Here's the "conservative-republican former USAF serviceman, NRA-member pro-gun" 270Mag's e-mail to me earlier.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by ringworm
Originally Posted by Kennesaw

Good.
I have been waitifor this chit for years.
My generations prohibition. I am gonna be fking rich like the kennedies and my granchildren will be politicans and presidents.
Go to go order that lathe and case of gorrilla glue so I can start making AK's.
I'm RICH B1TCH!!

If they ban all guns, its time to ban all politicians.

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
The NRA, Bushmaster, Ruger etc, ought to release a statement that mentions every current law that this psychopath broke in commiting this crime.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by 65x47L
Originally Posted by 270Mag
Not anti-Second Amendment. Just anti assault rifle. Never agreed with the proliferation of the damned things.

Here's the "conservative-republican former USAF serviceman, NRA-member pro-gun" 270Mag's e-mail to me earlier.

Wonder what assault weapon the nazis mainly used in WW2......people are just stupid. They can't see through the fog.

Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
717 members (117LBS, 10gaugemag, 12344mag, 01Foreman400, 10Glocks, 78 invisible), 2,677 guests, and 1,314 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,686
Posts18,399,755
Members73,820
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.