Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by ringworm
Originally Posted by dogcatcher223
No the mini will be thier bread and butter if they can get the the mags down to $15. All they have to do is drop the FH and thier gun is 94 AWB legal. No bayo lug, not pistol grip, no collapsing stock.

You are assuming that the next "assault weapons ban" will be identical as the first. I have a feeling they are going after all semi-autos this time...

I hope so. that will make the attempt even more futile. I hope the go after revolvers and shotguns and fk airsoft guns. I hope they try to ban sticks shapd like guns...nerf, water pistols.
I hope they get on TV and let America hear how fking stupid they are to think they can do anything about 350,000,000 + firearms in the hands of 1/3 of the population. thats a pretty large fkin demographic group.
Agree with that.

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
On second thought.......

I'd rather Ruger decide not to make the SR-556 than the government. If it's all about freedom, then they should be free to sell what they want.

At least it doesn't chip away at 2A, just their market share...

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Comradette Laurenski,
Come on by Dherzhinski Square, we have some vodka for you.

Up hills slow,
Down hills fast
Tonnage first and
Safety last.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by David_Walter
I sent them an e-mail. I'll post if I get a response.

My Google-fu is strong, and I can't find even a suggestion that Ruger is stopping anything.

see this: http://news.investors.com/business/...-sturm-ruger-smith-and-wesson-plunge.htm

Anybody seen anything one way or the other about Ruger?

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
[quote=dogcatcher223]I know a cop who is actually stressing about all this. He told a friend that they are scared they are going to be told to go round up certain guns. He said the whole force will quit, because he isn't taking a bullet over this.[/quote

Actually a few of our guys were talking about that with the capt. Tonight at roll call. I think 90% of the dept owns atleast one aR platform, I have two. My doublestar, m4. And a rock river Fred eichler, that I use to hunt predators....sh don't tell that to the senator who said noone hunts with an AR. Our capts words to us were that should an order ever come like that it is our jobs to uphold the constituion of the United States.

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by lauren
Mr, Ruger is/was a good man. We all need to clean up our sh...
I like Ruger's, and I generally don''t like anything post '64

I definitely have nothing to do with guns made for killing people.

I just got butchered by a doctor today , Im in a lot of pain but alcohol and pain killers help. You sir just made me LMFAO.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Rick n Tenn
Originally Posted by lauren
Mr, Ruger is/was a good man. We all need to clean up our sh...
I like Ruger's, and I generally don''t like anything post '64

I definitely have nothing to do with guns made for killing people.

I just got butchered by a doctor today , Im in a lot of pain but alcohol and pain killers help. You sir just made me LMFAO.
Hope everything is OK.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I have a friend who bought a SR-556 when they were first released. He is pissed because he has been to 3 gunshows and can't get half what he paid for it.

As far as the Mini 14 goes its crude when compared to an AR-15. They were not bad when you could buy one for $350.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
[quote) Our capts words to us were that should an order ever come like that it is our jobs to uphold the constituion of the United States. [/quote]

And I hope his next words were: to go and arrest those in government willing to impose such an illegal act.

My home is the "sanctuary residence" for my firearms.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by dogcatcher223
No the mini will be thier bread and butter if they can get the the mags down to $15. All they have to do is drop the FH and thier gun is 94 AWB legal. No bayo lug, not pistol grip, no collapsing stock.

You are assuming that the next "assault weapons ban" will be identical as the first. I have a feeling they are going after all semi-autos this time...

Exactly! And may I add that Colt or Ruger were never our friends in the gun rights fight.

If you don't think our enemies haven't learned anything from the last AWB, you are sadly mistaken or stupid.

Diane Feinswine was on the Sunday morning talking heads show speaking about how she had been working on a new AWB bill for over the last year, waiting fopr the right time to file it.

Now you have to ask your self what was the right time to file in her mind? Contingent on Obama's reelection? Or perhaps a deep enough pool of blood to dance around in? In either case, she has gotten her "right time" and the battle is going to get ugly.

You can also bet that she has probably enlisted the help of traitorous advisors who actually know guns to help her out on the wording and you can also be that magazines and cosmetic features aren't going to be the only thing affected by her proposed bill. It will also address function which was what the enemy camp was later disappointed about over the bill when it finally went into effect.

And to all you treasonous, elitist [bleep]' Fudds out there that are ready to throw us under the bus, just remember that your precious bolt-action hunting rifles were the the assault weapons of their day and that every advancement made in firearms technology was motivated by military need and application.

So you need to decide now whether you are going to stand with us to defend all gun rights or you aere going to let us twist in the breeze. Because you can bet your ass that as soon as the precedent has been set for a ban on one class of firearms, they'll come after your's next.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
IC B3

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by gitem_12
[quote=dogcatcher223]I know a cop who is actually stressing about all this. He told a friend that they are scared they are going to be told to go round up certain guns. He said the whole force will quit, because he isn't taking a bullet over this.[/quote

Actually a few of our guys were talking about that with the capt. Tonight at roll call. I think 90% of the dept owns atleast one aR platform, I have two. My doublestar, m4. And a rock river Fred eichler, that I use to hunt predators....sh don't tell that to the senator who said noone hunts with an AR. Our capts words to us were that should an order ever come like that it is our jobs to uphold the constituion of the United States.
Good for him.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
I have a friend who bought a SR-556 when they were first released. He is pissed because he has been to 3 gunshows and can't get half what he paid for it.

As far as the Mini 14 goes its crude when compared to an AR-15. They were not bad when you could buy one for $350.
Back then, $350 was worth about $1500 in today's dollars.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by stevelyn

So you need to decide now whether you are going to stand with us to defend all gun rights or you aere going to let us twist in the breeze. Because you can bet your ass that as soon as the precedent has been set for a ban on one class of firearms, they'll come after your's next.
Absolutely right.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
TRH, I have to say I agree with a few things in here you have said, and i think that means I.need a vacation.

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I am going to call them tomorrow and voice my concerns.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
It does chip away at the second amendment in a sense; Ruger is basically throwing in the towel and giving the Anti's a walk to first base. It makes Ruger look like they were doing something wrong or manufacturing a rifle not suitable for anyone except mass murderers. It's a very stupid move, but I guess they are trying to stop the drop in share prices for their stock.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Not to mention that Ruger is also based in CT.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
A
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A
Time to send emails....

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I was gonna buy an SP101 for CCW, but if this turns out to be true, I won't be giving Ruger any of my money.

Last edited by WyColoCowboy; 12/18/12.

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

[Linked Image]
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

Back then, $350 was worth about $1500 in today's dollars.

agreed!

Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

619 members (12344mag, 160user, 19rabbit52, 10Glocks, 219DW, 16penny, 54 invisible), 2,032 guests, and 1,153 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,239
Posts18,447,836
Members73,899
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.