T
Not nuts, stupid.

BP-B2

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
STG 44?

If there's one thing I've become certain of it's that there's too much certainty in the world.
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
That wasn't standard, bud.

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Just trying to use some of that military trivia I've got kicking around in my head.

If there's one thing I've become certain of it's that there's too much certainty in the world.
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
coulda went there too, was in my mind when posting, didn't figure a fellow campfire member would feel the need to pick nits.

But yes, certainly not standard issue at all.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
IC B2

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Originally Posted by rost495
coulda went there too, was in my mind when posting, didn't figure a fellow campfire member would feel the need to pick nits.

But yes, certainly not standard issue at all.

Don't worry, I got your back on where you were going. Like I said to 65x47L that was mostly me getting to pull a piece of usually useless trivia out of my muddled mess of a brain. smile

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
It was bolt-action wink.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Ruger caved before their is no reason they shouldn't cave again. They just need to smell a government contract promise under their nose.

NRA Lifetime Member
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by 17ACKLEYBEE
Ruger caved before their is no reason they shouldn't cave again. They just need to smell a government contract promise under their nose.

Ruger caved? Caved to what?

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by deflave

Travis

Ruger received criticism from gun owners for suggesting that rather than ban guns, that Congress should outlaw magazines holding more than 15 rounds.[8] On March 30, 1989, Bill Ruger sent a letter to every member of the US Congress stating:

"The best way to address the firepower concern is therefore not to try to outlaw or license many millions of older and perfectly legitimate firearms (which would be a licensing effort of staggering proportions) but to prohibit the possession of high capacity magazines. By a simple, complete and unequivocal ban on large capacity magazines, all the difficulty of defining 'assault rifle' and 'semi-automatic rifles' is eliminated. The large capacity magazine itself, separate or attached to the firearm, becomes the prohibited item. A single amendment to Federal firearms laws could effectively implement these objectives."

William B. Ruger[9]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_B._Ruger

IC B3

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Anybody have their email address?

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
You have to go to the site, hit the contact tab on the top right, talk to the CEO, and an on-line form drops down.

“Live free or die. Death is not the worst of evils.” - General
John Stark.
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by 700LH
Originally Posted by deflave

Travis

Ruger received criticism from gun owners for suggesting that rather than ban guns, that Congress should outlaw magazines holding more than 15 rounds.[8] On March 30, 1989, Bill Ruger sent a letter to every member of the US Congress stating:

"The best way to address the firepower concern is therefore not to try to outlaw or license many millions of older and perfectly legitimate firearms (which would be a licensing effort of staggering proportions) but to prohibit the possession of high capacity magazines. By a simple, complete and unequivocal ban on large capacity magazines, all the difficulty of defining 'assault rifle' and 'semi-automatic rifles' is eliminated. The large capacity magazine itself, separate or attached to the firearm, becomes the prohibited item. A single amendment to Federal firearms laws could effectively implement these objectives."

William B. Ruger[9]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_B._Ruger

Reading his crap again twists my gut into knots knowing well he sold gun owners down the road for no reason other than to maintain his profits.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Ruger has no press release stating anyting of the sort.
So far this is just rumor ran on emotion.
Could be or not, 24hour rumor mill at work

R
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
To my knowledge the only government contract ruger ever held was the P89's they sold to the Marshalls a decade ago.
Its not like they have the ability or capacity to actually make a product that would pass military test trails. Can you imagine running the mini through the T&E for an army contract?

TRUMP- GABBARD 2024
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Email sent to Ruger.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
SR-556 Carbine is still listed on their web site with a order tab

http://www.ruger.com/products/sr556Carbine/models.html

Isn't gonna matter now, cause the world damn world is gonna end day after tomorrow, Aztecs say so, and like big foot you know it's so.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I received this email response from Mike Filson at Ruger

"I think everyone should take a cautious approach to believing internet rumors. This one is false, as I imagine most rumors are these days.

R
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Slidellkid
I received this email response from Mike Filson at Ruger

"I think everyone should take a cautious approach to believing internet rumors. This one is false, as I imagine most rumors are these days.

How do we know that your post is true and you didnt make it up? confused

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
wgaff, It's nice to hear you whacko's dissing Bill Ruger. Good to know. And who are you? who?

Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
700 members (160user, 12344mag, 10gaugemag, 1Akshooter, 10Glocks, 1beaver_shooter, 75 invisible), 3,069 guests, and 1,418 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,679
Posts18,399,604
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.