Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
D
djs Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
RE the topic of the lady, her guns and mentally incapacitated son. Where was her safe? Did she have one? Did the kid know the combination? A lot of questions, few answers to date.

GB1

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by lauren
People buy AR's to compensate for something. I would assume perhaps fear plays arole. Sure as sh.. ain't buying them for their usefulness or aesthetics.

I watch people buy all kinds of stupid sh...

Yes,i am a gun snob. I still wonder about people that buy those things.

You are also a fool.

Old Corps

Semper Fi

Get off my lawn.

FJB
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by JSTUART
Originally Posted by Ken Howell
Originally Posted by Pete E
� Ken,

With respect, you are missing the point. �

Pard, you've either read something that I didn't say into what I did say,
or
you haven't the faintest glimmmer of a clue what I was talking about,
or
both.

I missed whatever point that you're referring-to in the same sense that I missed the point that Sam and Sue Whoo were fighting about, six blocks from some place where I've never been, however-several years ago.

The only point that my post addressed was the point that my post addressed.

The only amphitheater or atmosphere that it pertained-to was only what I referred-to � the weird labyrinth between my ears.

I was neither regarding nor dismissing the "point" of anything that anybody else was discussing right then.

So your comment is as irrelevant as the Trailways schedule between Cheaha and Loachapoka.

Convoluted, but I believe that I can assist with simplification......Ken meant to say "[bleep] off and annoy someone else".

Which is really odd for Ken, he is generally much nicer than that.... smile

Really? Ken is an old [bleep], talking head how's kids will not even visit him.

He's about as vile a person as any I know, but he tries to come of as the 'woe is me, I spit my food out and [bleep] in a bag, but I love Christ'

He is living proof that the good die young.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
D
djs Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
I've always found Ken Howell to be a rational person (although we differ on some issues). You are dead wrong.

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
I've always considered you to be a liberal, stupid, SOB. Your affirmation of Kenny [bleep] only helps to reaffirm my take on you.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
IC B2

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by lauren
It was a big mistake. Wrong gun wrong person. You sell guns?
Just a small issue on the path to 26 dead.

If I sold a car to parent whose underage daughter later took the keys, drank, got loaded, and then drove into a crowd killing several, what say you then?

its the same thing. (yes, it is)

You are being emotional. Yep. I said it.

Last edited by Crockettnj; 12/19/12.

Originally Posted by Archerhunter

Quit giving in inch by inch then looking back to lament the mile behind ya and wonder how to preserve those few feet left in front of ya. They'll never stop until they're stopped. That's a fact.
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Steelie - were you born an azzhole, or did you work to develop that trait?

Mark

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀Ën Labé Skýla~
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
whose

Originally Posted by Archerhunter

Quit giving in inch by inch then looking back to lament the mile behind ya and wonder how to preserve those few feet left in front of ya. They'll never stop until they're stopped. That's a fact.
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
She was getting $289.000.00 alimoney from her husband. probably feared him or a hit man would visit her.. eek

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Steelhead
I've always considered you to be a liberal, stupid, SOB. Your affirmation of Kenny [bleep] only helps to reaffirm my take on you.

*** You are ignoring this user ***
Toggle the display of this post

What a great day, another piece of foul trash weeded out.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RyanTX
Originally Posted by ringworm
and handgun is considered an automatic. VS a revolver. Not a "select fire" like a G18. A STD clip fed pistol is called automatic.

Never seen a clip fed pistol, all of mine use a magazine. I'd love to see some pics of your clip fed pistols.

Here you go... wink

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J2a5N7ftQ5g

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQyq5CSuVN8

This will convince you there were clip-loaded "automatics". grin

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionaryâ€

R
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
R
Very cool, thanks for sharing, although I doubt that's what he was referring to in his post.

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same." - Ronald Reagan
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I've been reading through this a bit. At the risk of throwing gasoline on it, let me make a couple observations.

I agree that there is something not right in the whole story. I have a son, Junior. He's on the autism scale. He had a lot of impulse problems when he was younger. As he's grown, he has mellowed out tremendously.

Of course, we here at the shamanic hermitage are all shooters. The question was what to with #1 son and firearms. For one thing, we kept to pretty strict standards: Firearms in a locked vault, ammo in another locked cabinet. #1 did not have access to the keys. We saved our shooting trips for the weekends we did not have #1 along. #1 never shot firearms until after he was 21, etc.

I'm sorry, but having gone through over 20 years of this sort of thing and seeing what was at risk, I would have been extremely hesitant to put an unstable kid and firearms together.

Our family firearms training started when the kids were small. I bought #1 and #2 each a Daisy Training Rifle. They had all kinds of toys, but these rifles were different. They had to be treated as real firearms. #2 caught on right away. #1? It was heartbreaking to see you oldest son take everything resembling a gun and put it up to his head and practice suicide. That was it for #1 and firearms.

I did make a point to show #1 a few firearms at times. He was free to ask anytime for a firearm to be brought out to examine. He was mostly bored with it.

Last year, #1 finally had a chance to fire a real firearm on a family outing. I stayed close to him and helped him through it. He shot a 9mm pistol, handed it back to me, and said he was satisfied. He didn't like it and didn't need to try it again. #1 loves the farm, loves coming to Deer Camp. That's about it. My guess is the world is a bit safer for it.

Now, how a mother with a son as disabled as this one-- so bad she's warning the baby sitter not to turn her back-- allow him easy access to her firearm collection is beyond me.

Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries Lighthearted Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

571 members (1234, 06hunter59, 17CalFan, 10gaugeman, 10ring1, 160user, 53 invisible), 1,961 guests, and 1,047 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,187
Posts18,465,760
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.