Hop To
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
R
Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by lauren
wgaff, It's nice to hear you whacko's dissing Bill Ruger. Good to know. And who are you? who?

the difference between the 556 and Ruger mini 14 ranch rifle is?

BP-B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
one of the two, is accurate.....

D
djs Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by huntsman22
one of the two, is accurate.....

and it sure isn't the Mini 14. 4" groups on a good day for mine.

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
R
Mine, a newer one, 1 to 2 inches with no mods. Does not shoot as well as my rock river but was half the price

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
wgaff, It's nice to hear you whacko's dissing Bill Ruger. Good to know. And who are you? who?

If I want you to open your mouth, I'll take my dick out.

Merry Christmas,
Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
IC B2

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by 700LH
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by 17ACKLEYBEE
Ruger caved before their is no reason they shouldn't cave again. They just need to smell a government contract promise under their nose.

Ruger caved? Caved to what?

Travis

Ruger received criticism from gun owners for suggesting that rather than ban guns, that Congress should outlaw magazines holding more than 15 rounds.[8] On March 30, 1989, Bill Ruger sent a letter to every member of the US Congress stating:

"The best way to address the firepower concern is therefore not to try to outlaw or license many millions of older and perfectly legitimate firearms (which would be a licensing effort of staggering proportions) but to prohibit the possession of high capacity magazines. By a simple, complete and unequivocal ban on large capacity magazines, all the difficulty of defining 'assault rifle' and 'semi-automatic rifles' is eliminated. The large capacity magazine itself, separate or attached to the firearm, becomes the prohibited item. A single amendment to Federal firearms laws could effectively implement these objectives."

William B. Ruger[9]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_B._Ruger

Roger that. I thought we were conceding Ruger dropped the 556.

Which I believe is a pile of horseschit.

Travis

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ribka

the difference between the 556 and Ruger mini 14 ranch rifle is?

One is a money maker, one is a money loser. I talked to an "anonymous source" inside Ruger a couple of months ago and he mentioned the 556. The 556 has been a miserable failure for Ruger. The discussion of canning it has been an internal issue at Ruger LONG before this particular incident. If they can it, it�s for monetary reasons more than political. If they announce it now, then that�s pretty chitty of Ruger for gun owners and the industry in general.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by KevinGibson
One is a money maker, one is a money loser. I talked to an "anonymous source" inside Ruger a couple of months ago and he mentioned the 556. The 556 has been a miserable failure for Ruger. The discussion of canning it has been an internal issue at Ruger LONG before this particular incident. If they can it, it�s for monetary reasons more than political. If they announce it now, then that�s pretty chitty of Ruger for gun owners and the industry in general.

I hope your double-secret-probation source is better than ringworm's.

Travis

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Travis

Honestly not so much a �source� as someone I shared a meal with some months back. We�re not buddies and I wouldn�t feel like I could just call him up and ask him questions. But at dinner we did talk guns quite a bit. He is a Browning Hi Power fan, so he did much of the question asking and me the answering. He�s in their finance department, so he�s not an engineer or anything like that. But I did ask him about how well the 556 was selling because I personally didn�t see it as attractively priced, and that�s the story he gave me�.FWIW. I don�t see any reason why he would lie to me, but he could just be wrong. Anecdotally though, I find his side of things very plausible. I don�t know ANYONE who has a Ruger 556, nor do I know anyone who even wants one. On various forums, you rarely if ever see mention of them, so that tells me that his story makes sense to me at least.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Well if I were a betting man, I would bet every 556 on any shelf right now is in grave danger of being purchased.

Travis

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Well if I were a betting man, I would bet every 556 on any shelf right now is in grave danger of being purchased.

Travis
Yeah, right now I'd bet you're right.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S

I definitely have nothing to do with guns made for killing people.

So, your weapons can't kill anyone. Must not have firing pins, although you could bludgeon someone to death. People kill people, you sniveling, pathetic moron. To quote Kid Shaleen (aka, Lee Marvin), "Guns, bottles, fists, knives, clubs. All the same to me. All the same to you?"

"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing."
Robert E. Howard
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
She must refuse to own a shillelagh.

Travis

R
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R

Travis

I guess we will see. My "inside guy" doesnt have a reason to let rumors fly.
I couldnt care either way. Since that monumental FK stick of a turd trigger wound up inside the 77 I havent considered owning a ruger product. forget the overpriced doublestar they are calling the SR556 or the wonderful mini14/ door stop.
in fact the only thing ruger makes thats worth 2 chits is the SP and GP revolvers. IN MY OPINION!

TRUMP- GABBARD 2024
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Ok.

Travis

Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
691 members (160user, 12344mag, 12308300, 1234, 163bc, 06hunter59, 70 invisible), 2,704 guests, and 1,280 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,617
Posts18,398,496
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.