24hourcampfire.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Yes, the big box stores typically drive the smaller companies out of business.

So, based on your prior statement:
"In this internet/box store age there is very little loyalty to local merchants. Why should they reciprocate?"

It appears that your opinion is that the small stores should retaliate against their former customers whenever the opportunity presents itself.

Okay, that's a perfectly valid opinion. If I have misstated it please let me know.

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
BP-B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Buy from Wallyworld and support chicoms. Buy from the local guy and put a local kid through school or make a families mortgage payment.

Local guys might be making a bigger profit on the "rush for saftey panic" sales, but they still have to pay more themselves, now, to replace what is on the shelf.

It is everybodies choice whether it is guns, grocery, or auto parts and repairs. Your choice, your communities loss or gain.

Sean
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It's not fair for the 99% that want AR-15's and can't get one because of the capitalist pigs. The government should provide AR-15's for everyone. That's the fair thing to do. The sellers profits are way too high. We need the government to step in and make sure everyone gets their fair share of AR-15's.

I plan to sign up for a free OR-15 next week......

If you thought it was important to have an AR and didn't get one in the last 4 years, you're a dumbass.

If you didn't get one after the election, you're a bigger dumbass.

If you didn't buy one during your lunch break last Friday, then you just ain't gettin one.....

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho
Yes, the big box stores typically drive the smaller companies out of business.

So, based on your prior statement:
"In this internet/box store age there is very little loyalty to local merchants. Why should they reciprocate?"

It appears that your opinion is that the small stores should retaliate against their former customers whenever the opportunity presents itself.

Okay, that's a perfectly valid opinion. If I have misstated it please let me know.

I have no idea how you get "retaliate" out of anything I wrote. Some will gouge, while others will get fair market, given the circumstances. I remember when 20 or so years ago primers were hard to find. We paid a 100% premium our cost to stock them, then marked them up only 10% for our customers. We had the same comments many make here in your indignation, while all we did was pay the going rate and try to keep them in supply for our customers.

The owner finally got fed up and raised them 100%; he said if he was going to catch hell, it was going to be worth it.

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

P
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P
I wonder if we can get the Obama Justice Department to investigate the "price gouging" of PMags...

My opinion...it ain't price gouging, it's using pricing to make sure everyone gets a few extra PMags....allocate a limited supply of goods in the face of rising demand. Also might incent Magpul to run the factories full bore and increase supply before the inevitable ban hits...resulting in more folks getting more mags...

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Magpul already released they are working 3 shifts at 100% capacity and are only making black mags for the foreseeable future.

Otto is my co-pilot.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

The question to be asked is "If there is money left on the table, whose should it be?"

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Those that demand higher prices when lack of supply allows it, usually receive less business when ample product is available.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Bluedreaux
Just curious. If I had a case of PMags that I could flip and quadruple my money right now I would. Can't see how it's any different for a business owner.

They're not price gouging food to starving orphans or your grandmother's heart medicine, just things that people really WANT to own right now. People who evidently have the money to spend on extra stuff right now.

Isn't this kinda what capitalism is all about...People with ingenuity making money?

Nothing if I am doing the gouging, everything if I am being gouged.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I think its hilarious, both the whining and the knee jerk retards paying stupid prices for stuff.

Most of those charging huge sums are prolly trying to make a few bucks back after they bought 100,000 primers for double retail back in 2008 laugh

I gotta believe those getting their panties wadded are the same folks who get all worked up when somebody lowballs them on a item they are trying to sell.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
IC B3

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Originally Posted by ringworm
nothing wrong, lets you know who to deal with after the waves subside. If your local gas station jacked up gas to $10 a gallon after a natural disater would you find yourself stopping there in the future?

I can guarantee that if that specific thing you wrote ever were to happen here, there's gonna' be a fire. Guarantee it.

People gouging for certain things don't bug me. People selling Red Sox hats for stupid money after the WS wins type thing, for example, no problem with it. If you're desperate or dumb enough to pay $300 for an ordinary hat, so be it. Capitalism of that sort I have no problem with. Selling bottles of water and those kinds of essential goods to people who are in distress/physical need for it is a different story entirely.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I am amused by people who complain that the most expensive place that has raised prices is the only place with the product left in stock and then go off on price gouging.

Otto is my co-pilot.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 700LH
Those that demand higher prices when lack of supply allows it, usually receive less business when ample product is available.

Unless they are the cheapest in town.

Last edited by okok; 12/23/12.

Jed York does not own the 49ers; Russell Wilson does.
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
What's really going to be funny is when the government takes away all these AR's, AK's, and all those high capacity magazines that we all thought we just had to have. I'll bet there are going to be a whole lot of people glad they didn't waste their money on the soon to be banned weaponry, no matter what they would have paid for it. crazy

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
BRING
IT.
wink

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by okok
BRING
IT.
wink
Let the macho chest thumping begin! grin

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
This is not capitalism or a free market because of the government entanglement, that said make all the money you need to.

I will never regret killing the agents of government who come looking for our guns.

Last edited by siskiyous6; 12/23/12.

Ignorance is not confined to uneducated people.

WHO IS
JOHN GALT?

LIBERTY!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by M7300SAUM
BRING
IT.
wink

You going to roll over?

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by M7300SAUM
BRING
IT.
wink

You going to roll over?
If you are asking if I will comply with new gun regulations the answer is yes. I don't like it but I'm not going to shoot my family members and friends who are in law enforcement and are charged with enforcing the law.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I helped out at my LGS the last couple of days.The owner did NOT raise one price from "per-shooting" to afterwards.All p-mags,and AR's went out at the same prices they were two weeks ago.He won't do it,never has....

The other locals jacked everything up by the hour.One dealer has claimed a million dollar day in AR's?? I think impossible to do in one day without the help of a price gun....

Come on America,
Athletes and actors are not heroes, only soldiers, airmen,marines and sailors get that respect�and let's add firemen and LEO's

Page 3 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
490 members (17CalFan, 10gaugeman, 1Longbow, 160user, 10ring1, 1lesfox, 45 invisible), 2,184 guests, and 1,014 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,596
Posts18,398,160
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.