M
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
M
Smooth talker you. I'm starting to see a pattern here. smile

Mark

NRA Life Member
Anytime anyone kicks cancers azz is a good day!

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Oh The Drama!
BP-B2

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
All I can say about this recent stuff, I'd sure let my reputation let it speak for itself, rather than play in the mud with the pigs. It ain't him thats gonna hurt you, its you that can hurt you IMHO.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
M
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
M
I have a couple of the Wiggys poncho liner/blankets aka "woobie".

YES, they are spendy as compared to a standard issue poncho liner. They are however substantially warmer to a degree that it is difficult to describe, as each of us feel warmth and cold differently.

I used one in the winter months in the Middle East, both as a bed spread, as seen in the pic, and rolled up in my kit for anticipation of an "unanticipated" overnight stay someplace.

My only "issues" with the Wiggys 'Cho liners is that they are SLICK and tend to slide off me at night on my rack and that they are so warm that I tend to overheat in an indoor setting, as compared to a standard issue poncho liner. I end up traveling with both and swapping them out as temps dictate.

[Linked Image]

Talk about some MINOR gripes! smile

Really GREAT product.

THE CHAIR IS AGAINST THE WALL.

The Tikka T3 in .308 Winchester is the Glock 19 of the rifle world.

The website is up and running!

www.lostriverammocompany.com

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
I'd like to try the Kifaru Woobie at some point too. Everything I"ve seen from them has been better than the Wiggys stuff. Doesn't mean I don't run wiggys, just know where and when its applicable. Much like do I take an AR, or the 308 bolt....

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ironbender
My bad.......

wink grin

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

IC B2

BW Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Just a Hunter
Originally Posted by BW
I was with you Mark, till you mentioned you contacted the guys Commanding Officer...

...Leave a mans employer out of the deal. It really irks me when people do that...

As a 20 year vet I can tell you Mark's action here is totally approppriate. Militery personnel are and should be held to a higher standard than someone who flips burgers.

I can't think of one reason why military should be held to 'a higher standard' than civilians.

That said, I'm no longer interested in what transpired so many years ago.

Brian

J
J
High ranking military officer? A Major? what is that a joke?

J
J
Sorry, I read page 2 where green devil, apparently a Major in the Army, said Taylor wanted him, a high ranking officer, to endorse his hunting book. A Major is a "guaranteed" rank unless you're a complete FU. People retire as a dirt-bag staff officer Major every day. That is equivalent to an enlisted guy in the Army retiring as an E6.

But anyway BW for a Major to falsify a set of orders is punishable under the Uniform Code of Military Justice under 107 Max: Dishonorable discharge, forfeiture of all pay and allowances, and confinement for 5 years., 123: punished as a court-martial may direct. and 133: Dismissal, forfeiture of all pay and allowances, and confinement for a period not in excess of that authorized for the most analogous (similar) offense for which a punishment is prescribed in this Manual, or, if none is prescribed, for 1 year.

BW- that Major was given a lot of tax money and the POTUS instilled him with a commission. He could have legally ordered others to "charge that machine gun nest".

He committed a series of unforgivable offenses. Had I been his commanding officer and found sufficient evidence through an inquiry, I would have most certainly referred him for courts martial.

If that was in fact true, he is a liar and deserves the most severe punishment. I knew an E6 who falsified his orders, he was arrested at Incheon International Airport when he was PCS'ing from Korea. He was confined and given hard labor and rationed bread and water "7 days on/ 7 off". At his General Courts Martial, he was convicted and sentenced to 36 months confinement, reduction to E1, forfeiture of all pay and and allowances, and a bad conduct discharge. Remember he was only an E6.

Taylor, you should have let this "Major" come through with the falsified orders, let him get his license and then burnt him at the stake by getting the State involved and then calling the ALCOM, Commanding General via 907-552-1110 - Then you don't say anything to anybody.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Why is this thread still alive? crazy

Steelhead

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
How did he find it????

NRA Benefactor Member

Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't.

IC B3

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
The big Lebowski (with 3 posts) has brought this thread back with the first 2 of those posts. Must be some kind of specialty.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It's like the gift that keeps on giving......lol

Steelhead

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Herpes?

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
well, it's Dec 23, 2012. I just spent a half-hour reading a thread that I was unaware as to being 6 years old. I would ask the question "Is there anyway I can get these 30 minutes of my life back?" except for the fact that I am filling in at a friend's pharmacy and was being paid $50 an hour to read this crap. Life is funny that way. It's all about perspective.

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
What a friggin' buncha girls !!!!!!!!!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by rphguy
well, it's Dec 23, 2012. I just spent a half-hour reading a thread that I was unaware as to being 6 years old. I would ask the question "Is there anyway I can get these 30 minutes of my life back?" except for the fact that I am filling in at a friend's pharmacy and was being paid $50 an hour to read this crap. Life is funny that way. It's all about perspective.

A merry pre - christmas eve to you, Sir. Thank you for this little anecdote. A just reminder.

While you are at that there pharmacy - please do look if you can not do something for "TheBigLebowski".

He seems to be itching somewhere private and is - judging from the irr - rash - anal style both in timing and contend - in need of a soothing gel.

Thank you in advance. Best wishes.

Member of the Merry Band of turdlike People.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by cmg
Originally Posted by rphguy

A merry pre - christmas eve to you, Sir. Thank you for this little anecdote. A just reminder.

While you are at that there pharmacy - please do look if you can not do something for "TheBigLebowski".

He seems to be itching somewhere private and is - judging from the irr - rash - anal style both in timing and contend - in need of a soothing gel.

Thank you in advance. Best wishes.
I will help out TheBigLebowski only if a trial membership in the turdlike clan is included. that's a tough group to get into.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A Turd one is or is not. Recognized be one must. The Force strong in you is, Padawahn - go out and insult the Grand Poobah.

Member of the Merry Band of turdlike People.

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
This thread needs to die and now!

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
A good way to let it die is to post on it about every 3-4 days if there are no other posts.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Page 8 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
523 members (160user, 007FJ, 10gaugeman, 17CalFan, 10ring1, 1lesfox, 52 invisible), 2,266 guests, and 1,039 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,596
Posts18,398,179
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.