Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
The big folks have real topics to discuss here and your insistence on inanities is a sore distraction.

Sorry to break this to you..........you're not one of the "big folks".

BP-B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You suffering withdrawal from being taken off my ignore list?

Just trying to get back on it?

grin grin

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Gus
that explanation makes more sense than believing the Arabs and Israelis are somehow involved?
On what basis did someone make this connection? Seems rather "out of the blue" to me.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by GrandView
There would be no talk of guns in the wake of this shooting had they not immediately been brought up as somehow guilty of it in and of themselves and no defense of gun owners would be needed had the anti's not immediately held us all collectively responsible.

There would be "no talk of guns"? You're joking.

And I have news for you. As citizens of this country EVERYONE is collectively responsible. Past, present, and future.

Now that is where the BS in question lays I'm not responsible for what some other a-hole does and niether is my gun. I am resposible for me.
You're going to need to spread it a little thicker because you're not getting full coverage with that BS.

NRA Lifetime Member
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T

I don't disagree with that.

I do disagree with the perpetual habit of inventing "facts" to support the contention of such conspiracies.

Which was the theme of the thread.
Then we have that in common, as I too oppose the invention of "facts" in support of any position whatsoever.

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Bigbuck215
Originally Posted by DakotaDeer
What is your conclusions concerning which weapons were actually used in the Sandy Hook killings?

The only reports I have read say that a Sig and a Glock were what was used but that there was a Bushmaster AR 15 in the trunk of his car so now all the media is implying that the AR15 is the "murder weapon."

is what i'm hearing too, the lame stream media has latched onto that narrative like pitbull, too feed the "assult weapons ban" loonies.

=========================================================
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Do people really think that the MSM doesn't lie?

I have witnessed poor reporting, misleading reporting, and flat out lies by the media on several occasions. Not to mention the fact that they continually only report what goes along with their agenda.

To think that, in a situation such as Sandy Hook, the media turns over a new leaf and decides that they are going to be honest in their reporting is beyond stupid.

Does that mean that it is a Government conspiracy? I don't think so, but if no one ever questions their lies there is not much point in them telling the truth. I'd say that at this point the populace is so trusting in the media that they could report what ever they wanted to regardless of facts, and the people who questioned them would be called crazy kooks, etc...

It is actually very scary that we have reached this point IMO.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by heavywalker

I have witnessed poor reporting, misleading reporting, and flat out lies by the media on several occasions. Not to mention the fact that they continually only report what goes along with their agenda.

To think that, in a situation such as Sandy Hook, the media turns over a new leaf and decides that they are going to be honest in their reporting is beyond stupid.

Does that mean that it is a Government conspiracy? I don't think so, but if no one ever questions their lies there is not much point in them telling the truth. I'd say that at this point the populace is so trusting in the media that they could report what ever they wanted to regardless of facts, and the people who questioned them would be called crazy kooks, etc...

And the MSM has long been the propaganda arm of the state.

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by heavywalker

And the MSM has long been the propaganda arm of the state.

Right again!

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by steelheadslayer
What is your conclusions concerning which weapons were actually used in the Sandy Hook killings?

The only reports I have read say that a Sig and a Glock were what was used but that there was a Bushmaster AR 15 in the trunk of his car so now all the media is implying that the AR15 is the "murder weapon."

is what i'm hearing too, the lame stream media has latched onto that narrative like pitbull, too feed the "assult weapons ban" loonies.

The truth of the matter is that the MSM and the leftist politicians were calling for an AWB when it was still being reported that he used a handgun to do these killing.

IC B3

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G

Then you're hearing wrong. It was the "lame stream media" that erroneously reported the Bushmaster was in the trunk of the car.

Which they were corrected by the State Patrol in the following briefing.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-20751617

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Ugh.

How about this. A deranged 20-year-old used either an eeeevil Glock or an eeeevil Bushmaster assault rifle (sic) to massacre a bunch of 6 and 7 year old children at an elementary school?

We all knew this day would come to pass. Just because it has, and just because it hands the other side the perfect club to beat on us with, is no reason to get kooky.

Know what? More things like this will come to pass. We can argue cause & effect & blame & solutions, but is anyone going to argue that the pressure on the citizenry as a whole will only be going up? God knows, we have uncountable numbers of very potent weapons literally everywhere.

When these things do happen, there's no conspiracy required to explain them.

We are at a very tenuous moment. If someone, God forbid, goes batsh!t and kills a bunch of people in the next few weeks, the political pressure will be impossible for even 2nd supporters to bear. Laws will change. Rights will be infringed.

Just to head off any notion that I oppose these weapons, I currently own a Bushmaster AR and a Glock. Both are loaded. Both are secured. Honestly if we want to have a proactive forward thinking conversation here, we should be debating ways to try to greatly increase the percentage of guns that are properly secured.

Last edited by Jeff_O; 12/23/12.

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Jeff_O

When these things do happen, there's no conspiracy required to explain them.
Where did I say that a conspiracy is required? I've merely stated that conspiracy is one of many possibilities, just as criminal investigators will, quite reasonably, include the parents in their investigation of a missing child, based exclusively on the history of similar past investigations.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by Jeff_O
.. we should be debating ways to try to greatly increase the percentage of guns that are properly secured.

Good point.

Originally Posted by Archerhunter

Quit giving in inch by inch then looking back to lament the mile behind ya and wonder how to preserve those few feet left in front of ya. They'll never stop until they're stopped. That's a fact.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I'm not attacking you.

I am attacking this:

"I believe our GOVERNMENT shot those kids and teachers and used Adam Lanza and his family to pull it off.� They might have killed two birds with one stone.� One:� If these men are involved in the LIBOR scandal, they can manipulate their testimony.� Two:� they get gun control.� How�very, very clever and efficient of them,�right? ���I hate to say it.� I hate to put myself �out there� with this because I KNOW how I will be attacked.� But I don�t do this for anyone�s approval.� I do it to help the American People."

http://shortlittlerebel.wordpress.com/2012/12/16/urgent-update-on-connecticut-shooting/

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
the only two groups left that hasn't been interwoven in the Story are the Saudi Arabian Palace Police and the Israeli Mossad.

i think the Palace Police usually use knives, swords and such. the Mossad is more diverse in terms of their usage of weaponry.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Then you're hearing wrong. It was the "lame stream media" that erroneously reported the Bushmaster was in the trunk of the car.

Which they were corrected by the State Patrol in the following briefing.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-20751617

i didnt see that report....

...no matter, they "the left" wont be happy untill there is a complete repeal of the 2nd amendment, and they don't mind one bit using this tragedy to do it.

=========================================================
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Unless I see him carrying it on the schools closed circuit TV. I'm not believing much of anything coming out of any media or government agency. Governments lie too often to push the agenda here in America and around the world.

Even if its so it isn't a good reason to start striking down the constitution with the ass Hole in the White House right now.

Last edited by 17ACKLEYBEE; 12/23/12.

NRA Lifetime Member
G
g5m Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Overall, great post. Could I speak to the other side of it...somewhat? I've been critical of the lack of facilities ushered in by politicians greedy to capitalize on what amounts to Psychiatrists claims that they can medicate patients into sanity. I think the criticism is worthwhile but at the same time, most of the facilities were places where very bad things occurred. When you think about it, the rise of Psychotropic medication has allowed a lot of folks to lead semi-normal lives walking around like the rest of us, where before their advent, commitment was probably the best option.

That said, your point about pschiatric drugs...and other drugs, having the opposite or near-opposite effect they are supposed to, is well-taken. And it also seems like sometimes the patient is not at fault. Many times the patients decide to self-prescribe and decrease or quit taking meds, but sometimes it seems like a med can be working fine and then just quit or have a different effect. Strange and concerning.

At any rate, this is the conversation that should occur as to mental health, not some sort of test which will, no doubt, throw out anybody who wants to own a gun as "crazy" given the overall liberal bent of the profession.

I wonder if anybody remembers back about 1969 when the ACLU was going to court to empty the mental hospitals because of the patients' civil rights being overlooked. Made it a lot harder to put a psychotic person into some controlled environment. Maybe the ACLU is responsible for all this mass murder.

Retired cat herder.

G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
oh, they contributed. that's pretty much a military certainty.

Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
658 members (1234, 163bc, 06hunter59, 17Fan, 09wingates, 73 invisible), 2,684 guests, and 1,222 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,608
Posts18,398,386
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.